PiD poster

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
Nathan92
Cyborg

Hey guys, been a long while. Wanted to show you guys a Pathways poster I just designed. I was inspired by another person's PiD piece, but I decided to elaborate on the idea a bit.

Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wow. That looks pretty cool.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wow. Nice. Very geometric, and I think the circle at the bottom nicely suggests the beginnings of a nuclear explosion (which always starts off as very dome-like or circular in nature).
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

That is gorgeous - I love the textures and color choice. Incredibly striking.
Hopper
Mjolnir Mark IV

That is nice. I can see the influence from David Candland's work, but it has its own distinct style.

It makes me want to see the game itself redone with stark, stylized graphics. Like Mirror's Edge meets Badland.
Nathan92
Cyborg

Thanks guys!

Yup, that's the one I was inspired by, didn't notice his maze-like Minotaur one though, coincidence maybe!
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Nathan92 wrote:Yup, that's the one I was inspired by, didn't notice his maze-like Minotaur one though, coincidence maybe!
Well, both games involve big sprawling maze-like areas, with lots of corridors winding around, etc. Minotaur is a little more maze-like, from what I've seen, but even so, PiD is pretty maze-like.
irons
Vidmaster

Well-done. If I were Patrick, I'd post about House of Leaves.
Zott
Vidmaster

I definitely enjoy the colors and maze. The splatter/grime on the final circle is a nice touch.

As a critique, it kind of bothers me how most of the mazes are confined below the boundaries of the temple above. I think it might look a bit better with within an upside down triangular confinement. That is, mazes start outside the reach of the temple then work to a point.
Nathan92
Cyborg

Thanks guys!
Zott wrote:I definitely enjoy the colors and maze. The splatter/grime on the final circle is a nice touch.

As a critique, it kind of bothers me how most of the mazes are confined below the boundaries of the temple above. I think it might look a bit better with within an upside down triangular confinement. That is, mazes start outside the reach of the temple then work to a point.
Thanks Zott, thanks for the crit too!

I kinda see what you mean. For hierarchy I did want the maze to be a little larger than the pyramid, but I'll experiment with it.
Last edited by Nathan92 on Oct 28th '13, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.
Hopper
Mjolnir Mark IV

I actually like how the pyramid and maze are about the same width. With the wispiness of the maze's dead ends, and the large top on the pyramid, it reminds me of a familiar shape.
Mavrik
Born on Board

oh, thats amazing! [MUp]