Marathon Trojan revival?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Feb 9th '10, 06:02

SynthNinja wrote:I guess that's one scenario I won't be playing, unless it is somehow ported to A1.


irons posted an a1 sampler of trojan on his site if you look a few posts up. I hadn't had time to check it out but that should suffice.
riserobotrise

Post Feb 9th '10, 15:10

I think he was talking about Trojan/M2, which is a complete port of the original Trojan.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Feb 9th '10, 16:29

I'm not terribly interested in playing the demo, to be honest. I'd like to see the whole thing once it is finished. I'm willing to wait.

I think he was talking about Trojan/M2, which is a complete port of the original Trojan.


Yeah, I was.
Last edited by SynthNinja on Feb 9th '10, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Feb 9th '10, 17:51

The "Demo" is not a demo of the original Trojan ported to Infinity. It was going to be a new Trojan game, but the creators moved on before they finished it. As such, there will be no "whole thing" and waiting to play it until it is finished means you'll wait forever. In my opinion, it's still worth playing just to see an atmospheric level. The zipfile makes it pretty easy to play.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Feb 9th '10, 17:53

Thanks, I'll check it out.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Feb 9th '10, 20:39

SynthNinja wrote:Thanks, I'll check it out.


well since its already been avalible on the PC version of M2, I might go ahead and check on the editors over there and see what can be done to ultimatly port it over.

I wish hamish would come back even briefly, I don't think he'd want to see his project die in obscurity.
riserobotrise

Post Feb 9th '10, 20:49

irons wrote:Hamish and team have expressly said they are done with Trojan forever. There was an aborted Infinity demo available on Fileball some time ago whose readme said this in no uncertain terms. They also forbade anyone else from updating Trojan in any way.


riserobotrise wrote:well since its already been avalible on the PC version of M2, I might go ahead and check on the editors over there and see what can be done to ultimatly port it over.

I wish hamish would come back even briefly, I don't think he'd want to see his project die in obscurity.


Are you unable to read or something?
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Feb 9th '10, 23:29

maybe I wasn't clear enough. I didn't say I was going to port it over, but it see what options there was for it to be made easy, granted somebody get in contact with someone from the original Trojan team to do so, but seeing how their website is over 10 years old I don't think it is, but it never hurts to try.
riserobotrise

Post Aug 6th '10, 09:22

ok you know what? YOU CAN PLAY TROJAN AND ITS EASY.

1: download trojan M2 http://orbitalarm.bungie.org/

2: download M2 windows http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

3: download a ISO disk image mounter http://isodisk.com/

4: get a serial number for M2 http://marathon.bungie.org/maraserialgen/

5: after you follow the instructions and install trojan, you can use the game files on A1

Enjoy!!!

P.S.

Mount marathon2.iso with Isodisk.

P.P.S. if someone has already posted something similar to this please correct me. Thanks!
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 10:33

FlashMan1294 wrote:ok you know what? YOU CAN PLAY TROJAN AND ITS EASY.

1: download trojan M2 http://orbitalarm.bungie.org/

2: download M2 windows http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

3: download a ISO disk image mounter http://isodisk.com/

4: get a serial number for M2 http://marathon.bungie.org/maraserialgen/

5: after you follow the instructions and install trojan, you can use the game files on A1

Enjoy!!!

P.S.

Mount marathon2.iso with Isodisk.

P.P.S. if someone has already posted something similar to this please correct me. Thanks!


...

Can you pretty please make a download of the finished product?
Trojan has always failed for me.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Aug 6th '10, 10:39

It's never worked for me either. Can someone just upload the shapes, physics and map files so I can just play them on Infinity?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Aug 6th '10, 12:23

MoppyPuppy wrote:...

Can you pretty please make a download of the finished product?
Trojan has always failed for me.


did you at least try my instructions first?
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 12:43

FlashMan1294 wrote:ok you know what? YOU CAN PLAY TROJAN AND ITS EASY.

1: download trojan M2 http://orbitalarm.bungie.org/

2: download M2 windows http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

3: download a ISO disk image mounter http://isodisk.com/

4: get a serial number for M2 http://marathon.bungie.org/maraserialgen/

5: after you follow the instructions and install trojan, you can use the game files on A1

Enjoy!!!

P.S.

Mount marathon2.iso with Isodisk.

P.P.S. if someone has already posted something similar to this please correct me. Thanks!


