Art Challenge II: Jjaro Concept

Marathon related contests and tournaments.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Till Feb seems a bit too long to wait... Can we just end it soon? The jjaro can get a bit boring...
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

assassingao wrote:Oekaki....sounds familar.

But what the hell was 'Oekaki'?
wikipedia it! :)

and to shadowbreaker, like i said before, the challenge will be open till feb, but people can ignore it and just submit the first two weeks and the latter two are for latecomers or people that are working on big art projects for the challenge. I do this because if we would have an art challenge every 2 week, people would get more than bored of the Jjaro, they would get bored of the challenge itself.
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Sounds good, what should the next challenge be?
Lugas
Vidmaster

I would like to try the W'rckacnter.
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

I dunno, maybe.
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Is anyone else gonna make an entry, or participate?
Tybo
Cyborg

a cool contest would be 'draw Vic's face'.
Last edited by Tybo on Jan 19th '07, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Vic? [MOh]
Tybo
Cyborg

vidboi, my bad
Last edited by Tybo on Jan 19th '07, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Oh vidboi! Or the marine, same thing.
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Should we take turns hosting?
A little less than 2 weeks and the next contest starts.
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

What should be the next subject?
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

you guys are more than welcome to host the next one if you want. But please notify me in advance.
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

I don't know, I think I like it better when you host it.
Lugas
Vidmaster

I think W'rcrncacnter or Leela would be a good idea.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

wrkncacnter would be a good idea because of it being such a big mystery. so there's a big hole there for the imagination to fill in so i'm pretty sure that will be the subject for next challenge. Although I might make more strict rules, making it actually into a challenge. Like poetry only, or oekaki pictures only. Or perhaps photography...

What are your guys opinion towards stricter rules concerning art method?
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

I like drawing, I stink at poetry. I don't know what to photograph. So I don't want it more strict.
Last edited by Phobos-Romulus on Jan 26th '07, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
Switch
Vidmaster

If there's no photoshopping involved I can't praticipate ( photography maybe, but what to photograph for wrkncacnter? )

BTW, I think these contests are great, lots of new content and ideas, like the begining of the testing grounds [MSmile] Anything that can do that is just fantastic. ( also glad it's so spread out, will ensure It does not grow old or to fast and destroy itself )
shongshong
Vidmaster

Im just curious, is the W'rcrncacnter an object? I couldn't exactly decipher it out of the text's
so if I plan to enter the next, I would have a fogy idea what the scale of the thing might be
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

appleswitch wrote:If there's no photoshopping involved I can't praticipate ( photography maybe, but what to photograph for wrkncacnter? )

BTW, I think these contests are great, lots of new content and ideas, like the begining of the testing grounds [MSmile] Anything that can do that is just fantastic. ( also glad it's so spread out, will ensure It does not grow old or to fast and destroy itself )
i'm hoping this challenge will actually challenge participants into new fields of art, although i'm having doubts about making the rules more strict because it could lower the amount of participants greatly. So I guess I won't do it, at least not for now. I might make some minor rules about art method & what not, but it won't affect your freedom of choice as much. :)

And i agree, this challenge is great, it has gone a lot better than i thought it ever would, thanks to you guys, and the person that got the idea for this challenge. (who was it again?)

PS: "but what to photograph for wrkncacnter?" well... It doesn't need to look like the 'cacnter, or not even resemble it. The theme is just the 'cacnter but you could photograph something huge, something big, something that gives you the same feelings when you look at it as when you imagine how the 'cacnter looks like for example. The 'cacnter also is a symbol for great destruction, so there you got another thing you can photograph, a destruction. The thing is to think outside the box. :)
shongshong wrote:QUOTE(shongshong @ Jan 26 2007, 05:46 AM)Im just curious, is the W'rcrncacnter an object? I couldn't exactly decipher it out of the text's
so if I plan to enter the next, I would have a fogy idea what the scale of the thing might be
the foggier the idea is, the better. Leaves more to the imagination. :)
I actually don't know how it looks like but i've always seen it in my mind as a gigantic fierce scary lookin' dark cloud for example.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

Talking about the 'cacnter. This is how some people think he looks like. I thought i remembered that painting as a painting of a big dark fierce cloud thingy like i mentioned above but it seems like that was just my memory playing tricks on me. This painting is by Craig Mullins but isn't actually of the 'cacnter. But it sure could be it/him.
shongshong
Vidmaster

ok, cool, Im glad the 'W' is incredibly vauge, creates superior mystery

cause a while back, I thought sombody told me that it was like a group of living things, like a tribe of visiouse aliens/things that kill alot... that comment kinda took the wind out of the mysteriouse W for me
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

It was my idea. Cool, I can do the 'canter. I'll have to do some research first.
Tybo
Cyborg

I always looked at it as some kind of a huge, gross fetus, so that's how I'll (probably) draw it. Is someone going to make a new topic for next contest?
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Tybo, you could some refference of of:
Dan from The Game Clock Tower The First Fear:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/dontcryjennife...&id=6379927
or my pic of him
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47029117/

Or you could get refference from:
The Fetus of God from the game series, Darkstalkers:
http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/psx/c/ds3vsjed.htm