HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest III

Marathon related contests and tournaments.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

The third carnage fest will be held next saturday, at midnight GMT. Which means. Which means it should be around 4 PM Saturday for people in San Francisco, and around 11 AM, sunday, for people in Melbourne, Aussieland. (if my calculations are correct.

We are trying out this new schedule so we can fit people from both ends of the world together on the same time although this means that the aussies need to get their hungover asses out of the bed around 11 AM on sunday and me and the rest of the Scandinavians will have to sacrifice our precious saturday social life. (me? Goran? social life? lol...)

The idea for next weekend will be to play Marathon Rubicon for the thon lovers and there have been some talking about playing Jinn and The Seventh God (Myth).

See ya marine!

what is hl.bungie.org?
Last edited by JohannesG on Feb 11th '09, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Johannes Gunnar wrote:The third carnage fest will be held next saturday, at midnight GMT. Which means. Which means it should be around 4 PM Saturday for people in San Francisco, and around 11 AM, sunday, for people in Melbourne, Aussieland. (if my calculations are correct.

We are trying out this new schedule so we can fit people from both ends of the world together on the same time although this means that the aussies need to get their hungover asses out of the bed around 11 AM on sunday and me and the rest of the Scandinavians will have to sacrifice our precious saturday social life. (me? Goran? social life? lol...)

The idea for next weekend will be to play Marathon Rubicon for the thon lovers and there have been some talking about playing Jinn and The Seventh God (Myth).

See ya marine!

what is hl.bungie.org?
I love you so much.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
Iritscen
Cyborg

Yeah, 4pm for the West Coasters and 7pm for the East Coasters (like me) should be a great time for the U.S. And if the Aussies on the Boomerang Coast can't get up 11am, well, tough S'pht [MLaugh] . Although that makes 9am for their West Coast; I don't know if we have any players over on that side of the country, though.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

is that today?
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Yes, its today.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

thanks for good games!
goran
Vidmaster

L'howon
Vidmaster

Quote: I HATE ALL OF YOU, BUT I'M GOING TO RANT ABOUT IT AND FORCE YOU TO LISTEN BECAUSE I'M THE ONLY HOST.

Good times, goood times.

Also, that clock in the background of the second picture CLEARLY shows it to NOT be 12:00. So, Johannes is correct, you fail!
Last edited by L'howon on Feb 15th '09, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

goran wrote:
Goran, you fail. ;)
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Well I missed the Carnage Night, but I'll try to make the next one.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

if people got any suggestions for a new time for the carnage nights then please do post here. :)
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Johannes Gunnar wrote:if people got any suggestions for a new time for the carnage nights then please do post here. :)
How about any time there are a group of people around that feel like playing?
L'howon
Vidmaster

Hm, I'm pretty sure that's just called "Playing netgames" W'rk.

Perhaps... I dunno, Evil?

No RED though... euch.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Lh wrote:Hm, I'm pretty sure that's just called "Playing netgames" W'rk.
Oh sorry. I didn't know you guys didn't play netgames.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

W wrote:How about any time there are a group of people around that feel like playing?
The basic concept of all this is keeping a schedule (for numerous reasons I am sure the participants have already noticed).

People are of course allowed to play a normal net game whenever they want, but for these weekly meetings i would want to keep a schedule.
The schedule has proven to be quite a good idea and we've managed to play some really great games, in maps & scenarios I've never even thought of playing in a "random encounter" on the meatserver. The moral has also been really good, plus this has also given me the opportunity to actually fire up Myth II and play a couple of games.
Last edited by JohannesG on Feb 16th '09, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
L'howon
Vidmaster

W wrote:Oh sorry. I didn't know you guys didn't play netgames.
Nah, we're all just elitist pricks that only play on carnage nights because we don't like the rest of the unwashed masses.
goran
Vidmaster

Yo Dcbob. Any games tonight (same time?). No promises I'll be there though. Gonna drink wine and play in the snow. Chances are I repeat last week's fail [MLaugh]

Last edited by goran on Feb 21st '09, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

there will hopefully be games tonight at midnight GMT, although I just announced it in the news on the hotline server this time. sadly though, i won't be able to make it (i'm at my parents place for the weekend, enjoying 56k internet connection)
goran wrote:Yo Dcbob. Any games tonight (same time?). No promises I'll be there though. Gonna drink wine and play in the snow. Chances are I repeat last week's fail [MLaugh]
Last edited by JohannesG on Feb 21st '09, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.