Does anyone remember this?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Sowum... when will this project be started? And I also have a suggestion, make the grenades always pass through the trasparent side, Id rather have grenades pass through solid metal than blow up in doorways.

Can you also make the story contain a bit more brain? But still sound as funny?

"If we believed in a god, we would damn it"

And by the way for all of those contributing, I believe "goran" is pronouced "yorr ahn" or something.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

Shadowbreaker wrote: And by the way for all of those contributing, I believe "goran" is pronouced "yorr ahn" or something.
for me being scandinavian like Goran i am pretty sure that it's not pronounced Yorr ahn. :P
if i am wrong, then i owe Goran a beer for wrongly pronouncing his name for such a long time.
(i am gonna come to sweden some day and have a beer with you goran! how does 07/07/07 sound to you?) :)
goran
Vidmaster

you know how the "i" in girl sounds like

y"i"ran

or you know how jersey is pronounced, take away the "sey", and replace it with "an"

You're very welcome Esi, It's gonna be some real good time meeting you [MUp]

shadowbreaker, there wont be any of those doorways in this year's xmas scenario.
I'm working on the shapes together with simon. I hope we get up the forge shapes until monday.

I'll make up some twisted story.
John Drake
Vidmaster

So its yurin (phonettically of course)? Or yuran?
goran
Vidmaster

story idea 1:

You're Knifa. A pfhor elite soldier. You belong to a taskforce of 50 troopers. The empire have sent your squad to a human base on a cold ice planet.

It's not humans you're going to fight though. The base have belonged to the pfhor a good long 40 years. The empire believe the current commander of the base is withholding information about the ice mines. It seems they have found something of power. Things has gottens so far that the empire have now decided to send in a squad of troopers. They're going to wipe the base clean, and find out what is going on.

You'll talk with your commander and other troopers in the terminals. And of course you'll be assisted with trooper friends every now and then. It's going to be a hell of war in that human base. you'll find out what that pfhor is hiding from the empire.

I haven't decided what the secret in the ice mines will be yet. Damn it's 3 am, and I just came home from the pub. I'll sleep on it [MGrin]

DRAKE. wrote: So its yurin (phonettically of course)? Or yuran?
I'll link you to swedish song tomorrow where they sing my name.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

What if the submarine the AIs took over in XS1 factored into XS2? Like, say the sub gets overrun by a renegade Pfhor faction (gee, that sounds familiar) and Tfear sends you in to clear it out.
goran
Vidmaster

Ryoko, you gave me an idea. I'll pm it to you
Tybo
Cyborg

why is my awesome sprite being ignored? :(

[MGrin]
goran
Vidmaster

I found the song but it wasn't good. Some stupid old dialect made my name sound retarded.

göran

j + "Shape the lips to an o, say a" +ran.
FullDiaper
Born on Board

Hey Goran, I finally managed to create a good looking colors pallete without loosing much quality, i'll post some screens once i'm done working on that!
goran
Vidmaster

shapesshuttle download here

Simon, the shuttle looks very small, at 14k. I'm on pc this week, can someone test if this works.

Great news on new pallete simon!
FullDiaper
Born on Board

I thought you were on mac, email me as soon as you get acess on one!
goran
Vidmaster

Simon there's no time to wait until I have access to a mac (a week). Upload the forge-shapes to the ftp, and I'll take care of the rest.

I think the shapes are ready to go right away, without me looking at them. If something is missing, we can add it as we go along.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

ok goran, i owe you a beer. i pronounced your name wrongly all this time. kind of a mix of icelandic and swedish :P

thank god that beer is cheap in sweden compared to iceland. :P
goran
Vidmaster

I don't drink beer, only expensive drinks [MSmile]
Zott
Vidmaster

Hehe, Tybo's sadistic Santa should be an Easter Egg Monster.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
FullDiaper
Born on Board

Ok Goran, I uploaded the files at the ftp, look for "goran stuff" in the XMas folder.
Samus

im under age, HAHAHA the drinking age is 18 in NZ i will be able to buy and drink (legally) before all of you! mohuwahahaha

The sadistic santa easter egg (wrong holiday, Xmas pressent :D) should be on a level that you have to hit a switch but it reveals the platform that it is meant to, but somewhere in the level it opens another platform but that is concealed by an invisible wall making it only possible to find by the map! Then there is a teleporter that portals you to an evil dungeon with a 7 sadistic bob that chucks EXPLOSIVE PREZZIES at you and he has flappy shoulder flap things that can generate bullets (like the jugg flaps) and he has 6000 health, When you beat him A nuclear death flashes that takes you to another level that only has a table with a script on congratulating you on destroying the Santa Clause and wishes you a merry christmas. All these levels are hexed out so you can't see them, And if irons reads this... you don't have to hex to change the level name in game and out game name, you call the actual level file something else and that appears as the lvl chooser naem but the name in forge is over head map (not tested, i just think I recall of it as I mispelta lvl file and map once)
Last edited by Samus on Nov 27th '06, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

Samus wrote: im under age, HAHAHA the drinking age is 18 in NZ i will be able to buy and drink (legally) before all of you! mohuwahahaha
and what gives you the idea that everybody here are underage, younger than you and can't buy beer legally yet?
Last edited by JohannesG on Nov 27th '06, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

goran returns! hooray!
i could probably make a lua script to make certain polygons be icy, so that deceleration would be less on them, if you want.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
goran
Vidmaster

The Xmas 2006 Shapes

All mappers download.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

goran wrote: The Xmas 2006 Shapes

All mappers download.
downloading...
goran
Vidmaster

Drictelt just joined the project. [MSmile]

He's a good one, he was on last year's team.
FullDiaper
Born on Board

Drictelt? Oh boy, been a while since i talked with him! Last time it was on the forg hotline server, his project was moving along slowly but he's one of the mapper who is improving the most and a gifted textures artist.
I miss the good old forg days, back when it was alive and kicking.
D-M.A.
Born on Board

Johannes Gunnar wrote: and what gives you the idea that everybody here are underage, younger than you and can't buy beer legally yet?
I think what he meant was that he will be able to buy beer at a younger age than you did legally. Problem with that is, the legal drinking age is 18 in most countries. USA is one of few exceptions. I've been consuming beer legally for years [MUp]