Old fan, new pfhorum!

Introduce yourself here!
Zero_G
Spazeroid

Hi all,
I've been playing Marathon for 22 years! Still not finished - just kidding.
Love it. Glad to see it alive and kicking, so well supported with so many new scenarios.
Fantastic.
Bye!
Frogblast the Vent Core!
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Greetings, fellow earthling! [MUp]
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

I get the feeling that maybe you're being sarcastic, since there are zero new scenarios, but welcome anyway.

There's plenty of old scenarios that people recommend (I think there's a list of them somewhere on these forums) the newest one being most likely Marathon Phoenix.

Bye!(?)
Zero_G
Spazeroid

Greetings!
New? I mean newer! Eternal, Rubicon, Phoenix (and the others) - all came as a sweet surprise to me. Now this is sad: I still loop the entire lot! Fun Fun... One of these days I'll unearth my antique PowerMac and get Anvil, Pfhorge etc. up. Dream on.
[a1logo] [tux] [apple] [windoze]
"Frogblast the Vent Core!"
Frogblast the Vent Core!
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

Zero_G wrote:One of these days I'll unearth my antique PowerMac
Way ahead of you, checkout my signature.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

Welcome aboard.
Pfhor to the right, coffee to the left, both equally lethal.

I'm relatively new here, but as I read it, much of the action is in multiplayer PvP (well, it's kinda hard to have single player PvP) net maps. Most posted on Simplici7y. But I've never gotten into that, I'm a single player type who, and this may be rare, plays the same things over and over and over again.... and, with one of the Survival plugins from Simplici7y, you can fight the net maps.

Use the search function to find out lots o stuff; how to do stuff; how to fix stuff; why stuff doesn't work; and there's something somewhere about Treellama being dangerous (in PvP), but offhand I can't find it.

The story forum next door is also a good place though there are no current posts; that is rare.

It's basically an artist's colony.
philtron wrote: since there are zero new scenarios, but welcome anyway.
This person is currently writing one about the situation planetside concurrent with Marathon I; you can find out about it here. It's good; there are some good story ideas too.

The problem is that the work here doesn't pay the rent, feed the kids, or buy ice cream. mmmmmm. So the artists have to take time to do that which slows things down.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
Zero_G
Spazeroid

G5 :-) Very nice. Mine? It's an antique from 1997 - 7300/166 with a 166 MHz PowerPC 604e processor, 16 MB of RAM, a 2.0 GB hard drive, and a 12X CD-ROM. It has PCI expansion bus with a USB card. With a hack you could run System 9 on it. I found this in a second hand shop behind the university. When I came out with it, I'd been clamped! So £60 + parking fine still makes a good deal in 2006 for a piece of Apple history. I'm proud of it!
Frogblast the Vent Core!
Zero_G
Spazeroid

HelviusRufus wrote:with one of the Survival plugins from Simplici7y, you can fight the net maps.
Heyyy - So that's what it (survival) does. Thanks! Time to die try!!
Frogblast the Vent Core!
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

Zero_G wrote:G5 :-) Very nice.
Yep and I still use it as my primary computer.
Zero_G wrote:Mine? It's an antique from 1997 - 7300/166 with a 166 MHz PowerPC 604e processor, 16 MB of RAM, a 2.0 GB hard drive, and a 12X CD-ROM. It has PCI expansion bus with a USB card. With a hack you could run System 9 on it.
If your model uses Open Firmware, you may even be able to run OS X on it with a proper processor upgrade (G3 or G4/e upgrade chip).
Zero_G wrote:I found this in a second hand shop behind the university. When I came out with it, I'd been clamped! So £60 + parking fine still makes a good deal in 2006 for a piece of Apple history. I'm proud of it!
Similarly, I got mine used as well. You can read my introduction here.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
General Tacticus
Cyborg

Always nice to see a new face!
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

seven