AlephOne and hearing doors.

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Shocktart
Cyborg

Did AlephOne always have a problem with hearing doors moving?
I actuate a door and I hear the activation, but I can't hear the door moving unless I'm on the platform.

I really want to claim I didn't have this issue playing the Marathon Trilogy but that was years ago, the final door in "If I Had A Rocket Launcher, I'd Make Someone Pay" sticks out in my mind as a door I could hear while desperately waiting for it open.

The reason I want to know is because I have this door that's supposed to be dramatic in its opening but its completely silent.
Sharkie Lino

They are all like this.

Just put a sound on the platform polygon itself. Any sound you use will make the platform sound regardless. just be sure to select Is On Platform (I think it is still worded like that today), and put volume to 100.

If the platform is very large (such as the doors on the level you mentioned) Place a sound near each side of the platform, instead of in the middle. That way the sound is evenly heard.
Shocktart
Cyborg

Sharkie Lino wrote:They are all like this.

Just put a sound on the platform polygon itself. Any sound you use will make the platform sound regardless. just be sure to select Is On Platform (I think it is still worded like that today), and put volume to 100.

If the platform is very large (such as the doors on the level you mentioned) Place a sound near each side of the platform, instead of in the middle. That way the sound is evenly heard.
It worked, thanks.

You wouldn't know how to fix an idle SMG sprite would you?
Sharkie Lino

No sir.

I never dealt with weapon modifications.