So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all of you...

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
DeChief
Born on Board

I'm looking for a few things.

A few years ago, I was bitten by the Marathon bug; and when I say bitten I mean like hardcore infected. I somehow managed to fall in love with a series of games created well before my time. Well, I say somehow, but I know precisely all of the reasons why: the sci-fi setting, the beautifully crafted story, the frog blasting of vent cores, and of course the incredibly addictive carnage to be found online.

This started me on a journey through time and space to collect physical copies of every Bungie game Marathon and before. What's that you say? There's Aleph One? Yes, well, I'm an idiot with a certain affinity for the real deal. I had been previously using that website to chronicle my collection, but I can no longer sign in to my old account for unknown reasons. Because of this it's not quite up to date and is missing a fair few things.

Right, so the favour: I need all of your collective help to assist me in tracking down the last items I need to complete my collection. I don't know why I didn't post here sooner, I've known about these pfhorums for a while but I guess I've been too busy on my home forum of The Flood over on bungie.net (now known as #OffTopic, I hate you DeeJ).

Here is a complete and detailed list of everything I have yet to acquire. Prepare yourself, it's quite lengthy.

- Pathways into Darkness (1st Release) for Macintosh - Now what I mean by first release is the pre-PowerPC version of the game. The way to tell the difference between the PowerPC release is that it's missing the red face in the bushes down the bottom right corner of the front of the box, as seen here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ox_art.png. I am looking for this game complete-in-box, meaning that it comes with all of the floppy disks, manual, and box. So just to be clear, I'm looking for the version WITH the red face.

- Operation: Desert Storm - I'd really like a complete-in-box copy of this game in fair condition (eg. not many tears in the cardboard, not too discoloured, etc), but I'm also interested if you've got just the floppies/manual/box and nothing else.

- Marathon 1 for Macintosh, CD version - I'm looking for this one sealed in the original plastic shrink-wrap and in fair condition. It has to be sealed, not interested in a complete-in-box opened copy.

- Marathon 2: Durandal for Macintosh - I'm looking for this game sealed in the original plastic shrink-wrap and in fair condition as well. If there are some holes in the shrink-wrap that aren't too noticeable, that's okay. This one has to be sealed too, I'm not interested in a complete-in-box copy.

- Marathon 2: Durandal for Macintosh, JAPANESE VERSION - I'm looking for this game sealed in the original plastic shrink-wrap, but I guess complete-in-box would be okay too. Picture (disregard the player's guide, I've already got one): http://www.attainj.co.jp/company/images ... al-set.jpg

- Marathon 2: Durandal for Macintosh, GERMAN VERSION - I'm looking for this game sealed in the original plastic shrink-wrap. I'm hopefully about to get my hands on a complete-in-box one, but I'd really like it sealed. Picture (this is actually the exact copy I'm hoping to soon receive; the owner seems to be okay with parting with it): http://www.x-fish.org/blog_picture/111231_02.jpg

- Marathon keychain - I don't care about the condition of this at all, I'd just really like one. Consider this a bonus goal for the collection since I can fairly easily recreate my own (which I may actually end up doing, more on that at a later date. I may or may not have been given direct access, by Blayne Scott, to http://maramerch.bungie.org/).

If anyone here or anyone that anyone here knows has something listed above, please PM me. Also, if you have any questions or need anything clarified then don't hesitate to ask away. I would really appreciate any and all help.
Last edited by DeChief on Apr 16th '16, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

That isn't that lengthy.
DeChief
Born on Board

philtron wrote:That isn't that lengthy.
More lengthy than some may be willing to read.
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

I would have suggested you to check out macintosh garden as they they even have the Marathon beta, but since you want the physical copy all I can suggest is to check out eBay or Amazon and hope the products are in good condition.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
DeChief
Born on Board

3371-Alpha wrote:I would have suggested you to check out macintosh garden as they they even have the Marathon beta, but since you want the physical copy all I can suggest is to check out eBay or Amazon and hope the products are in good condition.
Way ahead of you, I check all possible online stores daily (all of the various country-specific eBays and Amazons, Yahoo Auctions, Surugaya, Rakuten, Rakuten Auctions, Alibaba, etc). These last few things are proving much more difficult to find, so I'm reaching out to as many individuals as I can.
irons
Vidmaster

The guys at esb are more likely to be able to help. There are more old-timers on that forum.
DeChief
Born on Board

irons wrote:The guys at esb are more likely to be able to help. There are more old-timers on that forum.
Just made a post over there, thanks for the tip.
DeChief
Born on Board

Bumpedy bump bump.
NobilityV3
Born on Board

You have Oni stuff but nothing from Myth?

Off-topic but is it possible for a hi-res scan of the Marathon 1 triangle box? I can't find any online.
DeChief
Born on Board

NobilityV3 wrote:You have Oni stuff but nothing from Myth?

Off-topic but is it possible for a hi-res scan of the Marathon 1 triangle box? I can't find any online.
RTS games aren't my thing, but TPS shooters are.

My M1 box isn't in the best shape, but I guess I could try scanning it for you.
NobilityV3
Born on Board

DeChief wrote:
NobilityV3 wrote:You have Oni stuff but nothing from Myth?

RTS games aren't my thing, but TPS shooters are.

My M1 box isn't in the best shape, but I guess I could try scanning it for you.
It isn't an RTS. It's an RTT, real-time tactics.

And thanks! The back cover too if you don't mind.
NobilityV3
Born on Board

or not
DeChief
Born on Board

NobilityV3 wrote:or not
Sorry dude, I've been busy having a life for once. I'll be sure to get right on it when I come back from Manila in a week.
NobilityV3
Born on Board

Ok