Japanese Syntax

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Mar 30th '06, 02:23

IPB ImageI freaking hate Japanese Syntax.

EXAMPLE:
"The dog is big." <english
"Big dog the is." <my guess at what Japanese syntax would be.

My reference has completely run out of exercises. To continue on what I've already done is folly, I'd just be remembering the answers and not actually solving them.

Any programs that can help me with Japanese Syntax?
I dont care if its an online game, as long as it has new sentences and can tell me if I'm writing them out correctly!!!

Too, does anybody know a place where Japanese Audio Chat with each other? Maybe they can help.

Also, has anybody heard about the mystery of the corn beef can? its about there shape by the way... No I didn't get that from anywhere... back off.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Mar 30th '06, 03:44

MoppyPuppy wrote:Also, has anybody heard about the mystery of the corn beef can?

There is an actual mystery about something called "corn beef?" Wow, the world has certainly changed since i walked outside. Oh wait, I walked outside a few hours ago. [MErr]
En Taro Adun,
Executor.

Im dead, man!

Kidtofu
Virginia

Post Mar 30th '06, 03:53

lol, with all these topics about Japanese issues in the chat section, we should just re-lable it "moppys Japanese language issues" or somthing.. I say this cause this is the 3rd topic about the same thing
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Mar 30th '06, 04:01

Moppy, why don't you just post this in your blog?
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Mar 30th '06, 04:04

King Kidtofu wrote:something called "corn beef?"

Have you never heard of corn beef?
lol butts
poofy

Post Mar 31st '06, 01:33

Grayswandir wrote:Moppy, why don't you just post this in your blog?

Posting something in my blog... helps to HAVE ONE!!!
Also, no one would see it, besides, who the hell randomly visits blogs?

This stuff is all so important so I'd appreciate the help.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Mar 31st '06, 01:45

MoppyPuppy wrote:Also, no one would see it, besides, who the hell randomly visits blogs?

Me....
En Taro Adun,
Executor.

Im dead, man!

Kidtofu
Virginia

Post Apr 1st '06, 05:29

The Japanese syntax is actually

The dog big is

In Japanese
いぬは おおきいです。

いぬ dog
は particle denoting subject
おおきい big
ですis
Last edited by Shadowfury333 on Apr 1st '06, 05:32, edited 1 time in total.
Darkness called? But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "PICK UP THE PHONE, DARKNESS!", but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.

Shadowfury333

Post Apr 1st '06, 16:06

I didn't need help on just that particular one.

Solve this.

"This is our standard contract for newcomers."

Now, its sorta like an equation as I understand it. A system of what comes first and what comes after.
Syntax.
Now I need something or someone to breakdown the system. What its made of and what order to put it in.
Because my learning program sure as hell doesn't.

And I need a way to speak to a Japanese English speaking person since no one can learn from just a book.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Apr 4th '06, 23:09

MoppyPuppy wrote:I didn't need help on just that particular one.

Solve this.

"This is our standard contract for newcomers."

This our standard contract for newcomers is

I'm not sure what "standard contract for newcomers" is in Japanese, but I would assume that it would be one or two words with a different literal meaning.

MoppyPuppy wrote:Now, its sorta like an equation as I understand it. A system of what comes first and what comes after.
Syntax.
Now I need something or someone to breakdown the system. What its made of and what order to put it in.
Because my learning program sure as hell doesn't.

Japanese Syntax Subject-Object-Verb is
English Syntax is Subject-Verb-Object

Locations and times have seperate places as well, but for the most part fall at the beginning. Complex phrases, such as "Is it ok if I go to the bathroom?" would translate as "The bathroom to go ok is?".

Also, I'm not an authoritative source. I've ben taking Japanese for almost 2 years. everything I have told you is correct, anything that I have not said I have not learned, and you attempt at your own risk.

MoppyPuppy wrote:And I need a way to speak to a Japanese English speaking person since no one can learn from just a book.

Well, you could always get the Obentoo textbook, although it is difficult to learn on one's own. Alternatively, you could speak to him in regular English.
Last edited by Shadowfury333 on Apr 4th '06, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
Darkness called? But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "PICK UP THE PHONE, DARKNESS!", but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.

Shadowfury333

Return to Chat