I will play every level in Rubicon X and comment on them.

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Bummer...

Want to try Dave? XD

Before you even think of an answer, I would like to mention that 1) I know it's AWFUL. 2) While playimg through it a while back, I found out that some aspects are broken. Missing terminal text, monsters missing color tables (that were from M1A1 SE) that makes the game crash, and I couldn't figure out how to complete one of my own levels!

I wouldn't care if anyone tears it apart anymore. It would probably just make me laugh at how I did things back then. There's actually a whole playthrough of me playing it on my Youtube page. XD

Were there any other scenarios you played that you made comments? I vaguely remember an Eternal and Aeon thread.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I did one for Tempus Irae and Marathon Infinity as well.

I tried doing one for M1 and M2, but my commentary is based primarily around level design decisions and those games are pretty simple. Particularly M1. There isn't much to comment on, and whining about poor design decisions is kind of stupid when M1 is the first Marathon game and an early FPS game in general, and it didn't have a lot to build off of. The commentary would be pretty straightforward.

I'd probably like to comment on Evil at some point, but it wouldn't be on Total Carnage because that is a tedious and not at all fun experience. Really I should probably do Excalibur, haha.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

I would love to see commentary for Evil and EMR. I never finished EMR 3.0. It looks so cool compared to the M1 and M∞ versions. At some point I hope to play it again. As for Evil, I found it to be a great scenario, but I didn't like the end.

Yeah... you can't really complain about M1.
Cephalostrum
Born on Board

Evil would be interesting, I have fuzzy memories of thinking the level design was very haphazard. EMR on the other hand... blech. Tempus Irae tier switch hunting.

EMR's also broken on newer versions of OS X afaik.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I was too lazy to do it myself, but I would love it if someone could comment on every level of Marathon: Rod.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:At the end of the level, an Enforcer teleported in in front of me and electrocuted me. I thought this was a human level! Where the hell did another Enforcer come from?
Best line in the entire commentary!

Great job, TK. Your a good writer and a good judge of mapping. You obviously know what makes Marathon fun, to a degree. I can't wait to read another commentary by you.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

ur destiny wrote:Your a good writer
speak and spell.gif
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

image display failed
NobilityV3
Born on Board

Did you write this when you were 12?

Pretty much after every summary in the final paragraph you always have something to complain about and how it's "so stupid."
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons
Vidmaster

Destiny wrote:Your a good writer
NobilityV3
Born on Board

patrick wrote:so stupad
I'm American and what is this?
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

It's Patrick.
NobilityV3
Born on Board

Every level is 5/5 Aesthetics for me.

One of the best atmospheres and designs in a game, ever.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

NobilityV3 wrote:
patrick wrote:so stupad
I'm American and what is this?
As a fellow American, I may not know the rules or understand what in the video is particularly notable, but I should at least recognize Cricket when I see it. :P