Oath of the Scenario Developer

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:I say go as big as you can and don't start small. I get sick of people telling me to go small go small go small GO small I go big or go home and I will not go home. if I fail that is my problem not YOURS so just back off OK.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:I say go as big as you can and don't start small. I get sick of people telling me to go small go small go small GO small I go big or go home and I will not go home. if I fail that is my problem not YOURS so just back off OK.
you go girl
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

They all doubted him.

He was laughed at.

But little did they know,

he was back in the game. Out of his league.

UESC master Chief in The Rookie.

"I go big or go home..."

"...and I will not go home."
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

^ Hey, that picture is actually kinda funny...
irons
Vidmaster

Master Queef's philosophy has one benefit that we can't ignore: no one ever finishes.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

thedoctor45 wrote:there has been an unfortunate data loss a while ago that nuked several months of hard work from my harddisk - I still have an old backup but for now the project is on hold until i have restored my other stuff. Apparently, fate doesn't like fools who don't make regular backups...
This seems to be a recurring catastrophe with projects here. Back your stuff up, people! Don't let it happen to you. Unless you're just making physics models. Then let it happen to you.
Switch
Vidmaster

Ares Ex Machina wrote:This seems to be a recurring catastrophe with projects here. Back your stuff up, people! Don't let it happen to you. Unless you're just making physics models. Then let it happen to you.
It's also incredibly easy to do if you just work in a Dropbox / Google Drive / MS SkyDrive folder. Everything gets backed up off-site instantly for you. I don't know why people still keep important projects sitting only on their computers.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

I keep everything on a flashdrive, so I don't lose anything. =P
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yep, that's the one. It matches surprisingly well. O_o
Paul
Cyborg

I remember when I was 13 and thought I could make an entire scenario.

$lave can still make my maps if he wants, though.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Paul wrote:I remember when I was 13 and thought I could make an entire scenario.
The same can be said of me with Dave demo. I think I may have also been 13 at that time as well. :D
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

Destiny wrote:
Paul wrote:I remember when I was 13 and thought I could make an entire scenario.
The same can be said of me with Dave demo. I think I may have also been 13 at that time as well. :D
I can assure you that age doesn't seem to make much difference in this case. From my experience as a game design student I have noticed the same state of mind in most of my classmates. The only difference is that we got teachers and supervisors to A. destroy our dreams and cut down our ideas to their core and B. motivate us.
treellama
Vidmaster

JohannesG wrote: I can assure you that age doesn't seem to make much difference in this case. From my experience as a game design student I have noticed the same state of mind in most of my classmates. The only difference is that we got teachers and supervisors to A. destroy our dreams and cut down our ideas to their core and B. motivate us.
I try to peform duty A on behalf of the Pfhorums, and just assume someone else will take care of B. It's important to share responsibility!
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I'll take care of B.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wrknchrister wrote:Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
it takes a village.jpg
CKT1138
Born on Board

Lest we forget when I thought I could make a scenario with no planning.... Twice.

Motherland (which was a dumb idea)
and Legend (also dumbish, but better of an idea)