Screenshot Oddities

Marathon related contests and tournaments.
Dugit
Vidmaster

I've been having some weird things happening with Aleph One lately, and I thought I'd put them up here for all to see. Then I thought: Why not let others show their... previous oddities?

The attached images are all my best efforts to get the ball rolling...

The first one is a subtle oddity that anyone can reproduce: killing a Bob through the glass (on Evil's level Cryo Me To Sleep). I've found this is possible anywhere, as long as the person is within fist range.
The second one is a hypervision glitch. Everything works apart from the walls turning blue. Cool glitch.
The third is a double glitch. I played a 3rd Party Map (not one of my own) on the Eternal X scenario base, and I could pick up two of every single-held weapon (2x Havoc Rifle) and three of every double-held weapon (3x Gravitronic Blades). A general glitch I see here is how the Gravitronic Blades appear in Invincibility mode.

Vale,
Dugit
Attachments
Picture_12.png
Picture_12.png (1000.9 KiB) Viewed 14834 times
Picture_10.png
Picture_10.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 14829 times
Picture_3.png
Picture_3.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 14843 times
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 22nd '09, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit wrote:I've been having some weird things happening with Aleph One lately, and I thought I'd put them up here for all to see. Then I thought: Why not let others show their... previous oddities?

The attached images are all my best efforts to get the ball rolling...

The first one is a subtle oddity that anyone can reproduce: killing a Bob through the glass (on Evil's level Cryo Me To Sleep). I've found this is possible anywhere, as long as the person is within fist range.
The second one is a hypervision glitch. Everything works apart from the walls turning blue. Cool glitch.
The third is a double glitch. I played a 3rd Party Map (not one of my own) on the Eternal X scenario base, and I could pick up two of every single-held weapon (2x Havoc Rifle) and three of every double-held weapon (3x Gravitronic Blades). A general glitch I see here is how the Gravitronic Blades appear in Invincibility mode.

Vale,
Dugit
For some reason none of these attachments are showing up for me...

irons
Vidmaster

WHY IS THIS A POLL
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Dugit
Vidmaster

Kurinn wrote:For some reason none of these attachments are showing up for me...
Have you tried clicking them? If that does not work, then I don't know what the problem is. Try a larger window or a different Internet Browser; or refreshing the page.

Here are the links to the pics; if these don't work then I don't know what's wrong.

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

Edit: The links work fine for me. How about any of your screenshot oddities, Kurinn, W'rk, irons?
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 22nd '09, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

treellama
Vidmaster

Before I post any screenshots, I need to know: which is this, a contest, or a tournament?
Last edited by treellama on Dec 22nd '09, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Dugit
Vidmaster

It's a quasi-contest, now that you've mentioned it. The best in-game oddity screenshot not posted by me wins. The deadline is the new year (before the 1st January).

Vale,
Dugit
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 22nd '09, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Funny how this screenshot applies in pretty much any situation.

Dugit
Vidmaster

Seeming as that's the only entry so far (and I like it), that's the winner so far.

Dugit
Vidmaster

Dugit wrote:It's a quasi-contest, now that you've mentioned it. The best in-game oddity screenshot not posted by me wins. The deadline is the new year (before the 1st January).

Vale,
Dugit
So, can someone apart from W'rk post something odd?

irons
Vidmaster

EDIT:

Last edited by irons on Dec 22nd '09, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Dugit
Vidmaster

I going to assume that that's a fluke (what that guy did- was that guy you or someone else?), so it's entered. Wow that's cool. [MAngry]

*this post is directed at the first pic*
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 22nd '09, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

irons
Vidmaster

It's not a "fluke" if you mean it happened by chance. Marathon has always had the "changing direction in mid-air" "feature." In this case, "hotmodal" just happened to use it to cheat Mordekai out of a kill. But it is a spectacular occurrence.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Is "hotmodal" quoted because hotmodal is erfe?
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
Dugit
Vidmaster

irons wrote:It's not a "fluke" if you mean it happened by chance. Marathon has always had the "changing direction in mid-air" "feature." In this case, "hotmodal" just happened to use it to cheat Mordekai out of a kill. But it is a spectacular occurrence.
This is meant to be for oddities. Not for deliberate occurrences. Sorry there, but I can't judge this one.

Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

What happened to all of TL's pictures? Anyway, better keep the lolephone show moving along.

Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Dec 22nd '09, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Nice [MSmile] . That one's entered.

"Next, please"

*** Note that I am partial also to subtle lolephone screenshots, where only a mildly (or more) seasoned player would see the oddity and chuckle at it. ***
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 22nd '09, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Vidmaster

Dugit wrote:*** Note that I am partial also to subtle lolephone screenshots, where only a mildly (or more) seasoned player would see the oddity and chuckle at it. ***
What a narrow subtlety window, where a mildly unseasoned player wouldn't see it, and you would. No wonder I was disqualified.
Last edited by treellama on Dec 22nd '09, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Dugit wrote:*** Note that I am partial also to subtle lolephone screenshots, where only a mildly (or more) seasoned player would see the oddity and chuckle at it. ***
Treellama wrote:What a narrow subtlety window, where a mildly unseasoned player wouldn't see it, and you would. No wonder I was disqualified.
I disqualified you because you didn't post oddities. Anyway, you are far more the seasoned player than I.
Well, maybe a newbie might spot it. I don't know.

Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Oh, I didn't know you were looking for subtle things. How is this?

Dugit
Vidmaster

W wrote:Oh, I didn't know you were looking for subtle things. How is this?
I'm looking for the huge wtf glitch and that subtle little something. Both are fine, but at least find the subtle thing actually quite surprising, or it won't have a chance of winning.

And yes, that's plenty subtle enough. It's entered.

irons
Vidmaster

What about my "what is version 3?" image? That was a totally unexpected game-breaker.
treellama
Vidmaster

Dugit wrote:I disqualified you because you didn't post oddities.
I did, and you proceeded to ask why they are odd. That's how I knew how narrow the window is.
Dugit
Vidmaster

irons wrote:What about my "what is version 3?" image? That was a totally unexpected game-breaker.
It's been entered.

Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hows this?
[attachment=3433:screenshot_0013.jpg]
Never worked out why this happened lol