Official Unofficialmaps

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Hey, I know how much you all love netmaps, so I made some just for you! Well, I mostly made them to try out crazy crap with lua and shapes. Anyway, you can download them from simplici7y.

Unofficial Zoomap
Pretty self-explanatory.
UnofficialZoomap.png
Unofficial Takecovermap
You're on a planet with extremely frequent meteor activity. Getting caught outside while meteorites strike the planet is extremely dangerous. Luckily the nearby facility monitors the skies very well, and sirens are in place to warn you about any incoming meteors.
UnofficialTakecovermap.png
Unofficial Spookymap
You're on a spaceship near Earth that has lost control, and is now spinning wildly in space. Thinking that things can't possibly get worse, you start to get the impression that you're not alone on this ship...
UnofficialSpookymap.png
Zott
Vidmaster

The penguins and fish were fun, albeit un-interactive. Same for the ghosts. I think they should be a bit more aggressive in their haunting.

Didn't have a chance to try it in multiplayer, but looks like a good time.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

It's a good thing that the ghosts aren't aggressive. They're effective in faking out the player (it fooled me) without being overbearing.

These are really good maps and are an effective way of embedding Lua in novel ways that don't get in the way of the gameplay. Takecovermap is my favorite of the lot.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

I liked the Takecovermap best. It's an interesting and fun idea.
I played it with Survival script and the Pfhor just dint seem to get the idea of the alarm. Heh, heh. Boom! Crackle.
I always take a rocket launcher when I go to the zoo. Never know when a chupacabra might escape; though I'd really prefer a shotglass with a grenadine launcher.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

In Zoomap with the Survival script, after a while the penguins are all over the place . They are harmless but if'n you kill one it is a trooper in disguise. Actually, a trooper that moves that fast would be really dangerous. The goldfish become Juggs and they have full Jugg weaponry. When you kill one, it explodes but just remains a goldfish and sinks to the ground. I'm using the Trinity sounds, shapes, and physics. The Trinity combat sounds work well on this level. It's a fun level and, I guess, that's the whole point.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

HelviusRufus wrote:The goldfish become Juggs and they have full Jugg weaponry. When you kill one, it explodes but just remains a goldfish and sinks to the ground.
Sounds like everything is working perfectly.