Does anyone remember this?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
goran
Vidmaster

ok its actually

but you know what I mean.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Well, the map is done. What do you want me to do about the shapes file? I can't find the patching program; apparently Fileball is down and I don't know what the shuttle program is called.
goran
Vidmaster

you can .sit the shapes file and send it to me.

I'll make the final version shapes with fences included. Driz sent me the fences today.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Well, I found the shapes juggler (thanks to irons), so I'll send one of those tonight.
goran
Vidmaster

I've completed enhanced intelligence today. (751 polygons)

When I have ryoko's map and shapes, I'll put together beta3.

This is how we're doing right now:

All 8 maps are done.
The problems with beta2 have been fixed.
We need terminals for ryoko's level, and some updates for the terminals on previous levels.
terminal art is not done
the intro chapter screen is not done

I'll take care of terminal art and intro chapter screen tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinetic Turtle, if you have sound patches, send them to my mail. I think they're way better than the normal windsounds.
Last edited by goran on Jan 1st '07, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
goran
Vidmaster

I fixed the terminal art and chapter screen.

As soon as the terminals are fixed - we should have a pretty solid beta.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Terminals should all be handled tomorrow morning. Hold on while I do one last run-through of the level, and I'll send everything off. It seems to be good to go, but I made some changes and want another handle on them.

Update: Brave New World is completed and sent off to you, goran. I'll do another beta-testing run and do terminals as soon as I can.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 2nd '07, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
goran
Vidmaster

I can't open .bin files (at least not this one)

.sit files works much better for me.
Last edited by goran on Jan 2nd '07, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

I suppose i can do the terminal artwork...

Edit: I didnt read this page, so never mind.
Last edited by Drictelt on Jan 2nd '07, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

.sit may work for you, but not for me. I can't find any stuffing programs for OS7. .bin might not like the folder; the only reason I'm compressing it (it's really not that big) is because I don't want it to get screwed up when I send it ti Windows. Since .bin worked the first time, I'm going to try .binning everything individually.
goran
Vidmaster

It worked! The scenario is complete except for some terminal text.

Good level ryoko. I dropped down to easy to have quick run through, but I gotta say, it was quite hard even on easy. If ppl want a challenging last level, no one will be dissapointed.

Ryoko, do you want to have your beta zipped? (otherwise you'll get a .sit like everybody else)
goran
Vidmaster

shadowbreaker
dcbob
sinjid
drictelt
ryoko

you should all have beta 3 in your inboxes by now. This is almost almost almost the final version.
(it's possible the 7th level has wrong lvl tag at the exit terminal, if you have the hex editor, check this, and if it's wrong, change it to 07)
Last edited by goran on Jan 2nd '07, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Bobwithkeycard
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:I can't find any stuffing programs for OS7.
Ok, here you go...Time to pay you back for all the support you gave me :P ( see signature ). It's a hard disk image intended for MacEmu beginners and contains amongst other things ( such as gems like 'Simple Text' ) StuffitExpander v5.5.
Last edited by Bobwithkeycard on Jan 2nd '07, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain
Bobwithkeycard
Mjolnir Mark IV

yeah, well that's half of it...and that's sometimes a whole lot ( like half of a million bucks.. ). I could be arsed to put a sit up with dropstuff 4.0, if I am going to be asked for it [spnkr]
Last edited by Bobwithkeycard on Jan 2nd '07, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Good level ryoko. I dropped down to easy to have quick run through, but I gotta say, it was quite hard even on easy. If ppl want a challenging last level, no one will be dissapointed.
That was the idea. :P Icecave is definitely lacking in hard levels.
Ryoko, do you want to have your beta zipped? (otherwise you'll get a .sit like everybody else)
You've sent the file already, but yes, sit is fine for expansion.
Ok, here you go...Time to pay you back for all the support you gave me :P ( see signature ).
I do what I can. But I have Expander already, I just need the Dropstuff part of it. :P
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 3rd '07, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
Bobwithkeycard
Mjolnir Mark IV

then take this. A ninetytwo kilobyte beauty from nineteenninety6...
Last edited by Bobwithkeycard on Jan 2nd '07, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Goran, little remark, im called Nuyts, not Nyuts :)
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Okay, another round of beta-testing notes. I'm playing on Easy this time, just to speed things up (since there's only one level I haven't played yet).

Vampire Coffin
-What's with the gray fighters? Are they minor projectile fighters?
-The teleport in the caves is nicely done.

McFortress
-Nitpick: the AR ammo being at the start here doesn't make sense, since two seconds ago it wasn't there (at the end of Vampire Coffin). Move it someplace else, perhaps?
-Out-of-place snow texture on the south wall of poly 545.
-While I do appreciate the SPNKR, what is it for? Nothing on the level really warrants its use.

Crudelitas Quaerendi
-Initial fusion and 2x are much appreciated. However, in the sake of convenience, could the 2x be placed in the room with polygon 40? That way the player doesn't have to ride two slow lifts to get up to it.
-The door/lift at poly 526 is a little too hidden for a door that you have to pass through. Yes, I know it's on the automap, but that's still vague.
-The ceiling at poly 481 is improperly lit.

Welcome to the Corp
-The drones in room 369 don't activate.

Enchanced Intelligence
-I still am baffled by this name.
-What makes these gray Troopers different?
-The herd of Compilers in room 631 seems unnatural.
-The switch at 438 doesn't work, and I never found the switch to enable it.
-The switch at 456 is a good ambush, but you can toggle it through the window, negating the ambush.

