Manual Account Approval

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
$lave

Due to a recent influx of spambots, new accounts will have to be manually approved for the time being. This may result in some delay before new users are able to access the board. Additionally, anyone who tried to register between December 13th and December 15th may have had their account pruned and be required to create a new account.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and we hope to have everything back to normal by the end of the week!
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Thanks for staying on top of the spam. We all appreciate it. [MUp]
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

So... were all the spambots causing today's outbreak manually approved?

Moreover, does the board have flood control? It seems they're able to post a new topic every 2 minutes. If users could only make 1 new thread per hour or something, it wouldn't impact legitimate discussion much.
$lave

No, the manual account approval only lasted a week or so from the time I made this thread, I'm not entirely sure where today's influx of spam came from. I'll check the current flood control settings and tweak them a bit later tonight when I have the time. Sorry for the inconvenience.