Sankara

Introduce yourself here!
Sankara
Born on Board

I've been around for a while, but I've never posted. I think I actually wrote here once in 2008 or so asking for help doing something hacky with anvil, but I've always been a lurker.

I really like mapping, but I've never uploaded anything. I thought my shit was alright too until I saw the quality of what Windbreaker and RyokoTK put out. But I might find some of the better stuff and put it on Simplici7y sometime. I still keep an old OS9 running just to use my old tools, but nowadays good maps are made with the new stuff so I'm getting used to switching between Weland and VisualMode.lua.

I usually just play this game with my brother, but I'll get back into playing netgames again some time when I've got less shit to do. I'm not sure what I'll post here either. I'm working on a project right now that I don't really plan on releasing because it's basically just a gimmick for my brother and me (it's a remake of a Warcraft 3 level in the Aleph One engine), and for it I'm finally getting started with learning to program a little. If I get stuck with something I'd like to think it's cool to ask around here for tips.

Besides that I'd love to put out some quality netmaps some time. Maybe you hear that a lot. Maybe I'll get burnt out with my current project and lurk another 10 years. Either way I hope this community still's breathing by then.
Zott
Vidmaster

Welcome.

Release the gimmicks!
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

Welcome, lurker, please explode against this pfhorum's power suit so we may all be covered in your gimmicks.

Seriously, though, an interesting gimmick is still interesting. And let's be honest, this forum is so dead that posting a project is practically the same as not posting at all, so you might as well. Quality is subjective, so don't let that stop you.
Sankara
Born on Board

Alright, I just might release it then if you guys want to try it out. If you guys have ever played Blizzard's "WarChasers" scenario on WC3: Reign of Chaos then you might get a kick out of it. It's a pretty standard dungeon-crawler sort of level with a simple layout that Marathon could handle. My brother and I have been playing it lately so I thought I'd switch things up.

Right now I'm trying to get my hands on some of the Warcraft 3 assets just to experiment with using the original tileset to texture the level, but besides that it's just going to be Marathon enemies and Marathon weapons. Nothing too fancy. I'll probably be done with it in a few months. If I don't feel ambitious I could leave out some of the complex mechanics for which I'd need to learn some .lua magic, but for anyone familiar with the original level you know there's some shit (like the spawn towers) that can't be recreated using just the vanilla tools.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be around.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

Looks like you found a home.
And I agree with you, Yuge is fun to play.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.