i have an idea for a nice project

The best of the Pfhorums.
Nameless
Cyborg

Ok, The Name : Marathon : Vengeance
I Need :
Mappers
Artists (Chapter Screens)
Terminal Writers (based around my story.LOL)

if ur interested reply or pm me.

im working on the story.
Last edited by Nameless on Nov 8th '07, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' After The Rails On A Crazy Train.
Veiw My MarathonArt
Maybe if i PWN enof Newbs I CAN RAISE MY RANK IN THE SERVER FROM 3 to 1.....
"WAKE ME WHEN YOU NEED ME" (SPOILERS)MASTER CHEIF, Halo 3

Marathon : Vengeance
Why can't you see what i've done...
irons
Vidmaster

Ah, a fresh new idea, and a fresh new way of executing it! When can we look forward to seeing a concept screenshot of the title screen?
Last edited by irons on Nov 7th '07, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Nameless
Cyborg

irons wrote:Ah, a fresh new idea, and a fresh new way of executing it! When can we look forward to seeing a concept screenshot of the title screen?
see until i can get the emulator up and working (cuz the bundle doesnt seem to be there n e more)

i am as now writing the story

and need the stuff listed above.

-Nameless-

I would appreciate your help.
Veiw My MarathonArt

Dodopod
Cyborg

What is the story (generally).
Counter Attack on the Meta
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Hmm, this reminds me of something. I just can't put my finger on it. Oh wait, I just did.
irons
Vidmaster

W wrote:Hmm, this reminds me of something. I just can't put my finger on it. Oh wait, I just did.
Hey, that's not fair. Name one person who didn't come up with a scenario after making a request like this!
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Nameless
Cyborg

Thanks for your confidence wrk'

But any way if any one could help i would appreciate it
Veiw My MarathonArt

Nameless
Cyborg

Dodopod wrote:What is the story (generally).
the story is very basic so far so heres the main idea,
A virus built out of the remaining parts of leela called LeelaX.V that causes unknown things to go wrong
the rest is just very basic
Veiw My MarathonArt

LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

What kind of unknown things? Does she burn toast, start talking backwards, and paints the ship pink?
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
Nameless
Cyborg

Grayswandir wrote:What kind of unknown things? Does she burn toast, start talking backwards, and paints the ship pink?
Unknown like Feats of Destruction , Hacking, And Control

like one of the ramblings.
"To Be Free There Must Be Blood For ALL"
Last edited by Nameless on Nov 7th '07, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
Veiw My MarathonArt

LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

All the stuff you listed is pretty generic. Come on now...make it do something unexpected...like change its name to "Formerly Known As Leela" or "Fred" and it starts talking in a deep manly voice. Or make it scrwe your head on backwards or attach wing to Hulks...
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Nameless
Cyborg

i just started with the idea so it could be much better over time

but anyway there will be unexpected things.
like the way it all started.
Veiw My MarathonArt

LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

How is it unexpected?
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Nameless
Cyborg

Grayswandir wrote:How is it unexpected?
If i told you it wouldnt be so unexpected now would it,
so i wont tell u
Veiw My MarathonArt

LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Did somebody fart, blowing up their house, killing everyone, sending everyone to some alternate dimension which turns out to be Hell and Leela is actually Frank the Bartender trying to save everyone's souls for the sole purpose of making money off of his rarely visited bar up in Heaven?
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Nameless
Cyborg

Grayswandir wrote:Did somebody fart, blowing up their house, killing everyone, sending everyone to some alternate dimension which turns out to be Hell and Leela is actually Frank the Bartender trying to save everyone's souls for the sole purpose of making money off of his rarely visited bar up in Heaven?
dude please stopwith the random comments..
there funny but random and somewhat annoying
Veiw My MarathonArt

irons
Vidmaster

Leave this guy alone. Great stories don't make themselves, you assholes. I ought to know. While he's obviously thought this through quite a bit, he just needs to polish some of the rough edges. I kinda shivered when I read "To Be Free There Must Be Blood For ALL." Seriously, that alone is the seed of an amazing scenario. All he needs is guys to do the way easier stuff, like art. Can't you give him a hand?
Nameless
Cyborg

Thanks irons [MGrin]
Veiw My MarathonArt

LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

irons wrote:Leave this guy alone. Great stories don't make themselves, you assholes. I ought to know. While he's obviously thought this through quite a bit, he just needs to polish some of the rough edges. I kinda shivered when I read "To Be Free There Must Be Blood For ALL." Seriously, that alone is the seed of an amazing scenario. All he needs is guys to do the way easier stuff, like art. Can't you give him a hand?
Yeah, true enough. I tend to spaz...
What kind of art are you looking for? What style?
(Hey, it'll give me an excuse to actually start working on art again.)
I'm gonna need some kind of subject before I make anything.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Nov 7th '07, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
JUICEMAN
Born on Board

