Rester

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've gotten trouble accepting my life in gaming. I can barely work on my point and click games for the 3DS so I will not even bother. I will neither make games for the PC because of it's selfish community of hate and trolling. So this scenario will be a Mac standalone.

Rester is a Marathon scenario that doesn't take place in the Marathon universe. I couldn't work on Marathon Green because I'm more comfortable working on my own universes. (Besides I'm used by it) The game will be solely built by me alone. It's gonna be simple looking and that's what I can do. Simplicity is what I do best. It's about Swedish space marines versus tribal but advanced aliens. These are the aliens and the style.
Xinos 1.png
Xinos (They might be changed during the development)

And that's all I can put in for now. Looking forward to my new life.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Screamernail wrote:trolling
Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want that, would we Screamernail?
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wrkncacnter wrote:
Screamernail wrote:trolling
Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want that, would we Screamernail?
I'm just getting dramatic at points that's all.

So any link to where to download the old mono? I want to work sometime.
treellama
Vidmaster

Honestly, who trolls a dead-for-a-decade forum?
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

If you people think that Rester is a troll then I must say it isn't. This is the best I can draw and it's this I want to work with.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote: It's about Swedish space marines versus tribal but advanced aliens.
So, sort of an adaptation of Mortinson's Aniara a la Blomdahl?
Screamernail wrote:If you people think that Rester is a troll then I must say it isn't.
The best reply to charges of trolling is a finished product.
To paraphrase Tuco, when you need to produce: produce, don't talk.

Another hint: story is the sine qua non of this community.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Thanks.

And if I don't get Weland to work, maybe I should just make Rester a slideshow. I've done those before and are really comfortable with it.
RadBurn
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:I will neither make games for the PC because of it's selfish community of hate and trolling. So this scenario will be a Mac standalone.
Xinos%201.png
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Very funny.

EDIT: I must say that even for my disliking of the PC community, I can't just hate on the computer itself. The scenario will still be a Mac exclusive (Because Macintosh needs something of their own) but perhaps in some weeks the thing can get a PC release. But for now it will be what I'm aiming it to be.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

So I made some idle sprites of the Warrior. (One holding the gun) I've made a shapes and physics folder for it using ShapeFusion. I tested it, and it crashes the game. Possibly because when it get's activated.

Going to make it not activating now.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I think I have other plans for this project.

EDIT: I have, with all my force, decided to make Rester a point and click game.

What I have planed is to go to Xcode and make a simple engine from spriteKit and use it to make the game. It's gonna be hard so first I'll need to prove my skills first with Unity.

Here's the new Xinos.
New Xinos1.png
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Any questions?
Flowers
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:Any questions?
Where do you draw your inspiration?
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Screamernail wrote:Any questions?
Can you teach me to draw like you?

Also, people have been wondering: why is the alien on the left holding a giant cheese grater?
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Where do you draw your inspiration?
I think my inspirations came from mixed and mutilated ideas from my many times of thinking and creating. I had tons of plans that I never got to finish and replaced with other ones.

I have it hard to let go of things so my current stuff comes from my old.
Can you teach me to draw like you?

Also, people have been wondering: why is the alien on the left holding a giant cheese grater?
Isn't my art-style easy to learn? I am that good at drawing things? Well if you want to know how I draw then my advice is to get familiarized with a drawing program called "Mypaint" first. http://mypaint.org

If you where joking then I'll have nothing more to say.

And the "Cheese Grater" isn't made for cheese, it's made to blast puny humans. The thing thats sticking out of the front is turnable. It's like an On/Off switch that is also used to steady the aim when drawn down. Alien technology.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've been rather unfocused on my work on this and it might take awhile to make the demo game cause of my lack of skill.

But I've gotten the Swedish military designs done for the Marine, the Sergeant and the relentless Oppressor.
Swedish Military.png
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've drawn the main character named Sergeant Nadän Filo.
Sgt Nadän.png
This will probably be the last preview of the game by now. But who knows.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

It's possibly wiser to work on the engine directly then to make a false Unity version. It where to be un-canon to the lore anyway so what use is it to make it? It's easier to make a game on a finished engine but I should just use Unity for my 3DS dream. (Which I'm uncertain will happen)