Mararthon: Yuge / YugePax

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wrkncacnter wrote:That looks pretty good, but you got rid of the area around the circle and made it transparent, which really does not fit my art style. It's a good unofficial version though.
I don't know, this icon looks pretty sweet on my desktop next to all the others:

Either way, I think an update of Yuge with an included Alpha One icon is appropriate (mainly to bump that shit back to the top yo :V )
officialunofficialalphayugeicon.png
officialunofficialalphayugeicon.png (33.45 KiB) Viewed 40734 times
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wrkncacnter wrote:That looks pretty good, but you got rid of the area around the circle and made it transparent, which really does not fit my art style. It's a good unofficial version though.
That too can be fixed ofc:

Personally I prefer the blue background because of the colo(u)r contrast and because this is the default background key colo(u)r in the Mararthon shapes file.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Windbreaker wrote:this icon looks pretty sweet
Exactly, that's the problem. It doesn't fit my art style. The blue background one looks ok, although it makes it seem less like a mistake/laziness.
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

This was the first time I've played Yuge and it was pretty fun. Kind of makes me wish I had made some yugeparts as well.

Haven't found any puzzle rooms yet, though.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

So honest question here not meant to be snarky. I have severely limited time these days. You guys probably know my character pretty well by now. Would I enjoy this scenario? (Congrats in any case on producing something in this day and age, and on what sounds like some interesting kind of novel tech that enabled it).
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Gameplay wise, it's just killing tons of monsters. I hope everyone would enjoy it to some extent. Plot wise, I really don't know whether you'd like it or not. You've been around long enough that you'd at least understand some of the jokes, no idea if you'd appreciate the humor though.
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Jul 18th '17, 05:20, edited 1 time in total.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I'm gonna guess it's not really up your alley, personally.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

unfamiliar.png
Sharkie Lino

Well I guess I'll make a serious post here!

I've been playing it some for a few days now, when I have time and am not preoccupied with the future move.

I like it. Yeah, coming from the hardcore purist, :P I like it. Physics are normal with the more commonly used weapons (unsure if it stays that way for the whole game yet), so I'm not complaining there, haha.

I've been around here since 2007 so I tend to get many (not all) of the references in the terminals and such, which is definitely quite the funny read. Some of the custom items and such in there? Wow...... that's all I'll say since I don't want to spoil anything.

As W'rk said, it's mostly just action/combat which honestly I am okay with.

So..... guess you could say I am impressed and am enjoying it!

Since I started to like COLORSPEACK when I was hosting more, maybe that's not all that surprising.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Thanks for the feedback, Sharkie. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I wasn't sure you'd even try it to be honest :P
Sharkie Lino

Wrkncacnter wrote:I wasn't sure you'd even try it to be honest :P
Nah I was more than willing to. I may have said in the meta that I was gonna, but I can't fully remember. A lot of the generated net maps (and that's not even playing a quarter of them) turned out quite well, so I had also kept that in mind.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

Sharkie Lino wrote:A lot of the generated net maps (and that's not even playing a quarter of them) turned out quite well
Wait, so you mean to tell me you haven't even played 2500 maps from YugePax yet? Dude wtf.
Sharkie Lino

Windbreaker wrote:
Sharkie Lino wrote:A lot of the generated net maps (and that's not even playing a quarter of them) turned out quite well
Wait, so you mean to tell me you haven't even played 2500 maps from YugePax yet? Dude wtf.

Priorities man! Haha :lol:
Sankara
Born on Board

This came out real good in the end. I'm having a blast playing it.

Hit me up when you're making an update, W'rk. I kind of liked making yugeparts.
TrajansRow
Born on Board

PSA: If you are having an issue where Aleph One (Release) exits immediately following launch with an OpenGL initialization error after installing a new scenario, like Yuge, try changing your display scale to "default for display". Took me a half hour trying to figure this out, because the main scenarios worked fine.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

For anyone looking for more gameplay, I just uploaded 2048 more maps. Yuge Bigly Bonus Maps.

They have modified parameters, so check the description to see if it sounds interesting to you.

@Sankara: I probably won't be doing any updates any time real soon, but if/when I do, it'll probably be in the form of these bonus maps that have no plot. If you start making a bunch of Yugeparts now, it would probably convince me to do it though. :P

No idea when I'd get around to compiling something new though.

By the way, if anyone is wondering how one goes about testing 2048 maps, my strategy was to not test it at all. Good luck, everyone!
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

Wrkncacnter wrote:I think the key is to have a project leader that's very clearly actively working on the project. No one will want to contribute to a project if they think they're the only ones doing any work. The fact that I idle in pretty much every mararthon related channel helps a bit when trying to organize things between a bunch of people.
Another factor is probably the deadines. I have found that deadlines increase productivity.

By the way, I really like playing Marathon: Yuge.
You said that it could be played on Infinity but a fresh AlephOne is better. soooo....
The Infinity map can be played on Yuge too. I like the chandeliers in Where are monsters in dreams.
Attachments
Wherearemonstersindreams_0002.png
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Yeah, that's definitely the way Infinity was meant to be played. If I ever were to replay Infinity, I'd use Yuge shapes for sure. I think I was too lazy to get the control panels to align exactly the same though. Hopefully it's close enough.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wrkncacnter wrote:Yeah, that's definitely the way Infinity was meant to be played.
wrong hud though
Adminn_1
Cyborg

I thought I’d share with everyone here that I recently finished uploading all parts of a recorded playthrough I did of Yuge’s campaign levels. Here is Part 1. There are 4 parts in all spanning about 6 hours.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SpC6tIz938Y

Playthrough videos of the bonus levels are coming soon. I’m currently on 38, the 8th bonus level. My plan for now is to do a recorded Yuge session for an hour in a day, usually in the evening, and then upload the result shortly after, probably no later than next day.
Please donate to NEFX today. https://ko-fi.com/adminn1nefx
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

Adminn_1 wrote:I thought I’d share with everyone here that I recently finished uploading all parts of a recorded playthrough I did of Yuge’s campaign levels. Here is Part 1. There are 4 parts in all spanning about 6 hours.
My favorite part of this is your reading of the dubblbubbl terminal:

https://youtu.be/PwpSBy5Rd-4?t=59m17s
treellama
Vidmaster

Am I going to have to play this scenario?

SPOILER QUESTION: is /prize in it?