irons wrote:Leave this guy alone. Great stories don't make themselves, you assholes. I ought to know. While he's obviously thought this through quite a bit, he just needs to polish some of the rough edges. I kinda shivered when I read "To Be Free There Must Be Blood For ALL." Seriously, that alone is the seed of an amazing scenario. All he needs is guys to do the way easier stuff, like art. Can't you give him a hand?
Well said Irons. The JUICE has always been strong with you. As a token of JUICE's good will, I will gladly provide some art for your soon to me amazing scenario. Feel free to use it for your textures (you can split them up, so really I'm giving you several textures!), or maybe even a new monster. Please nameless, continue to let the JUICE flow through you!
Attachments
2x4_with_nails.JPG
2x4_with_nails.JPG (152.54 KiB) Viewed 20688 times
- JUICE is the only way.
[8FTB]
taps you the eight-foot-tall Burton
irons
Vidmaster

JUICEMAN wrote:Well said Irons. The JUICE has always been strong with you. As a token of JUICE's good will, I will gladly provide some art for your soon to me amazing scenario. Feel free to use it for your textures (you can split them up, so really I'm giving you several textures!), or maybe even a new monster. Please nameless, continue to let the JUICE flow through you!
Perfect art. Hey, I'm starting a scenario. Can you be my artist, mapper, and scripter? I have a story written down already. Check out this fanfiction I wrote.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

irons wrote:Perfect art. Hey, I'm starting a scenario. Can you be my artist, mapper, and scripter? I have a story written down already. Check out this fanfiction I wrote.
Holy crap irons, with a story like that you've already beaten Nameless' plot. Looks like you're going to have to step it up a notch if you want to compete with a real writer, Nameless.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Aren't we always preaching about the need for maturity? Sure, the poor guy is annoying us all by expecting us of essentially creating a whole project for him; but still, this backhanded sarcasm really doesn't represent well of community hospitality.

@Nameless.
Honestly, we see people proposing projects all the time and almost all (Bare in mind I can't think of any) of them ever get finished, or most even started. You must understand, you can't throw an idea into the ring and expect everybody to suddenly jump hoops for you. Now had you come to us with, not only a project in mind, but some really hard work of your own (and allot of it) that shows us that you are seriously committed to work on it with out our help but would prefer our help, then you would get a different response. But seriously, everyone here is just going to make fun of you and ignore you.
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Nov 7th '07, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
irons
Vidmaster

J2000, at this point there is almost no hospitality whatsoever. The newer members are almost always idiots, and the older members have to face round after round of their messes. When you've seen the cycles of the same stuff over and over, you know what's coming anyway if you try to stay nice: yet another wave of ignorance. This time, we're trying a different approach. We're letting the rude little farts who show up (lol packard) run fairly wild and some of us have decided to imitate them. If nothing else, it's more fun than facing Yet Another Doog.

Think about it this way. Here's what you see:
herecomethej2000 wrote:@Nameless.
Honestly, we see people proposing projects all the time and almost all (Bare in mind I can't think of any) of them ever get finished, or most even started. You must understand, you can't throw an idea into the ring and expect everybody to suddenly jump hoops for you. Now had you come to us with, not only a project in mind, but some really hard work of your own (and allot of it) that shows us that you are seriously committed to work on it with out our help but would prefer our help, then you would get a different response. But seriously, everyone here is just going to make fun of you and ignore you.
What scenario requesters see:
herecomethej2000 wrote:Your dumb!!! But d00d look I think your so dumb but think about this ok. I'm claiming that it wont work but thats ok I'm also telling you to do no work lol, so whats wrong with asking people to do your work anyway! My point tho is because nothing like this has had suxess before NEway, just go die
What scenario requesters then think:
*starts crying* I WILL SHOW THEM! MARATHON DOOG 4EVER!
Isn't it much easier to encourage everything you can while those in the know can have a little chuckle before answering Router Configuration Request #48969?
Axle_Gear
Cyborg

Nameless wrote:Ok, The Name : Either , Operation Ground&Pound or Vengeance,
I Need :
Mappers
Artists (Chapter Screens)
Terminal Writers (based around my story.LOL)

if ur interested reply or pm me.

im working on the story.
No offense, but I'm honestly wondering if this is a joke (maybe it is, and I'm just really slow to pick up that it might be a troller).

At the very least, it would be wise for the person coming up with the story to be able to do the terminal text himself (let's assume someone else fills in the maps so it can be written around them). If you can't even do that, what hope is there that you can convey the story in a manner that gives the player tasks and missions to complete without having to rely on someone else to think of them for you?

When I started my project (which seems to be on extended hiatus until I can access my old Mac), I only told people I was working on it, and worked on some maps and took screenshots. THEN I started asking for help. And even if you can prove your work is well under way, don't expect a huge turnout of volunteers. Odds are the first scenario you complete will be on your own, and if it's any good then you can expect a better collaberation with other makers.

I'd say something more encouraging, but I'd have to see a darn good plot written out and presented in a fashion that would make me curious to imagine it in game form.