HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest

Marathon related contests and tournaments.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

This topic will from now on house the latest announcements for the weekly carnage fests over at hl.bungie.org/metaserver. The top post will be edited to announce the theme, schedule & what not for each week's fest.
Carnage Fest IX - 28th of March, 2009
Next saturday, on the 28th of March will be the ninth installation of the weekly Carnage Fest, this time with a mad twist. Instead of trying out various scenarios/games we will be focusing on various 'thon physics models. So if you have any suggestions (or happen to have created a f*cked up model) then please do post here.

You will be able to meet us on the hl.bungie.org server (or the Meta server) at 11 PM GMT on next Saturday.

PS: If you would like to suggest another schedule for next carnage fest just post here or drop me a line.
Current Linkswhat is hl.bungie.org?Total Carnage ++Old LinksMarathon REDEternalPortal of SigmaCOLORSPEACK!http://projectmagma.net/3DA3Clue: A Knife in the DarkAnywhere Multipak v1.15Anywhere Solo Pak v0.2Rocket Dorf Fest v5.1[url=http://Mudpit%20Mega%20Mix%20(Final)]http://www.orderofhpak.com/BattlePlan.php[/url]Myth TFL Multiplayer Mappackhttp://www.urbanterror.net (Free cross-platform FPS game)The Carnage FestsCarnage Fest IX - 'Thon Physics BuffetCarnage Fest VIII - Marathon RED / Infinity (TC++)Carnage Fest VII - Eternal/Infinity/UrCarnage Fest VI - Myth IICarnage Fest V - Portal of SigmaCarnage Fest IV - FreestyleCarnage Fest III - RubiconCarnage Fest II - EMRCarnage Fest I - Freestyle
Last edited by JohannesG on Mar 23rd '09, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
The Thug
Vidmaster

Awesome, I'll try to make it.

Is Portal of Sigma purely single player/co-op, or does it have some netmaps too?

As for Carnage Fest VI, I suggest some Myth II games. Perhaps some good old classic coop games, or some fun 2 team games.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

The Thug wrote:Is Portal of Sigma purely single player/co-op, or does it have some netmaps too?
portal of sigma has multiplayer support.
goran
Vidmaster

There's no netmaps in the sigma download. It's reccomended to download this if you're going to host.

Sigma Netpack
Last edited by goran on Feb 28th '09, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
Vladtepes
Cyborg

I should be there...
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
Iritscen
Cyborg

Tad awkward for me, at 6pm, but maybe I can put off dinnertime with lots of snacks and be there.
interion
Cyborg

goran wrote:There's no netmaps in the sigma download. It's reccomended to download this if you're going to host.

Sigma Netpack
Can someone make a zip version of the netmaps?
Image Image
Vladtepes
Cyborg

here it is
Attachments
Sigma_netpack.zip
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 504 times
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
Drictelt
Vidmaster

When you guys play myth, do you always play that same one netmap that is included in the demo?
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
The Thug
Vidmaster

Gimble in the Wabe? That is a common map when playing Myth II online, especially on CTF or Lmoth. But the hosts, including myself, generally cycle through most of the Myth II netmaps and then switch to 3rd party maps.
There are much more hosts on Myth than Marathon, so it normally isn't as hard to find a good game.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

So you can play other maps with the demo?
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
The Thug
Vidmaster

No, I believe it is only Gimble in the Wabe for netmaps. Coop games are more common in Myth though, and the Demo has Into the Breach and The Baron, which are both pretty popular coop maps.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

*bump*
*front post updated*
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

I'm thinking some Group of Coops #2, RDF 5.1 (Rocket Dwarf Fest), and some Clue: A Knife in the Dark might be fun this Saturday, maybe mix in some Marathon AW 115 on some TFL Slugfest maps, get those Hulks, SPNKRs, and Pfhor Fighter mash ups going.
Oh, and some MMM Final (Mudpit Mega Mix) invisible dwarf action for you reg lovers.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Mar 6th '09, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
L'howon
Vidmaster

;_; Curse my lack of Myth II.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
Iritscen
Cyborg

Anything planned for this Saturday the 14th? I notice that we haven't done Evil or Tempus Irae yet, and there are a good few netmaps for both scenarios.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

Iritscen wrote:Anything planned for this Saturday the 14th? I notice that we haven't done Evil or Tempus Irae yet, and there are a good few netmaps for both scenarios.
i'm sorry, i've been extremely busy. Updating front post now!
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

bump! updated for tonight's fest. sorry about the late update.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Urban Terror, heck yes!
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
goran
Vidmaster

Since we're now playing non-bungie games...
Do you people like starcraft? I'd love to play that game again.
Iritscen
Cyborg

I'm much more in favor of playing more of the third party scenarios in Marathon; they still never get played on the meta. We haven't yet devoted a single night to The Gray Incident, Blue Fingers, Tempus Irae, RED, Evil, or Eternal, let alone playing M1 or M2 or revisiting any of the scenarios a second time, so isn't it way early to be looking at non-Bungie games? Just my two cents.
Last edited by Iritscen on Mar 15th '09, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

Iritscen wrote:I'm much more in favor of playing more of the third party scenarios in Marathon; they still never get played on the meta. We haven't yet devoted a single night to The Gray Incident, Blue Fingers, Tempus Irae, RED, Evil, or Eternal, let alone playing M1 or M2 or revisiting any of the scenarios a second time, so isn't it way early to be looking at non-Bungie games? Just my two cents.
you got a point. We should focus on Bungie related games before we'll loose ourselves in other games. So the Carnage Fests will primarily focus (from now on, unless anyone got objections) on Bungie related games.

So what would you people want to play next Saturday?
Any specific netpack? scenario? or a specific bungie game? whatever?
goran
Vidmaster

Marathon: Red (in case image doesn't get displayed)

Last edited by goran on Mar 16th '09, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Iritscen
Cyborg

Did goran make an empty post, or is it just me?
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

Iritscen wrote:Did goran make an empty post, or is it just me?
There's a broken image there...

Right-click and open it in a new tab.
Last edited by ukimalefu on Mar 16th '09, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.