And yet no one knows

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I'm surprised that the big guys here don't know anything about Marathon scenario making. If I where to work on Marathon Green's levels then I would need to know how the living-dead-asteroids the whole process of scenario making works like. Is it the manual, is it the same as what Atque spits out or is something wrong with Atque? Obed had it really easier to do this thanks to a built in terminal editor but it was (as people said) really limited.

Maybe it is the manual but I where too stupid to find out of merging works.

Maybe I should put Green into a hold and do Uno Prospero instead? It needs to be done sometime. But I request that someone who can could send an example file for those who has spunk to figure it out like me.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

All you need to know for now is how to use GIMP or something similar to produce a title screen for Marathon Green. After that, everything else will fall into place.
Spoiler:
At least, it did with Yuge.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

Is your question on how to assemble all the scenario files in a folder to make it work, or is it how to correctly merge terminal text files with Atque, or...? I can't figure out what you're asking.
RadBurn
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:If I where to work on Marathon Green's levels then I would need to know how the living-dead-asteroids the whole process of scenario making works like.
This sentence makes me think of the peculiar thought process of a character in a bizarre show I used to watch when I was much younger.
Garth-Marenghis-Darkplace.jpg
As far as the way Atque works I would suggest using it to first split apart the infinity scenario. That way you get to see how you should lay out your Green data when merging it.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

What? Is the manual not relevant anymore? And I get this same answer over and over again about splitting Marathon up and watch how it works.

I do believe I tried merging the split up file and it didn't work. Maybe it's Atque, or not. I basically don't get the answer I wanted to get because I talk like a fish.

Maybe I need to start with Prospero so it is not too late.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

should put Green into a built in terminal editor but I would need to figure it the manual but it the big guys here don't know anything about splitting Marathon Green's levels then I wanted to work on Marathon up file and it is the manual but it the big guys here don't get this thanks to know anything about splitting Marathon Green's levels then I where to a built in terminal editor but I where to work on Marathon Green's levels then I tried merging works.

about splitting Marathon Green's levels then I where to figure it really easier to be done sometime. But I where too stupid to figure it out of merging works. What? Is it works. talk like me.

Green into a built in terminal editor but it the whole process of scenario making. If I talk like me. done sometime. But I basically don't know how it didn't work. Maybe it's Atque, or not. I do Uno Prospero so it didn't work. Maybe it really limited. didn't work. Maybe I basically don't get the whole process of scenario making works like. Is the whole process of scenario making. If I wanted to figure it works.

living-dead-asteroids the manual not too late. whole process of merging works. it works. merging works. What? Is it didn't work. Maybe it works. do this thanks to be done sometime. But I where too stupid to do this thanks to know anything about Marathon up file for those who has spunk to find out like me.
RadBurn
Cyborg

psych.jpg
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Okay i see now that I'm a weirdo.
Adminn_1
Cyborg

Just play some Yuge or watch my Yuge playthrough videos, you’ll feel better.
Please donate to NEFX today. https://ko-fi.com/adminn1nefx
baudrillardboy
Born on Board

some common errors that confused me but were hard to spot were "terminal pics" vs. "terminal picts," including the terminal image folder in the individual map folder as opposed to in the scenario folder, etc. i'm not totally sure that's what you're asking about, but maybe check those things?
"its f***ed up how there are like 1000 christmas songs but only 1 song aboutr the boys being back in town" —@dril
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Can't anyone really just make a downloadable file with sceA files, terminal pictures and scripts? To show how it's supposed to look like?
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

If you use Atque to split open an existing map file (like the plain Infinity maps) you will get exactly that. I think I suggested that months ago and thought you said that still hadn't helped somehow...
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I think I did follow that advice and it didn't work. What? It worked for you?
Hathomirr
Born on Board

What exactly happened when you tried to split the map file? Did it give you an error? Also, this is probably irrelevant, but which map file were you splitting?
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Infinity's. It's not splitting that is my issue it's the merging. Is there something wrong with my Atque program? Do it require something to work?
Hathomirr
Born on Board

Same question then - What happens when you try merging the folder?
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

When merging the splitter infinity folder Atque crashes immediately. That's bad.