Hi, I'm aperturegrillz

Introduce yourself here!
aperturegrillz
Spazeroid

I've been a Marathon fan since 1998 or so, but never bothered to register for this particular pfhorum.

I got back into the series in 2015 when I started speedrunning M1, going off Fennecey's runs. A bit more recently I started collaborating a lot with TBCR and learned to run the other two games, and now I have the fastest time in M2 on Kindergarten and Infinity on both Kindergarten and Total Carnage. TBCR and I also routed and ran M2 and Infinity on co-op, which was fun. You can find some videos for that on his youtube. More recently still, I added individual level leaderboards to the speedrun.com pages for the games and there's been some activity there. Oh yeah, and I routed and speedran Pathways Into Darkness just for kicks. I have the "record" but only because nobody else has bothered to try.

I'll be showing off Infinity on Total Carnage at Summer Games Done Quick later this year, which I'm pretty excited for. Should be the largest audience the game has had in decades.

That's about it!
Marathon Trilogy speedruns
Marathon: Kindergarten 26:13 (1st) Total Carnage 1:20:52 (1st)
Durandal: Kindergarten 31:38 (1st) Total Carnage 1:04:17 (1st)
Infinity any%: Kindergarten 15:19 (1st) Total Carnage 19:23 (1st)
Infinity all main levels: Kindergarten 22:55 (1st) Total Carnage 29:10 (1st)
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

Welcome aperturegrillz.com. It's always good to see someone new here. I like how speedrunning has become a new avenue of interest for the Marathon games for a few people; it's interesting all the different ways people can become interested in a game, especially one as old as this series.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

I like to watch the speedrun videos, especially the ones that contain grace and, above all, style.

One o my favorite Infinity spots is in the beginning of Rise Robot Rise: running out o the powerup/terminal room, firing the alien weapon at the switch and having the door open when you get there. Plus you get to watch the fireball flow to the switch.

I could even see doing a speedrun with the Natures Peace plugin so you're against just the infrastructure of the level.
The only thing I object to is skipping levels.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
TBCR
Mjolnir Mark IV

HelviusRufus wrote: One o my favorite Infinity spots is in the beginning of Rise Robot Rise: running out o the powerup/terminal room, firing the alien weapon at the switch and having the door open when you get there. Plus you get to watch the fireball flow to the switch.
That shot is a bit tricky sometimes to get right, i usually get it half the time. aperture tends to get it more than me.
The only thing I object to is skipping levels.
well, to be fair, any% does mean to complete the game as quick as possible. There is a category called All Main Levels (and it's insane, at least for infinity, All Main Terms deviant), that tackles all of the success time line terminals.
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:44 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - PB
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 13:22 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB
Twitch