jack hammer

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Sep 13th '09, 00:01

hate the bugs, so many bugs.
words

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Sep 13th '09, 02:07

I could whip up a few terms though I'm not the greatest at the action-flick style of writing.
Meta

Post Sep 13th '09, 03:59

um, i'm stuck on the third level in the room with the pillar that moves (and crushes you) when you stand on it, and teh switch in the air that you cant activate. What do i do?

EDIT: nevermind. i missed a door becus a fighter distracted me and i went where the fighter came from

EDIT2: Now i'm stuck in the fourth level in the room where you turn on the light and there are projectors around. the door closes behind you and there is no way back out
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Sep 13th '09, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 15th '09, 23:13

EDIT2: Now i'm stuck in the fourth level in the room where you turn on the light and there are projectors around. the door closes behind you and there is no way back out
[/quote]

on the lava set? you mean you went to the other "story" branch? simply flip the switch and read the term.

p.s. Watch the door close behind you. Fancy lighting made for a really nice effect.
Last edited by ellio7t on Sep 15th '09, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
words

ellio7t

Post Sep 16th '09, 02:20

Oh I love the lighting. But the terminal wont activate, even with the light.

I also found that if you press the button for the door a second time, it stops it midway through. so, you can open it, press the switch again, and keep it open.
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Sep 16th '09, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 16th '09, 03:02

WastdJamacan wrote:But the terminal wont activate, even with the light.

Just played through, you are correct, it doesn't work. What ever that is the end of that branch. Just something I included cause I liked the look of the map. There are two more pfhor levels if you complete the third level by going to the terminal on the bridge.

Differential lighting could have been used better. This level kinda looks like crap to me now.
Last edited by ellio7t on Sep 16th '09, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
words

ellio7t

Post Sep 18th '09, 21:44

Progress update:

Terminals are done for nine of the fifteen levels. Of those nine all are at least half way finished.

Physics models are at about 25%. Still working on making a universal file for all levels and a tweeked file for two levels(extended line of sight for two monsters).

Levels are complete, but still under testing for bugs.

Art is still in a preconceptual phase: meaning I have no idea what I want to do. I've always been really interested in doing very avant garde art, just not sure if the juxtapostion of it with in the game would work. Originaly it was going to have comic art including cut scenes. That idea just seemed to clash though. Really want to do something different here, any suggestion will help.

Shooting for an end of year release.

P.S. should I include a basic walkthrough? There are multiple paths to take.
words

ellio7t

Post Sep 24th '09, 22:02

Just uploaded a fixed version of Jack Hammer preview to simplci7y. If the have a copy named "better jack hammer preview" then you have a defective copy. You will not be able to finish the scenario due to a problem with terms being misplaced. Fixed it should work fine now.
words

ellio7t

Post Sep 25th '09, 00:51

have SCOURED set pfhor a B-movie and cant find teh exit. now that teh terminals are changed around, i cant find the exit term
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 25th '09, 01:07

WastdJamacan wrote:have SCOURED set pfhor a B-movie and cant find teh exit. now that teh terminals are changed around, i cant find the exit term

There is a room that opens near the start of the map with wires(next to the closed room filled with the pfhor). Hit that and go back down to the bottom of the map with the horseshoe shaped room that opened up with the lights flashing on and off. In there there is a newly opened door.

sorry, the flow in this map is terrible. It is very old.
words

ellio7t

Post Sep 25th '09, 01:08

I dint see an opened door after hiting the wires, but ill check again.

There is a door there, but it doesnt open.
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Sep 25th '09, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 25th '09, 03:17

WastdJamacan wrote:I dint see an opened door after hiting the wires, but ill check again.

There is a door there, but it doesnt open.

This is why the original scenario was never released, bugs

what mess have i unleashed on the world?
Last edited by ellio7t on Sep 25th '09, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.
words

ellio7t

Post Sep 25th '09, 17:28

ellio7t wrote:seriously does any one want to do some terms? I just can't motivate myself to finish this. I've got a few done, but a ton left. Everything else is pretty much complete. Basically i've been sitting on a new scenario for a month or two now. Please send help.

Dude, you're speaking my language. I am a rampant AI.

ErisOnline
San Francisco, CA

Post Sep 25th '09, 23:47

And I'm an A.I. with severe "mental" damage, the situation doesn't call for either of us. The terminals in Jackhammer are dialogue terms between the player and some other character with a badass action hero tone to it all. Unless Ellio7t's changed the story there isn't much need for "rampant" writing in there.
Meta

Post Sep 26th '09, 00:27

Psssh. He knows what I mean.
But!
Writing is what I can do better than any other element of Scenarioing*. So!

*Scenario is now officially a verb.

ErisOnline
San Francisco, CA

Post Sep 26th '09, 06:10

Calvin and hobbes has got your number Eris.

I'll once again volunteer for term writing. It's my... ahem... pfhorte. (ahhh shoot me now!)

What exactly do you mean with physics editing? Combining stuff? I though I kind of had the hang of PhysEdOne but since I don't know what you're talking about, maybe I'm off base.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Oct 2nd '09, 23:29

Just need a basic model, rubicon doesn't come with one because there is a lot of customizing in the game. Pfheil if you give me your e-mail i'll send you some stuff. There is little left in terms of writing, but i'm kinda worn out on it. And i still have to go back and edit everything(grammer, sp, formatting, ect.).
words

ellio7t

Post Nov 1st '09, 10:33

just a quick question-looking fine though-the save terms don't work, right?
I have AlephOne 0.22-whichever the latest one is, and save terms don't seem to work right now
I'll try again later though.....

JB
john_brine

Post Nov 2nd '09, 18:52

okay-just one thing-level flow is very strange, and Aleph is acting odd-hmmm
in level 3 where you finally get to bash a circuit, there's a section where you must go though a door on the side
(hint-it's next to the room where you have to insert the chip) and there's constantly renewing Enforcers( the tall guys that look like wizards)-makes it a super hard pain in the butt to get through-oh, and more health n' ammo would be much appreciated-specially on the last level- I don't want to spoil it for anyone-I'll just call it "Enforcer
Gallery" and leave it there

good start to this level-the challenge is definitely there, imo. Game flow is a little crooked, and balance of health/ammo is kinda sparse -this isn't a walk in the park by any means...
john_brine

Post Nov 2nd '09, 22:23

um, we all know what enforcers are. just fyi
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 29th '09, 07:17

Fixed some bugs and added ammo. Thnx for the heads up coffee. New version is up cause i finally got around to it.
words

ellio7t

Post Dec 10th '09, 00:55

beta testers?
words

ellio7t

Post Dec 10th '09, 07:32

I'll do it.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 10th '09, 22:19

How much has changed since I last tested? just the ammo and bug fixes?
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Mar 9th '10, 03:49

http://www.simplici7y.com/items/jack-hammer-beta

thnx to Coffee & Dugit for testing.

There is still a few "rough edges", but I haven't done much work on it in the last couple of months. Thus I figured I'll release something rather then have it return to obscurity in the archives of my hard drive.
words

ellio7t

PreviousNext

Return to Projects