Weland 1.4

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
treellama
Vidmaster

Weland 1.4 is available from SourceForge

Changes:Fixed New/Open/Save accelerators in OS XSplit Lines Attached to Polygons preference: Enabling this will let Weland split lines that have polygons attached, as long as the polygons have fewer than 8 vertices. Splitting a line may cause a polygon to become concave; nudge the point to fix it.Remember Deleted Sides preference: Enabling this will cause Weland to remember the wall textures on lines when you delete a polygon. Refilling the polygon will restore the textures. This should help when redrawing sections of a level.
Last edited by treellama on Aug 11th '12, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
???Durandal???
Cyborg

Is Weland ever going to get an official visual mode?

while all these features are very nice, it still is lacking that most useful feature.
Marathon D.R.E.A.M. copyright � 2008-2011- Is a future and ongoing SECRET project by Yours truly and Jjarandal productions � 2011- :
most patents pending and accepted. any and all material conceived by ME is property of me and gives no one a right to lay claim to my imagined stuff

***INCOMING MESSAGE***
Check out my blog, I've developed a little game pfhor you to play...

>> http://thedurpartment.blogspot.com/ <<

***END MESSAGE***
irons
Vidmaster

theres a plugin on simplt7y com pretty usefull
hard to find and 4 sum reson ppl downvited it?
i kno ryoko uses it alot
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Nice, although I was hoping for a multiple selection feature of some sort - adjusting the position of certain map areas is next to impossible when you have to move all the vertices separately.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Neat! Those sound like substantial time-saving features, at least for the way I map.

Although Visual Mode.lua should quell most calls for an in-editor visual mode, I do miss Forge's ability to assign floor and ceiling textures from within draw mode. That's a lot quicker for, say, assigning the landscape texture all over a complex outdoor region than either Forge's or Weland's visual mode.

thedoctor45: I agree that multiple selection would be a welcome feature. However, you can also move elements one line or one polygon at a time instead of one vertex at a time.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Crater Creator wrote:I do miss Forge's ability to assign floor and ceiling textures from within draw mode. That's a lot quicker for, say, assigning the landscape texture all over a complex outdoor region than either Forge's or Weland's visual mode.
This ability already existed in Weland 1.3.

You just need to associate a shapes file with the application in the preferences.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Whoops! Seems I missed an earlier update, then. All the more reason to switch to 1.4.
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

These new features sound cool! Thanks for continuing to work on this, and looking forward to seeing what you do next.
caffienemachine
Born on Board

I'm just posting here because apparently I need to make a post before I can make a topic. I might download this and try my hand at mapping again sometime. Sorry if I'm not supposed to post like this!
HelpfulHopeful
Spazeroid

is this easy to use if you know how to use doom builder?
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

HelpfulHopeful wrote:is this easy to use if you know how to use doom builder?
I'd give it a shot if you're interested. It's as easy as Forge, which I picked up long ago with no prior experience with mapmaking programs. You can start with the Forge tutorials, which are available here.
???Durandal???
Cyborg

I have a question:

Is there a way I can mass move polygons at once without having to mess up their shapes?

I encountered a predicament in one of my maps where I mis-calculated how much room I needed, and the only way to make more room is to move my ENTIRE structure( which is made up of hundreds of polys) to the south by a few meters. It would be nice if I could just mult-select the polygons, move them, and have them still retain perfect shape, otherwise, its going to be a nightmare to fix...

irons wrote:theres a plugin on simplt7y com pretty usefull
hard to find and 4 sum reson ppl downvited it?
i kno ryoko uses it alot

A plugin for weland specifically? I already use Visual mode Lua, but if there is something else I'd love to know ;-)
Marathon D.R.E.A.M. copyright � 2008-2011- Is a future and ongoing SECRET project by Yours truly and Jjarandal productions � 2011- :
most patents pending and accepted. any and all material conceived by ME is property of me and gives no one a right to lay claim to my imagined stuff

***INCOMING MESSAGE***
Check out my blog, I've developed a little game pfhor you to play...

>> http://thedurpartment.blogspot.com/ <<

***END MESSAGE***
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Durandal347 wrote:I have a question:

Is there a way I can mass move polygons at once without having to mess up their shapes?
If you're on Windows, you can just use obed to do that one thing, and then go back to using Weland.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Are you running out of room because you're hitting the edge of the plotted space, or because you're bumping up against another part of the map? If you're having the first problem, try Recenter Level under the Special menu in Weland or Forge. Weland will move the map by whole grid units, apparently, which is more than can be said for Forge.
deram_scholzara
Born on Board

Treellama wrote:Weland 1.4 is available from SourceForge
Treellama, the link on your site for donating money doesn't work. Have an alternative?

Edit: Referring to this: http://weland.sourceforge.net/
Last edited by deram_scholzara on Aug 24th '12, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
The only sin in this world is to exploit or destroy the freedoms of another soul.
treellama
Vidmaster

Deram Scholzara wrote:Treellama, the link on your site for donating money doesn't work. Have an alternative?
Yeah, Weland isn't set up to receive donations, but the default SourceForge page doesn't realize that. I'm blessed enough to be able to work on Weland in my spare time, so I'd be delighted if people would donate to a local charity instead!
deram_scholzara
Born on Board

Treellama wrote:Yeah, Weland isn't set up to receive donations, but the default SourceForge page doesn't realize that. I'm blessed enough to be able to work on Weland in my spare time, so I'd be delighted if people would donate to a local charity instead!
Sounds like a good plan. What do you do with your not spare time?
The only sin in this world is to exploit or destroy the freedoms of another soul.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hey, whenever I try selecting a number for a goal (item), it changes to blank whenever I click on it again. Is this normal, or is something wrong?
treellama
Vidmaster

Destiny wrote:Hey, whenever I try selecting a number for a goal (item), it changes to blank whenever I click on it again. Is this normal, or is something wrong?
It doesn't sound normal. Numbered goals are pretty useless, so I doubt anybody has ever tried it!
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Well, I did for my solo map. Though, I could just take a screenshot, edit it, and put it into the PICTs. That could work as a replacement for the goal.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

If I remember right, goals are really glitchy anyway, and the map pictures they generate don't interact well with the terminal text. Unless A1 fixed that at some point?
tawlney
Born on Board

I'll have to download this and give it a try. Would love to make maps and/or scenarios. Of course I would start small but I hope to put out some good stuff now that I have a computer powerful enough to use bloom :P
do de do de do
de do de do de do
mini0013xx
Spazeroid

I'm not able to run Weland 1.4

I've downloaded the two .net and GTK things that I need to download, but it crashes on start up.

I'm running on Windows 7 32 bit by the way.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

^ The above, but Win 8 64bit.

Get 'Weland has stopped working' or whatever, EventID of 1000.