Tutorial section suggestion

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
Neonstar
Born on Board

Hi all. I just wanted to pitch the possibility of a tutorial section for amateur modders. I'm trying to learn MML scripting at the moment and I though how good it could be if there was a forum for tutorials, so people could post tutorials of stuff they figure out how to do. We could also have a sticky post for known websites with documentation or tips and tricks for programs like Forge and Anvil, etc. ^_^ Is there already one around? (Besides the few links on the forum FAQ)
Sometimes, you've got to get better, before you can get better.
Power Macintosh G4/1.25 DP - OS 9
Zott
Vidmaster

I feel it is better you just ask the question you are struggling with for the particular topic, and have that be the thread. I've also seen general threads where a person walks through their map creation process as they discover how to build switches etc. That keeps the discussion focused. I don't feel there's the demand for a tutorial only forum, or rather, the aforementioned threads are not cluttering up the current space enough.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Here's a good starting point. It's a few years old now, so it doesn't mention newer stuff like Vasara, but it should cover the bulk of things for the aspiring scenario maker.
macksting
Born on Board

Well, I certainly went looking for such things and didn't find them, which means there's at least a tiny demand for it. As I become familiar with them, should I start compiling these resources into some kind of collection?
Presently working on andnomoreshallwepart.sceA
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

I see no harm in doing that. I mean, the greatest risk would be being redundant, but so what?
macksting
Born on Board

*shrugs* True. I don't like stepping on toes, especially as a n00b, so a little caution is warranted. If somebody knows of a good collection somewhere, it'd probably speed things up for me, as I could just vet said collection for broken links and such, and add it wholesale to my catalogue.

In many cases, I can probably just download the whole thing. Youtube videos and web pages, for example. I've nowhere to host them, of course, but that's another matter.
Presently working on andnomoreshallwepart.sceA