Spriter

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Oct 11th '09, 22:09

I'm actually not sure where this should go, $lave, so don't shoot me.

I'm looking for someone who can sprite well. I need sprites of people and weapons. I'd do it myself but my tablet won't even connect to my laptop anymore. That's what I get for buying a $36 tablet.
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Oct 12th '09, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 11th '09, 22:19

W'rkncacnter is pretty good at drawing stuff...
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Oct 11th '09, 23:39

yeah, I know how you feel. I'd code a Bridges & Balcony version of A1, but the doorknob to my computer room is broken.
..actually just wanna say that "i'd do it myself, but..." isn't prone to get much positive reaction, especially when asking for humongous tasks like sprite creation. Guess the best way is still to show some jaw droppin' piece of scenarioness and then fight of the hordes of contributers with a blunt stick
Image
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain
User avatar

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Oct 11th '09, 23:55

Bobwithkeycard wrote:yeah, I know how you feel. I'd code a Bridges & Balcony version of A1, but the doorknob to my computer room is broken.
..actually just wanna say that "i'd do it myself, but..." isn't prone to get much positive reaction, especially when asking for humongous tasks like sprite creation. Guess the best way is still to show some jaw droppin' piece of scenarioness and then fight of the hordes of contributers with a blunt stick



*sigh* yeah i know. it is legit, though. I was working on a couple of things and i flipped out because my tablet wouldnt work. I tried to reinstall the drivers, but it seems to be a problem with the wiring. I'm no good with wiring. They were just pictures though, nothing that I need for this project, so I don't have anything started.
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Oct 12th '09, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 12th '09, 00:34

Maybe people would be a little more enthusiastic if you'd stop with the neon green.
Meta

Post Oct 12th '09, 01:05

Meta wrote:Maybe people would be a little more enthusiastic if you'd stop with the neon green.


$lave started it.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 12th '09, 02:47

Whoo I'm Tycho!
Now I'm Durandal!
Now I'm Lysander/Charlie!
Er, yes.
Well. I can do some of that stuff, but not super well. I have a pretty cell-shaded cartoon style. You should see my weapons sprites. I haven't attempted monster sprites or textures yet.

What exactly do you need/want/dream about.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Oct 12th '09, 03:04

Sprite creation is a pretty huge undertaking, without a solid scenario well in progress (with proof, of course) I'm afraid you won't likely find any help. I wouldn't recommend making custom monsters for your first scenario, though, or for that matter making a scenario before your first real solo map. You'd really probably be better off getting better with infinity, and those graphics before doing anything with your own. Unless your goal is to create an ugly mess, of course.
User avatar

$lave

Post Oct 12th '09, 03:18

can you say RED?
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
User avatar

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Oct 12th '09, 03:22

No no no, RED was a pretty mess.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Oct 12th '09, 07:21

$lave wrote:. . . or for that matter making a scenario before your first real solo map. You'd really probably be better off getting better with infinity, and those graphics before doing anything with your own. Unless your goal is to create an ugly mess, of course.


He speaks the truth. Generally you have to make some bad maps to learn your weakness. Don't commit yourself and waste your time on a scenario. Believe me after a few months or more take a step back you may find your work regrettable.
words
User avatar

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Oct 12th '09, 08:40

Pfheil wrote:No no no, RED was a pretty mess.


RED had, undeniably, the most awesome monsters ever to exist, and infact I've always wanted to use some in my own scenarios. But, RED's monsters were mostly done in 3D.

I would recommend making an attempt to do 3D, rather than learning to photoshop better. I made my hound when I thought I was pretty good, and it sucked ass. I tried again on a different monster a few months ago, and that sucked too.

The finest non-3D sprites I've seen in a scenario are definately Rubi's, and they worked because Scott Brown was godly at making them.
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Oct 12th '09, 17:00

Bobwithkeycard wrote:yeah, I know how you feel. I'd code a Bridges & Balcony version of A1, but the doorknob to my computer room is broken.

Man, that sucks. Have you considered building a new house?
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate
User avatar

Drictelt

Post Oct 12th '09, 18:22

I'd help, but I'm only good at drafting on paper.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Oct 12th '09, 18:23

Drictelt wrote:Man, that sucks. Have you considered building a new house?


YES! I already made a sketch and everything in paint.exe, but so far no carpenters, wall builders and the like have volunteered.
Image
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain
User avatar

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Oct 12th '09, 18:58

Pfheil wrote:Well. I can do some of that stuff, but not super well. I have a pretty cell-shaded cartoon style. You should see my weapons sprites. I haven't attempted monster sprites or textures yet.

What exactly do you need/want/dream about.


RPG, Silenced Pistol, Sawed-off Shotgun, Silenced rifle, Cattle Prod, Silenced SMG, combat knife/stiletto/switchblade (in hand only), grenade.

