Compiling Weland 1.4.3 on Linux

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

It's been a while since I last used Weland (and anything 'thon related as a matter of fact) and decided to check out Weland for a bit of a nostalgia.

Got stuck on trying to figure out how to actually compile it. After I've installed gtk2-sharp and mono "make" spits out the following:

Code: Select all

mcs @weland.rsp
mcs @weland.rsp
make -C Plugins
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/johannesg/weland/Plugins'
mcs -r:../Weland.exe -target:library EnumerateTags.cs
mcs -r:../Weland.exe -target:library Shade.cs
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/johannesg/weland/Plugins'
And I do notice that it spits out a Weland.exe file. But no Linux executable it seems. Is there something I am missing?

(Running Ubuntu Gnome 16.04)
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I don't see an error in that output, so it probably worked. Did you try running 'mono Weland.exe'?
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

oh... yes, that works! I just thought it was a windows executable but apparently it works fine under Linux. Double clicking it makes it run through Wine though which doesn't seem to work. 'mono Weland.exe" and "./Weland.exe" runs it flawlessly.

Thank you
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

All you need is the Mono Framework to use Weland, at least from my understanding.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
treellama
Vidmaster

JohannesG wrote:oh... yes, that works! I just thought it was a windows executable but apparently it works fine under Linux. Double clicking it makes it run through Wine though which doesn't seem to work. 'mono Weland.exe" and "./Weland.exe" runs it flawlessly.

Thank you
You have to use binfmt to do that second thing. Ubuntu must come configured that way. Scary!
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

3371-Alpha wrote:All you need is the Mono Framework to use Weland, at least from my understanding.
Mono framework and gtk-sharp2 on Linux to be more precise.
treellama wrote: You have to use binfmt to do that second thing. Ubuntu must come configured that way. Scary!
Oh wow, feels like a bit of an overkill to play around with modprobe, rc.local and fstab just for that. Thanks for the heads up!