Today's my birthday

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

I'm finally the right age to play Marathon, but that hasn't stopped me from playing it for the past 14 years.

It's past midnight as of this post. I'm kind of tired.

17 years... only a year away from becoming an adult. Weird. I didn't think I would ever get to this point in life. I wonder what's all ahead in the next few years.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

If Mararthon is older than you, you're never the right age to play it.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

tbcr's own dave wrote:wonder what's all ahead in the next few years
senescence
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Wrkncacnter wrote:If Mararthon is older than you, you're never the right age to play it.
Why do you do it, Jon? I've known you for at least 8 years now, but I can't understand this side of you. What's wrong with just telling a kid happy birthday?

Happy birthday, Destiny.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

john carpenter's the thing wrote: {spurious display of emulated human feeling}
{stop deleting asylum's posts}.png
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

tertor wrote: Why do you do it, Jon? I've known you for at least 8 years now, but I can't understand this side of you. What's wrong with just telling a kid happy birthday?
I could ask you the same question. Why do you do it, Jon?
irons
Vidmaster

Wrkncacnter wrote:I could ask you the same question. Why do you do it, Jon?
because we can
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Thanks Crater. I expected specific people to act this way as soon as I hit the submit button.

Instead of playing on the computer this year (I don't have one to play on), I spent most of the day watching Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. I had country fried steak and root beer floats for my meal. Next year, I think I'll play Kingdom Hearts for my birthday.

Interesting fact: I learned yesterday that I was two when I played Doom (still uncertain as to the age I was when I played Marathon). My mom apparently couldn't run-and-gun well, so she enlisted my aide. That's one year less when I started playing violent shooting games. I originally thought I was 3 when I did so.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Of course I'm kidding. You can refer to this post to see that I don't actually believe what I said.

Seriously, happy birthday, little dude.

CryoS
Vidmaster

Wrkncacnter wrote: Image
I'm still disappointed this wasn't PM'd me for my birthday. :(