Night Time Lh'owon

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Jan 1st '10, 08:24

gmanyo wrote:You can, apparently, get them off of your xbox somehow. Were you the one that posted the tutorial?

http://www.pfhorums.com/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=69475
Last edited by Insomniac on Jan 2nd '10, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.

Insomniac

Post Jan 1st '10, 11:03

Since I don't have an XBox, would someone care to upload the new landscapes, for the novelty?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 1st '10, 18:47

Dugit wrote:Since I don't have an XBox, would someone care to upload the new landscapes, for the novelty?

Treellama wrote:Please do not ask for a copy of the data files--we will not distribute them.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Jan 1st '10, 20:19

I wasn't asking for the entire data file, just a picture of the new XBLA landscapes.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 2nd '10, 05:29

Is 1024 x 540 the maximum resolution for the landscapes? I'm trying to get all of the landscape images out of the game in perfect quality and the daytime one that Sharkie posted was 1021 x 573.

Insomniac

Post Jan 2nd '10, 07:08

All the ('custom' 16-bit) landscape images in the Shapes file are 540x1024 pixels. I only had Infinity's shapes handy, but I'd be shocked if M2 were different.
Last edited by Crater Creator on Jan 2nd '10, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.

Crater Creator

Post Jan 3rd '10, 06:40

Are the landscapes in the XBLA version higher resolution? If they are than I really need them. :P

If they can be mapped to a cube without distortion or stretching that would also be great.

Insomniac

Post Jan 3rd '10, 08:35

Insomniac wrote:Are the landscapes in the XBLA version higher resolution? If they are than I really need them. :P

Then why haven't you bought them? The rest of us don't care at all.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 3rd '10, 09:01

W wrote:Then why haven't you bought them? The rest of us don't care at all.

Well first off because I don't have an Xbox 360. Second off, even if I had an Xbox 360 I wouldn't buy the game just for the landscapes. I refuse to pay for a game that is legally free, especially when that game is 15 years old. No matter how good Marathon 2: Durandal (Or any of the Marathon games for that matter) is, it's not worth $10 - $25 for the same game with a few graphical enhancements. Especially when you can get those graphical enhancements on the Aleph One version thanks to this: http://www.simplici7y.com/items/marathon-2...ncement-scripts

In my personal opinion, the XBLA version isn't any better than Aleph One besides from the HD graphics which only looks good in some cases (The bloom, enhanced weapons, etc.) where in other cases it actually looks pretty stupid (The monsters for instance). I was going off of Treellama's opinion that the XBLA landscapes looked better but after seeing them myself I decided that I disagree.

In fact I want the landscapes if, and only if, they are a higher resolution (Which I still don't know if they are or not). And even if they are, they don't look as good as the originals. When I said I "Need" them, it's not like I'll die without them. My intention was to port them over to Sauerbraten so that I could use it along with this: http://quadropolis.us/node/1991

I needed a higher resolution so that it would be easier to map it to a cube. This is because Sauerbraten uses 6 piece skyboxes for it's skies. I've always wanted to make a Marathon map in Sauer but I would need the landscapes as well.

I didn't think it would be extremely difficult for someone who had the landscapes to upload them. After all, like Dugit said, it's not like we're asking you to upload the entire game. I figured it was harmless but if it's too much to ask and the only other option is to pay for it, then I don't want it.

Insomniac

Post Jan 3rd '10, 09:35

Insomniac wrote:After all, like Dugit said, it's not like we're asking you to upload the entire game. I figured it was harmless but if it's too much to ask and the only other option is to pay for it, then I don't want it.

Yeah, OK then. If it is above a simple upload, then I don't really mind not having them.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 3rd '10, 09:41

I'm sorry, but that was actually a rhetorical question. Whether you feel they are worth buying or not is completely up to you. The fact remains, none of us care, so please shut the hell up. Thanks.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 3rd '10, 09:45

W wrote:so please shut the hell up.

We are.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 3rd '10, 09:48

Also, I'm sorry there's no good place for this, but I felt it was truly worth preserving.
Attachments
dugit.png
dugit.png (166.9 KiB) Viewed 3785 times
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Jan 3rd '10, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 3rd '10, 09:54

I post a lot during my day because there is hardly anyone else active at the same time as me. So I make the most of it, since I rarely take part in an active topic.
Last edited by Dugit on Jan 3rd '10, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Previous

Return to Artwork and Music