I'm surprised

Introduce yourself here!
VigorousSnow
Spazeroid

Goodness I'm tired.

Hello there, I'm VigorousSnow, if you haven't heard of me then you've been living under a rock, I'm sort of a big deal.

I've decided to, well, at least try to introduce myself to this community, maybe even become a part of it as time goes on, or at least with what remains of it. Not sure how many of you are still here, but the fact that there are still people here is, well, surprising. A 15 year old game still keeping people together is fantastic. Took a look around the forums, pretty tight knit.

Just got a few questions here,

1. Who is this robert fellow

2. Is there Forge for windows?

3. How many of you are still here

Sorry if I'm a little late, but didn't find out about the aleph one project until about a month ago, and even then I'm not one to just join a new community out of the blue, consider this a rare occurrence.

--> I know there's no forge for windows, don't ban me Godot
"They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear."

— The Emperor of Mankind
Tycho X
Cyborg

1. I think you might be talking about the BoB populist leader 'Robert Blake'. He pops up again in the Rubicon campaign.

3. Not many.

Tell me, why do you think you are a big deal? I've never heard of you, and I certainly don't live under a rock.
Frog blast the vent core!
$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.
VigorousSnow
Spazeroid

Tycho X wrote:1. I think you might be talking about the BoB populist leader 'Robert Blake'. He pops up again in the Rubicon campaign.

3. Not many.

Tell me, why do you think you are a big deal? I've never heard of you, and I certainly don't live under a rock.
Don't worry about that first bit, that was sarcasm.

But I know who robert blake is, I'm talking about the Robert in the email I got to confirm this account.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that there aren't many of you here, I'm sure at one point this place was much more heavily populated. Wish I could have jumped on the train earlier.

Don't be afraid to tell me if i'm coming off a bit of an ass, I just don't know any of you and how to properly communicate with any of you. Just gotta see the way you act and communicate yourself/yourselves.

Did I mention that the first bit was sarcasm?
"They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear."

— The Emperor of Mankind
Tycho X
Cyborg

VigorousSnow wrote: Also, I'm sorry to hear that there aren't many of you here, I'm sure at one point this place was much more heavily populated. Wish I could have jumped on the train earlier.
Same here.

I thought it might be sarcasm, but I wasn't quite certain.

As for Robert, I don't really know myself, I'm guessing it's the site owner's real name. Or just an alias.

Oh and btw, welcome to the Pfhorums!
Frog blast the vent core!
$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.
treellama
Vidmaster

VigorousSnow wrote:Just gotta see the way you act and communicate yourself/yourselves.
With the utmost of dignity, as befits lovers of such high art as is Marathon.
VigorousSnow
Spazeroid

treellama wrote:
VigorousSnow wrote:Just gotta see the way you act and communicate yourself/yourselves.
Ah, I'll keep that in mind.

...is that a llama?

— The Emperor of Mankind
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

VigorousSnow wrote:
treellama wrote:

...is that a llama?
a tree llama
VigorousSnow
Spazeroid

ukimalefu wrote:

...is that a llama?
a tree llama

I just noticed his name was treellama

At first glance I thought it was just gibberish.

— The Emperor of Mankind
Asylum
Cyborg

it must be coolest thing to be a plumber in nyc! we love the city.we go every december for three or four days. do you need any help
(●__●)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(●__●)
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Thank you guys, for making my trolling look good by comparison.
VigorousSnow
Spazeroid

Asylum wrote:it must be coolest thing to be a plumber in nyc! we love the city.we go every december for three or four days. do you need any help

Wh...what.
Wrkncacnter wrote:Thank you guys, for making my trolling look good by comparison.

What's the joke here?

I'm really confused.
Last edited by VigorousSnow on Feb 24th '15, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

— The Emperor of Mankind
$lave

Welcome to the Pfhorums, VigorousSnow!
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

VigorousSnow wrote: Wh...what.

What's the joke here?

I'm really confused.
Welcome! Don't worry, you aren't being an ass. Don't take things too seriously around here; inside jokes run so deep that even adept Pfhorumgoers have no idea what's being communicated after awhile, and I think that's the point. Making sense of comments is really just a waste of time now.

Not a lot of people post on the Pfhorums any more, but there's still a fair amount of content that gets posted on simplici7y.com and people still play online every day. See you around!
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

As a one time service, I'll explain my post since you asked.

You immediately came off as a troll to me, because of your second sentence and the fact that you quoted some spam for no reason. Maybe you're not really a troll, I don't know. Asylum is the other troll I was referring to, as no one knows what the hell his deal is.
VigorousSnow
Spazeroid

Wrkncacnter wrote:As a one time service, I'll explain my post since you asked.

You immediately came off as a troll to me, because of your second sentence and the fact that you quoted some spam for no reason. Maybe you're not really a troll, I don't know. Asylum is the other troll I was referring to, as no one knows what the hell his deal is.
That quote is an excerpt of some 40k fluff. It's actually part of a longer quote but...seemed too big to fit it in.

Which is what she says. Get it? Do you get that joke? Do you understand that comment I just made? Because penises....or peni...

Anyways you all seem like a nice bunch of people, hope to see you guys in the multiplayer and show you how spectacular I am, maybe I'll fiddle around with mapping in my spare time, I don't know.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

— The Emperor of Mankind