$lave wrote:Sprite creation is a pretty huge undertaking, without a solid scenario well in progress (with proof, of course) I'm afraid you won't likely find any help. I wouldn't recommend making custom monsters for your first scenario, though, or for that matter making a scenario before your first real solo map. You'd really probably be better off getting better with infinity, and those graphics before doing anything with your own. Unless your goal is to create an ugly mess, of course.


I've already mapped one solo map, but the zone borders are not working, and one tile activates farther than i want it to. Plus, I'll have to resize the windows so some ticks can fly in.

I'd like to have most of the monsters and weapons done before making the maps for the game, because I need to figure out balance and all that for the enemies/weapons.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 12th '09, 19:45

WastdJamacan wrote:I've already mapped one solo map, but the zone borders are not working, and one tile activates farther than i want it to. Plus, I'll have to resize the windows so some ticks can fly in.

I'd like to have most of the monsters and weapons done before making the maps for the game, because I need to figure out balance and all that for the enemies/weapons.


But, to the best of my knowledge, you haven't made one good solo map. I don't really have a problem with you going ahead and trying, but a scenario is a very large undertaking, and no one wants to play a scenario which isn't of a relatively high quality. I also am not willing to review all of a mediocre (or bad) scenario, I probably wouldn't review (or play) more than one or two maps of it anyway.
User avatar

$lave

Post Oct 12th '09, 19:52

$lave wrote:But, to the best of my knowledge, you haven't made one good solo map. I don't really have a problem with you going ahead and trying, but a scenario is a very large undertaking, and no one wants to play a scenario which isn't of a relatively high quality. I also am not willing to review all of a mediocre (or bad) scenario, I probably wouldn't review (or play) more than one or two maps of it anyway.


I still haven't released the one I am working on.

Oh, and i don't see what's wrong here. The monters in teh corner are the only ones that are activated besides teh ones supposed to activate. But they shouldn't be activating.
Attachments
zoning_issues.jpg
zoning_issues.jpg (105.42 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 12th '09, 20:30

Zoom out more if you want us to help. It's likely you have a leakage somewhere else on the map.
Last edited by goran on Oct 12th '09, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

goran

Post Oct 12th '09, 20:56

Goran wrote:Zoom out more if you want us to help. It's likely you have a leakage somewhere else on the map.

k
Attachments
zoning_issues2.jpg
zoning_issues2.jpg (228.91 KiB) Viewed 5324 times
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 12th '09, 20:56

no, the red mettaloids were scribbles with eyes. just saying.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
User avatar

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Oct 12th '09, 21:17

found it. down two polygons, right one from my position, below it is a window that connected to the other one.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 19th '09, 23:42

"RPG, Silenced Pistol, Sawed-off Shotgun, Silenced rifle, Cattle Prod, Silenced SMG, combat knife/stiletto/switchblade (in hand only), grenade."

Ah, I see this now. Let's break this down.
1: What time period and location does this take place in.
2: Do you mean like RPG-7? Or just a generic rocket launcher?
3: Silenced Pistol, Silenced Rifle, Silenced SMG... stealth game?
4: Use the knives from Apotheosis! Or don't.
5: Defaul marathon hands?
6: Grenade, eh? Interesting.
7: I'm not even going in to cattle prod.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Oct 20th '09, 03:10

Pfheil wrote:"RPG, Silenced Pistol, Sawed-off Shotgun, Silenced rifle, Cattle Prod, Silenced SMG, combat knife/stiletto/switchblade (in hand only), grenade."

Ah, I see this now. Let's break this down.
1: What time period and location does this take place in.
2: Do you mean like RPG-7? Or just a generic rocket launcher?
3: Silenced Pistol, Silenced Rifle, Silenced SMG... stealth game?
4: Use the knives from Apotheosis! Or don't.
5: Defaul marathon hands?
6: Grenade, eh? Interesting.
7: I'm not even going in to cattle prod.


K i sent a faulty pm to you. ignore it pl0x.

1. Kinda futuristic, but keep it looking like present weapons as well. Location is Earth and other colonies, but mostly Earth.
2. Yes, like an RPG-7
3. Kindof. the silenced is more for looks and sound
4. Never played the scenario...
5. Actually, If they could be gloved black (like the tight gloves that don't really keep your hands warm unless they are under other gloves) that would be great
6. Yes.
7. There will be a point where you have to get creative... that's where the cattle prod comes in.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 20th '09, 17:00

"2. Yes, like an RPG-7"
No use-ies in spaceship, ok?

Cattle prod + Creative = I have bad dreams because of you.

I'll see what I can sketch up, if it looks good, I'll potentially model it.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Next

Return to Projects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users