1st: THanks for sharing this, however Me and all other 64 bit windows users will be unable to do these steps mainly since we cant use the damn installer on the .ISO

I guess that you can do this since you posted the steps, would you mind uploading the major files in a .zip and link it here?
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 6th '10, 12:45

CryoS wrote:1st: THanks for sharing this, however Me and all other 64 bit windows users will be unable to do these steps mainly since we cant use the damn installer on the .ISO

What...64-bit Windows can run 32-bit executables.
Last edited by treellama on Aug 6th '10, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 6th '10, 12:46

CryoS wrote:1st: THanks for sharing this, however Me and all other 64 bit windows users will be unable to do these steps mainly since we cant use the damn installer on the .ISO

I guess that you can do this since you posted the steps, would you mind uploading the major files in a .zip and link it here?


wait you cant use the installer? bummer. i thought all of us windows dudes had xp. ok tell me where i can upload it and i can help you guys out.

EDIT: ok my m2 iso is corrupted and apparently my link no longer has it. TORRENT TIME

EDIT 2: Apparently its at the bottom of the page. whoops
Last edited by FlashMan1294 on Aug 6th '10, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 12:56

Treellama wrote:What...64-bit Windows can run 32-bit executables.


[attachment=4040:hejhejhej.jpg]
It says:
Unable to run program or function
\xx\xx\INSTALL\SETUP.EXE becasue its not compatable with 64bit windows
contact the distributor or ask for a compatalbe version

oh and its a 16-bit EXE

FlashMan1294 wrote:wait you cant use the installer? bummer. i thought all of us windows dudes had xp. ok tell me where i can upload it and i can help you guys out.


Well i suppose you can upload it to simplici7y or fileball...
Fileball link
Simplici7y link
Attachments
hejhejhej.jpg
hejhejhej.jpg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Last edited by CryoS on Aug 6th '10, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 6th '10, 12:59

Every time I read Swedish, I understand why you guys are the way you are.

This executable should still run in XP mode, if you shelled out for a decent (and I use that term generously) version of Windows. If not, I guess you're out of luck--unless you can get the Trojan authors to give someone permission to upload a new version.
Last edited by treellama on Aug 6th '10, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:04

Treellama wrote:This executable should still run in XP mode, if you shelled out for a decent (and I use that term generously) version of Windows. If not, I guess you're out of luck--unless you can get the Trojan authors to give someone permission to upload a new version.


Guess I'm out of luck then, when i put it in XP mode it just kept saying "stopped working time to close"

Treellama wrote:Every time I read Swedish, I understand why you guys are the way you are.

was that an insult?
Last edited by CryoS on Aug 6th '10, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:10

CryoS wrote:Guess I'm out of luck then, when i put it in XP mode it just kept saying "stopped working time to close"
was that an insult?


do not fear! i am on the case! (do i need to make a profile for simplicy?)

this just shows how worthwhile it is to keep an xp box around
Last edited by FlashMan1294 on Aug 6th '10, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:12

FlashMan1294 wrote:(do i need to make a profile for simplic7y?)


[attachment=4041:hejx3.jpg]

apparently.
Attachments
hejx3.jpg
hejx3.jpg (5.06 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:15

CryoS wrote:was that an insult?

It was a joke. I used to work for Ericsson :)

FlashMan1294 wrote:do not fear! i am on the case! (do i need to make a profile for simplicy?)

Will you please read the entire thread first. The Trojan developers specifically said they did not want to see this.
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:17

Treellama wrote:It was a joke. I used to work for Ericsson :)
Will you please read the entire thread first. The Trojan developers specifically said they did not want to see this.


really? damn. is there anything else i could do?
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:19

Treellama wrote:It was a joke. I used to work for Ericsson :)

Ah i see now. hehe

Treellama wrote:Will you please read the entire thread first. The Trojan developers specifically said they did not want to see this.

I am probably mistaken but i read it as they forbade people to update it?
Last edited by CryoS on Aug 6th '10, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:23

CryoS wrote:Ah i see now. hehe
I am probably mistaken but i read it as they forbade people to update it?


is the trojan installer 32 bit or 16bit? cause if its 32 bit i can just send you the installed version of m2 and you can install trojan
User avatar

FlashMan1294
Nopelaw Jones

Post Aug 6th '10, 13:28

CryoS wrote:I am probably mistaken but i read it as they forbade people to update it?

No, they very clearly said they did not want anyone to release a version compatible with Aleph One, unless it was them.
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

PreviousNext

Return to Projects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users