(Tech Help) Can't get any Aleph 1 scenario to run on Macbook

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
nephelus
Spazeroid

I have a 2017 Macbook Pro. Anytime I try to run any downloaded scenario it just shows a black screen for a sec then crashes.

Tried following suggestions here: https://github.com/Aleph-One-Marathon/a ... /issues/57

But nothings works.

Reducing the resolution causes the issue to change so that now a black screen shows on startup but then nothing happens and I am forced to hard reset my machine because it wont even let me cmd+tab or force quit.

The closest I got to a working game was setting "scmode_auto_resolution" to false in the preferences. That got the game to go to the home screen however, all of the buttons save for the Aleph 1 info button the the bottom corner were completely non functional.

Getting desperate and any help would be appreciated.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

This topic might help.
Or give you some clues of other words to search the Pfhorums with.
I got this result, inter alia, by searching: black screen
I'd like to be of more help, but I really don't know anything about the Mac system & operation.
Actually, I'm still not completely convinced that PC's aren't just magic in a box.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
nephelus
Spazeroid

It seems the solution is to reduce the display resolution to as low as possible. Works for me!