Rester

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Rester

Post Nov 14th '17, 13:31

I've gotten trouble accepting my life in gaming. I can barely work on my point and click games for the 3DS so I will not even bother. I will neither make games for the PC because of it's selfish community of hate and trolling. So this scenario will be a Mac standalone.

Rester is a Marathon scenario that doesn't take place in the Marathon universe. I couldn't work on Marathon Green because I'm more comfortable working on my own universes. (Besides I'm used by it) The game will be solely built by me alone. It's gonna be simple looking and that's what I can do. Simplicity is what I do best. It's about Swedish space marines versus tribal but advanced aliens. These are the aliens and the style.
Xinos 1.png
Xinos (They might be changed during the development)

And that's all I can put in for now. Looking forward to my new life.
Screamernail

Post Nov 14th '17, 17:13

Screamernail wrote:trolling

Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want that, would we Screamernail?

Wrkncacnter

Post Nov 14th '17, 17:23

Wrkncacnter wrote:
Screamernail wrote:trolling

Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want that, would we Screamernail?

I'm just getting dramatic at points that's all.

So any link to where to download the old mono? I want to work sometime.
Screamernail

Post Nov 14th '17, 17:32

Honestly, who trolls a dead-for-a-decade forum?

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Nov 14th '17, 18:06

If you people think that Rester is a troll then I must say it isn't. This is the best I can draw and it's this I want to work with.
Screamernail

Post Nov 15th '17, 01:26

Screamernail wrote: It's about Swedish space marines versus tribal but advanced aliens.

So, sort of an adaptation of Mortinson's Aniara a la Blomdahl?

Screamernail wrote:If you people think that Rester is a troll then I must say it isn't.

The best reply to charges of trolling is a finished product.
To paraphrase Tuco, when you need to produce: produce, don't talk.

Another hint: story is the sine qua non of this community.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.

HelviusRufus

Post Nov 15th '17, 18:49

Thanks.

And if I don't get Weland to work, maybe I should just make Rester a slideshow. I've done those before and are really comfortable with it.
Screamernail

Post Nov 15th '17, 20:24

Screamernail wrote:I will neither make games for the PC because of it's selfish community of hate and trolling. So this scenario will be a Mac standalone.

Xinos%201.png

RadBurn

Post Nov 15th '17, 20:41

Very funny.

EDIT: I must say that even for my disliking of the PC community, I can't just hate on the computer itself. The scenario will still be a Mac exclusive (Because Macintosh needs something of their own) but perhaps in some weeks the thing can get a PC release. But for now it will be what I'm aiming it to be.
Screamernail

Post Nov 17th '17, 15:32

So I made some idle sprites of the Warrior. (One holding the gun) I've made a shapes and physics folder for it using ShapeFusion. I tested it, and it crashes the game. Possibly because when it get's activated.

Going to make it not activating now.
Screamernail

Return to Projects