losing classic scenarios?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Alric
Born on Board

Thanks! I have noticed a problem; squad dossiers and image overlays don't appear correctly on my computer (it goes to a black screen), and it has issues registering the command key on my mac; I can't access the "mandatory suicide" mode. I have the command key assigned as my "crouch" button and I can't move forwards while holding it down either.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

hmm i have no issue with the dossiers - some image overlays in the config dialogs are not showing but that's not game breaking to me. Also try holding down option while launching the port this will bring up the Wineskin config app - then navigate to the Advanced -> Options tab and check the "Option key works as alt" button - that should make crouching work - although the cmd button is working fine for me without enabling that option.

To get rid of the black screen issue you could try the mess around with the Screen Options settings in the WS config app - set X11 Window control to overrride/fullscreen 640x480 or enable the Mac driver/window decoration - that's my best guess atm. hope that helps.
Alric
Born on Board

Thank you again. I tried having Wine use the Mac driver but then DI doesn't launch at all.

Do you happen to have a Wine version of Prime Target?
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

The Mac driver not working might be related to an outdated Wine engine - try downloading and installing one of these engines on your system - then in the Wrappers config app under "Advanced" click on "Change Engine used" and change to the newly installed WS9 engine - the Mac driver should work afterwards.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nqbm7f ... ine_1.6.x)

Afaik Prime Target was OS9 only so it won't work with Wine.
Alric
Born on Board

I installed one of the latest updates at the link but the problem about DI not launching still persists whenever I use Mac drivers.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

The provided installer alone won't make it work - you have to use the Wineskin Settings app from the DI wrapper and change the installed engine there manually as well before it works. Check under Advanced -> Tools -> Change Engine Used -> WS9Wine1.6...
Alric
Born on Board

Ok, now the game launches when I select the Mac driver but the dossiers and screen headers still don't appear.

Worse, now the game lags tremendously whenever I turn in game, Mac driver activated or not.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

that's a bummer - the only other solution for you problem I can think of would be editing the user.reg file located in "Damage Incorporated.app/Contents/Resources/" manually with a Text Editor and changing the following lines:

[Software\\Wine\\Direct3D] 1330340525
"DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl"
"useGLSL"="disabled"

to

[Software\\Wine\\Direct3D] 1330340525
"DirectDrawRenderer"="gdi"
"useGLSL"="enabled"
"OffscreenRenderingMode"="backbuffer"

You can experiement with different settings if you want - anyway, hope that helps.
Alric
Born on Board

It seems I can't edit the file with TextEdit or any other word processing program.

Will this fix the lag problem? It lags no matter what driver I use now.

I also noted that sometimes the mouse cursor doesn't disappear from the screen in game anymore after using the map...that may be related to the lag.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

just redownload the game and if you still can't write to the files open a terminal window and type

"sudo chmod -R 775" and drag the application next to the text into the terminal window - then hit return and enter your admin password - you should have full read/write permission to the gamefiles afterwards.
Alric
Born on Board

Redownloading the game fixed the lag problem, but of course the dossier bug still occurs. I'll try this at some point but I don't want to lose my saved games again, at least not at this moment.