Seeking developer for paid project?

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
dustu
Cyborg

Hi,

Anyone interested in helping me get stairgenerator.dll working on Yosemite or on my system in particular? I'm willing to pay a reasonable price if some can spend an hour or two helping? I was not sure where to post something like this so I thought I'd put it in this area just to be safe.

Thanks,
Dustu
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

Just make the stairs manually. It's not even remotely difficult.
dustu
Cyborg

That's not my question but thanks. I have made stairs manually I'd like to try out the generator.
philtron wrote:Just make the stairs manually. It's not even remotely difficult.
Tycho X
Cyborg

To be honest, I reaaaaally doubt anyone will bother fixing it, even for you're paying. Seriously, making them manually is the best way.

All hail marathon.
Frog blast the vent core!
$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.
dustu
Cyborg

*sigh* ok. I give up. ;)
Tycho X wrote:To be honest, I reaaaaally doubt anyone will bother fixing it, even for you're paying. Seriously, making them manually is the best way.

All hail marathon.
treellama
Vidmaster

Probably just needs to be compiled to work with the latest Mono. I'll give it a try sometime. No need to pay, just have to be patient.
Tycho X
Cyborg

treellama wrote:Probably just needs to be compiled to work with the latest Mono. I'll give it a try sometime. No need to pay, just have to be patient.
Time is money, my friend.
$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

Tigger2 wrote:is money

my friend
dustu
Cyborg

Thanks Treellama. I appreciate that.
treellama wrote:Probably just needs to be compiled to work with the latest Mono. I'll give it a try sometime. No need to pay, just have to be patient.
treellama
Vidmaster

You would actually pay money for this plugin? What's wrong with you?
weland-1.4.1-mac.zip
(376.68 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Tycho X
Cyborg

llamatree wrote:You would actually pay money for this plugin? What's wrong with you?
King of laze.

I would probably also rather pay than fix it myself.

Depends though.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Hey, lazy or impatient, he got people's attention. Though I'd sooner just make the stairs in dustu's maps for him, by hand. [MTongue]
Tycho X
Cyborg

Crater Creator wrote:Though I'd sooner just make the stairs in dustu's maps for him, by hand. [MTongue]
I would legitimately create every bloody staircase by hand if it was paid.
I do it for my maps anyway; so why not? [MLaugh]
dustu
Cyborg

Treelama,

Thank you for compiling this. It works now. Aside from the comments people make about the UI, I really just wanted to try it. I do do stairs myself by hand, but there are times when it'd be nice to also have a stair generator.

The real challenge for me is less about the actual DLL and more about why I can't compile this myself from code. I wasn't very clear, but that would have been well worth my cost to pay someone to help me get my setup working. Right now I am unable to compile and not sure why.

I have spent countless hours trying to get some of this source code to compile without success. I know everyone is busy so I offered to pay someone to help me get my environment set up properly so I could compile code for stuff like stair generator or for other code in git.

I have worked with some Xcode stuff before and compiled it, but I can't make this work for some reason.

Either way, I'm not being lazy about stairs (I have a 2 new levels with some stairs in both done manually) but it'd be cool to get my development environment working right so I could compile stuff. That's all. :)

Anyway, my sincere thanks Treelama. I am able to run stairgenerator without it crashing all the time now. :)
dustu
Cyborg

Haha... :)

Actually it's more about being able to compile code (see my other reply). :)
treellama wrote:You would actually pay money for this plugin? What's wrong with you?
weland-1.4.1-mac.zip
treellama
Vidmaster

If you're trying to compile with the latest Mono, you need to change the Makefile to use mcs instead of gmcs.

Some day I'll get Weland migrated from SourceForge to GitHub, and update the source code to compile with the latest development environments. Some day.
dustu
Cyborg

Hi Treelama,

Thanks for the tip. I'm not a developer but am pretty determined! :) You run on a mac with Yosemite, right? Any chance you could share your makefile with me? I'm sure there are other issues I'm not thinking of that you have probably addressed in your makefile. :) Either way, thank you as always. I appreciate it.
treellama wrote:If you're trying to compile with the latest Mono, you need to change the Makefile to use mcs instead of gmcs.

Some day I'll get Weland migrated from SourceForge to GitHub, and update the source code to compile with the latest development environments. Some day.