My Cat Can Fly
-Note to self: change terminal by poly 318.
-Bouncy glitch error caused by both pillars on the south side of poly 354.
-It's still impossible to get out of the water at 850 if you didn't put the chip in the slot; if you missed the chip, you're screwed.
-It is a long walk back to the start of the level after you put the chip in. Can't you put a teleport somewhere?
-The door to the right of 415 still closes; you can only enter it once. It should stay open.

20000 Sporks
-You can get stuck in the pits at the beginning of the level.
-Some of the sides of the opening ledge are improperly textured.
-You can shoot the switch through the windows in the room containing poly 515, negating the fight below.
-I realize I'm playing on Easy, but this level is still too easy for being the second to last level.
-You can toggle the switch on the right side of poly 47 through said platform on the left side, negating several fights.
-Several doors have "Once Only" but not "Can't Deactivate Externally" flagged, making it quite possible to get stuck.

Important: 20000 Sporks doesn't take you to Brave New World. For the other betatesters, if you want to play Brave New World, you'll have to use the Vidmaster's Cheat. That's okay, though; there's plenty of ammo on Brave New World.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Also, goran: is there room in Xmas for just one more map? I'm now in the mapping mood, so to speak, and I think I could kick out another map before the 10th. And tell me what you want terminals on 20000 Sporks to be about.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 2nd '07, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Coffin
term 1, page 1: ...facility.1
The one seems wrong.
General
I dunno how come but all ammo seems to sink a little bit into the ground in this project...

Now ill look to crudelitas's bugs. (btw, ryoko, if you still feel like mapping after xmas release, and your not prejudicing eternal (?) to be bad, i dont think a mapper would be useless...)
Drictelt
Vidmaster

-Initial fusion and 2x are much appreciated. However, in the sake of convenience, could the 2x be placed in the room with polygon 40? That way the player doesn't have to ride two slow lifts to get up to it.
...you can just walk straight to it too. Its just in another of the four rooms at the rectangle
-The door/lift at poly 526 is a little too hidden for a door that you have to pass through. Yes, I know it's on the automap, but that's still vague.
Might be true, but it would somewhat screw up the room if i changed anything on it. Or do you just mean i have to put a door texture on it?
-The ceiling at poly 481 is improperly lit.
Fixed.
goran
Vidmaster

Drictelt wrote:General
I dunno how come but all ammo seems to sink a little bit into the ground in this project...
I don't understand what you mean, can you explain that again?
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

...you can just walk straight to it too. Its just in another of the four rooms at the rectangle
I missed that.
Might be true, but it would somewhat screw up the room if i changed anything on it. Or do you just mean i have to put a door texture on it?
Something like that. As it is, it looks like a wall, and I only saw it when peeking on the automap.
(btw, ryoko, if you still feel like mapping after xmas release, and your not prejudicing eternal (?) to be bad, i dont think a mapper would be useless...)
I've got my own projects to tend to, and I refuse to map for Forrest anyway.
goran
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote:Also, goran: is there room in Xmas for just one more map? I'm now in the mapping mood, so to speak, and I think I could kick out another map before the 10th. And tell me what you want terminals on 20000 Sporks to be about.
I think there's room. What kind of level do you have in mind?

Now onto something of importance. In 1-2 days I'll leave my mac. I need to put someone else in responsibility of merging, and converting the map to an unimap if this project is going to make the deadline. My decision is to leave this special task to someone on the team. (preferable ryoko, since he got experience)
goran
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote:Vampire Coffin
-What's with the gray fighters? Are they minor projectile fighters? These will be red.

McFortress
-Nitpick: the AR ammo being at the start here doesn't make sense, since two seconds ago it wasn't there (at the end of Vampire Coffin). Move it someplace else, perhaps?teleport in

-Out-of-place snow texture on the south wall of poly 545.
-While I do appreciate the SPNKR, what is it for? Nothing on the level really warrants its use.

Crudelitas Quaerendi
-Initial fusion and 2x are much appreciated. However, in the sake of convenience, could the 2x be placed in the room with polygon 40? That way the player doesn't have to ride two slow lifts to get up to it.I agree

Welcome to the Corp
-The drones in room 369 don't activate.I'll make them activate

Enchanced Intelligence
-I still am baffled by this name. I forgot to fix it
-What makes these gray Troopers different? Their agressivness, speed, and health are slightly boosted, they do not berzerk

-The switch at 438 doesn't work, and I never found the switch to enable it.No, it doesn't work
-The switch at 456 is a good ambush, but you can toggle it through the window, negating the ambush.God bless light on trigger, Ill fix it

My Cat Can Fly
-Bouncy glitch error caused by both pillars on the south side of poly 354.
-It's still impossible to get out of the water at 850 if you didn't put the chip in the slot; if you missed the chip, you're screwed.
-It is a long walk back to the start of the level after you put the chip in. Can't you put a teleport somewhere?
-The door to the right of 415 still closes; you can only enter it once. It should stay open. shadow?

20000 Sporks
-You can get stuck in the pits at the beginning of the level.I put teleporters there
-Some of the sides of the opening ledge are improperly textured.I will look into it
-You can shoot the switch through the windows in the room containing poly 515, negating the fight below.I'll make the window to the switch solidtransparent

-I realize I'm playing on Easy, but this level is still too easy for being the second to last level.
-You can toggle the switch on the right side of poly 47 through said platform on the left side, negating several fights.
-Several doors have "Once Only" but not "Can't Deactivate Externally" flagged, making it quite possible to get stuck.
I'll fix those, and redo some monsters areas

Important: 20000 Sporks doesn't take you to Brave New World.I know, my mistake. I'll fix it. If you're a betattester, it's possible to fix with hex.