My favorite Marathon scenarios. (And least favorite.)

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

What is your favorite Marathon scenario? (TGI and Phoenix in one option, only 7 options allowed.)

Marathon
5%
Marathon 2: Durandal
16%
Marathon Infinity
21%
Marathon EVIL
5%
Marathon Eternal
11%
Marathon Rubicon X
26%
Marathon Phoenix (TGI as well)
16%

Total votes: 19
The Man
Vidmaster

Did everyone decide it wasn’t going to work tonight? Everyone vanished from the metaserver in like… five minutes.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
ForeverBlackened
Born on Board

Unfortunately. I cannot port-forward so someone else would have to host and we could join in. I am now at 'Just Run Around And Shoot Some Stuff' level of TGI.
treellama
Vidmaster

ForeverBlackened wrote:Marathon is listed #20 on the list and the screenshot is from none other than Marathon Phoenix.
Deus Ex (which should be #1 of course) is on there but the screenshot is from Deus Ex: HR. Zero credibility.
ForeverBlackened
Born on Board

Deus Ex has like 4 different layers of greatness from watching a review of it. The politics of the game are actually real facts of today's world. Great storyline. Stealthy. (Haven't played it myself but it looks fascinating.)

And the article has no #1. It just screws up. I think it's just a poorly made article. At least Mr. Bolton got some exposure indirectly.