3d Images!

The best of the Pfhorums.
megabyte
Vidmaster

sly 3 did this in certain areas of the game
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
The Thug
Vidmaster

Megabyte wrote:sly 3 did this in certain areas of the game
There wasn't much difference though.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
The One
Born on Board

Unfortunately, Sourceforge still hasn't approved the project, and I'm leaving for a week. I'll have no access to the internet so I won't be able to post the link. In the meantime, here's a screenshot I took last night. I haven't worked out all the bugs yet so it's not perfect, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Feel free to post any ideas here for when I come back, I'm open to suggestions.
Attachments
3d_marathon.png
3d_marathon.png (361.31 KiB) Viewed 19359 times
megabyte
Vidmaster

i just tried the pic with my 3d glasses and that is awesome
if sourceforge approves it what will it be called?

Edit:
can a version come out with cromatek glasses?
Last edited by megabyte on Sep 1st '07, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
[viral]
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

wow, that looks great. i can't wait to play that, totally worth all the effort. BTW how long have you been programming this? Anyway, i think we should maker a 3d pfhorums theme to promote the new capabilities. I did a mockup, it would be really easy, what you think appleswitch?

http://screamingfool.deviantart.com/art/pfhorums-63864733
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

opps, double post damn ass connection
Last edited by screamingfool on Sep 2nd '07, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
JUICEMAN
Born on Board

Hey this is cool! With everything in 3D, you'll be that much closer to feeling the JUICE. Just imagine how the JUICE cans will come out at you in Jump Outta the JUICE. Since you're making a port, can you please hardcode the JUICE script in the game? Everyone loves it and it would be the second JUICiest thing in the new port. If I think up any other suggestions, I'll let you know. What we really need is something to work with JUICE glasses, but I don't expect any mortal to be able to pull that off.

There really isn't any JUICE left in the pfhorums, so making it 3D wouldn't really help much.
- JUICE is the only way.
[8FTB]
taps you the eight-foot-tall Burton
willbill808
Born on Board

Wow.... who'd have thought I started all this!
"So, next time you're at a convention with us, instead of asking me to do Bob's flaming death scream for the umpteeth time, ask to see my..... eyes. We'll all have a good laugh."
-Doug
megabyte
Vidmaster

screamingfool wrote:wow, that looks great. i can't wait to play that, totally worth all the effort. BTW how long have you been programming this? Anyway, i think we should maker a 3d pfhorums theme to promote the new capabilities. I did a mockup, it would be really easy, what you think appleswitch?

http://screamingfool.deviantart.com/art/pfhorums-63864733
i wish
we would need 2 slightly different angles
Favorite quote
[viral]
benurban
Spazeroid

Packard20 wrote:there was a NES game that did this. i think it was rad racer. and if you pressed SELECT it would make all the sprites kinda split into a blue and red overlaipng copy and if you had the red and blue 3d glasses it would appear somewhat 3d. maybe we should start makeing copies of sprites like this. *good thing my windows xp came with photoshop*
Actually, it was 3D Worldrunner.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

willbill808 wrote:Wow.... who'd have thought I started all this!
yes, this whole thread is your fault
Last edited by thermoplyae on Sep 2nd '07, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
dude, seriously. dude.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

good job guys! the prototype screen shot looks great!
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

hey guys, dunno if youve noticed this. but we should get this renamed 3D glasses aleph one and move it to projects....
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

If people are actually going to take the "3D Aleph One Project" seriously then I guess I ought to move it to Projects.

Don't get me wrong, 3D Glasses images are rad, but seriously. Who's going to 3D Glasses-ify the engine?
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ben Urban wrote:Actually, it was 3D Worldrunner.
Actually Rad racer did that too, I own it. Unfortionatly I never had the 3-d glasses to try it out.

If we could get the engine to actually do that, that would be awsome! would be one heck of a new feature. [MSmile]
amac
Born on Board

No no no, here's how you want to do 3D Marathon.

Two views with camera offsets! Just cross your eyes.

But if you didn't wear glasses before, you would after a while.

EDIT:
Curses, it seems someone else already mocked this up at the start of the thread. That will teach me to skip to the end!
Besides, my screen is way better. I even fixed the gun and UI!
Last edited by amac on Sep 3rd '07, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:If people are actually going to take the "3D Aleph One Project" seriously then I guess I ought to move it to Projects.

Don't get me wrong, 3D Glasses images are rad, but seriously. Who's going to 3D Glasses-ify the engine?
I'm not sure if you saw the screenshot, but The One already did it. He's just waiting for SourceForge to clear it.
dude, seriously. dude.
willbill808
Born on Board

thermoplyae wrote:yes, this whole thread is your fault
I am not sure whether that is a good or bad thing....
"So, next time you're at a convention with us, instead of asking me to do Bob's flaming death scream for the umpteeth time, ask to see my..... eyes. We'll all have a good laugh."
-Doug
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

Well, i think where doing a relitively good job. But really think! who would want to cross there eyes the whole time theyre playing?
willbill808
Born on Board

Packard20 wrote:Well, i think where doing a relitively good job. But really think! who would want to cross there eyes the whole time theyre playing?
I agree! And it would be hard to concentrate and aim accurately while trying to cross your eyes, too. And, Ty'Cho will get a headache and be in his infamous bad mood if he tries to cross his eyes for too long.
-Doug
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

lol yeah basically. The 3D glasses is the best idea.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

thermoplyae wrote:I'm not sure if you saw the screenshot, but The One already did it. He's just waiting for SourceForge to clear it.
Would it be all that bad if this was a feature in the main A1 build that one could turn on/off in the prefrences? Because all it seems to be is a graphics effect that only effects the individual. There seems little point in creating a build that will be seperate with the main as the main will eventually be updated and will no longer be compatable on the internet.

Am I right in assuming that this would be compatable with the highres textures?

In anycase, this seems to be The One's project now; I belive he deserves project thread status. Ryoko? *nudge* *nudge*
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Sep 4th '07, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Packard20 wrote:lol yeah basically. The 3D glasses is the best idea.
especially since some of us can't figure out how to cross our eyes in a way that makes us see the 3d...
Can't speel for hist.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

Phortiphy wrote:especially since some of us can't figure out how to cross our eyes in a way that makes us see the 3d...
ditto. I hope he gets back soon so we can have a beta release to try out....

EDIT: i wonder what a fighter would look like with crossed eyes... lol
Last edited by Packard20 on Sep 4th '07, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

Eh... well looks like this projects abbandon till The One gets back.