Hi-res M1A1 weapons

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
General Tacticus
Cyborg

Yeah, 3d modeled hands tend to look odd from behind, I will try rearrangeing the hand and finger position to make it more apparent as to which side it is on.

As for the rocket launcher, the sprite from the original graphics was almost entirely hand drawn, thus making a perfect re-creation all but impossible, my attempts to make a curvy one failed so badly that I just made it strait.

(Bear in mind, this was an attempt to make restyled graphics that were not neccisarily identical to the originals)
craZboy557
Cyborg

Fair enough. Anything on my rocket launcher not reaching the edge? I asked if screen size was the same as aspect ratio but haven't heard back.

Also, any thoughts on my request for an overhaul of the pistol?

Edit: A while later, and I decided to check the rocket with several screen sizes, and it seems to only work with 1680x1050.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:
Most of my suggestions for how to improve a game boil down to "It should be more like Halo."

General Tacticus
Cyborg

I will see what I can do about a new pistol, however it may take a while.

Oh, it seems that I messed up the horizontal offset for the rocket image, Here is a new script (just drag it in and replace the old one) If it still has the gap, then it will need more moving.
Attachments
Wepscript.mml.zip
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
craZboy557
Cyborg

Awright, rocket launcher matches up now. Thanks.

An idea struck me while I was playing this morning. Now, let me preface this by saying that the assault rifle is already awesome, so if you don't have the time or just don't feel like doing this it wouldn't be a big deal at all.
So, you mentioned that you're willing to deviate from the original sprites. Maybe the AR would look cooler if we were holding it like you do in Halo? Up a bit more, and to the side. That way we could see some of the side. It came to me when I was looking at one lying on the ground. You did an awesome job with those, and I was thinking it's a shame that most of the time we're only looking at the top.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:
Most of my suggestions for how to improve a game boil down to "It should be more like Halo."

Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

Game automatically quits for me whenever reloading with the AR.
General Tacticus
Cyborg

Are you using the new script? And is it just the AR that does it?

Does the error occur sometime in the middle of the reload, or the moment it starts playing? I had a few issues with resources not loading right, but I think it only happened with the 3d models and their textures.

Other then that, I have no idea what could cause it, as my brother and I thoroughly tested everything on every computer we could get our hands on.

Does anyone else have any ideas?
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

I just saw the screenshot on Simplici7y. I really like that the weapon on the ground has a shadow under it. To my knowledge, no one's bothered with that little touch before. It looks very natural.
craZboy557
Cyborg

Did you use a different model for the Zeus on the ground and in the hand?
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:

General Tacticus
Cyborg

Yes, the weapon in hand model wasn't made to be viewed from all angles, and the model that I made later worked pretty well as an Item, although it is rather inconsistent.
craZboy557
Cyborg

That's what I thought, could you maybe post a pic of the on the ground model from the angle you would see it in your hand? It's a 3D model, right? So you can just rotate it? I suspect it would look better than the current one.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:

craZboy557
Cyborg

...Are you still there?
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:

General Tacticus
Cyborg

Yes, still here.

I have been distacted as of late by the end of school year finals and such, this project is kinda on hold for now.
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

General Tacticus wrote:Are you using the new script? And is it just the AR that does it?
I'm really sorry about that. I tried to delete that post right after posting, but I guess I didn't do it right.
The problem I was having seems to have been caused by a conflicting plugin.
Zetren
Born on Board

This doesn't seem to work in Marathon 1.3a1 and 1.2.1, returning the error:

"Assertion failed!

Program: C:\Games\Marathon (1.3a1)\Marathon.exe
File: shapes.cpp
Line: 1635

Expression: bitmap

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)"
Last edited by Zetren on Mar 8th '16, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

Zetren wrote:This doesn't seem to work in M1A1 1.3a1 and 1.2.1
Considering the dates of all the other comments, I think it's safe to assume this thread's pretty much dead. No offence intended, but I doubt you'll get a response from the op.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
Zetren
Born on Board

3371-Alpha wrote:
Zetren wrote:This doesn't seem to work in M1A1 1.3a1 and 1.2.1
Considering the dates of all the other comments, I think it's safe to assume this thread's pretty much dead. No offence intended, but I doubt you'll get a response from the op.
Indeed, twas merely for posterity.