EFM OOC/Support

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
irons
Vidmaster

Marathoner325 wrote:No answer. He gave an exasperated sigh. God damn, is anyone left on this ship? He thought.
But then, just behind the door across from him, shouted a panicked voice, "Don't shoot! We're coming!"
Gerald looked up with a new glimmer of hope.
"Who's there?" He spluttered. The automatic door in front of him opened, and in stepped a short, stocky man in blue overalls?must have been part of the Science Department?with pale skin and dark hair.
Standing behind him was a tall, well-built man whose orange jumpsuit was grubby and stained with blood, and his bright red hair was a greasy and tangled mess.
"My name's Harley?this is my brother, Dylan." Said the shorter man;
"We heard that this area had less combat happening in it than most other local parts of the ship, so we were going to hole up here, get some supplies, and maybe look for a way off this hell-hole and get back to the colony."
"I'm Gerald," Gerald said; "I was going to head for one of the escape pod bays, but the closest one was ruptured from the blast from Pfhor's ship that folded into the system."
He then noticed that Dylan's jumpsuit had the label "Level Three Technician" across the breast pocket.
"Dylan," Gerald said; "Do you think you could make any repairs to the escape pods if needed?"
Dylan didn't answer.
"Dylan?"
Harley stepped closer to Gerald.
"Dylan hasn't uttered a word since the Pfhor got here," He whispered gravely.
Suddenly they heard the familiar sounds of unintelligible chatter coming from the next room.
"Dammit," Gerald hissed. "Follow me."
But next they heard sounds of gunfire, and the dying screams of the Pfhor warriors. The door opened, and lying on the ground were two Pfhor corpses, with their staffs still in their hands. The group cautiously peered around the doorway. Clearly someone wouldn't allow them-self to be a prisoner to the Pfhor.
The sections in bold indicate where you are "godmoding," which is to say, you're controlling someone else's character. I don't think you realized this, so it's OK, but what you should do is write whatever your character(s) want to do and wait for the rest to react. I'd appreciate it if you changed your post to reflect these ideas.

ellio7t wrote:"Hey Marcus" said Private Hicks. "Hello, Hicks" said Marcus.
"So how you feelin?" asked Hicks. "I feel a bit whoosy" said Marcus.
Private Hicks immediatly raised his magnum to Marcus.
Reported.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Marathoner325
Cyborg

irons wrote:I don't think you realized this, so it's OK, but what you should do is write whatever your character(s) want to do and wait for the rest to react. I'd appreciate it if you changed your post to reflect these ideas.
This is my first time partaking in a forums role-playing game, so pardon me if I do something that isn't really part of normal role-playing conduct. So assuming that this game is going to be following the format of a short-story, would this be more appropriate?

----
But then, just behind the door across from him, shouted a panicked voice, "Don't shoot! We're coming!"
The automatic door in front of him opened, and in stepped a short, stocky man in blue overalls?must have been part of the Science Department?with pale skin and dark hair.
Standing behind him was a tall, well-built man whose orange jumpsuit was grubby and stained with blood, and his bright red hair was a greasy and tangled mess.
"My name's Harley?this is my brother, Dylan." Said the shorter man;
"We heard that this area had less combat happening in it than most other local parts of the ship, so we were going to hole up here, get some supplies, and maybe look for a way off this hell-hole and get back to the colony."
----

Just give me your approval and I'll replace my old post with this one, or change it more according to whatever it should look like.
EDIT: It would seem CryoS beat me to it. :P
Last edited by Marathoner325 on Mar 11th '10, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
irons
Vidmaster

Don't worry about it, but would what be appropriate?
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Marathoner325
Cyborg

irons wrote:Don't worry about it, but would what be appropriate?
The shortened version of my Escape From Marathon post I had made, revised so it doesn't include the parts where I "godmoded" your character. I was asking if it was more appropriate for a forums role-playing game rather than the first one I posted.
irons
Vidmaster

I know I would prefer the altered version, but to be honest, I'm new to this too, so things might change. Thanks for working on it! You'll probably want to wait a few "turns" before popping up, maybe in time for a dramatic entrance, since Cryos put his character into play. I'll try to give you openings as well. Looks good though!
Last edited by irons on Mar 11th '10, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.
CryoS
Vidmaster

and if irons doesnt beat me to it, ill give you a hole aswell.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
CryoS
Vidmaster

note that i did a quick editing to my latest post in the topic, i noticed that one sentence didnt make any sence. fixed that now.
irons
Vidmaster

Looks like Goran dropped in, but I've got some ideas to give Marathoner325 an opening in a bit.
CryoS
Vidmaster

i now reacted to the orange thing behind me. surley i wait for goran to put his cowbar in the back of it! :)

on another note:
i think this was a good idea irons, i enjoy it so far and cant wait to see how it escalates.
irons
Vidmaster

Good work, Marathoner. We'll save your dude in just a little while. I'm going away for now, but hopefully Robertsson will follow Mr. Perkins and they can find two more people to help them out. See you guys again tomorrow.
Marathoner325
Cyborg

Sounds good. Can't wait to see how this is going to turn out. :)
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

I had to start and stop a few time to make my entry, but this a fun exercise :)

What do you think about creating a cast of characters with a brief bio/status in this thread or another?
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
CryoS
Vidmaster

i think your last post is a nice one marathonner. i think we shoyuld wait for irons and goran to reach us before we continue there.

effingy, good post. i suppose the coming posts will be us keeping marathonner alive as we find you.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Thanks. The ending was a little rushed, he should have seen something in through the grille i think and passed it off as a side effect of the drugs he had taken.

Are we ignoring Moppy's impossible situation, because I have an out?
Thanks [?$lave]
Last edited by effigy on Mar 11th '10, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
irons
Vidmaster

Hey guys, I suddenly have to take care of a bunch of stuff other than this. Feel free to go on without me, as it looks like you are doing, and if anyone wants a ready-made character, he can take Gerald Perkins. Or perhaps he can be a communal player-character! Anyway, have fun!
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Because things are getting slightly confusing, I thought I'd go over things real quick here. Short descriptions are given. Characters are listed in order of appearance. IF I MISREPRESENT YOUR CHARACTER, PLEASE SAY SO.

Gerald Perkins - irons
Junior engineer who is currently part of a group going ammo hunting. Seems a bit helpless compared to the other characters, being just an engineer.

Simon Robertsson - CryoS
Apparently a confident, gung-ho buff kinda guy. A "Serious Sam" character in some ways. He joins up with Gerald early on (they are the first two in the group). They meet a strange orange cloaked being, and Gerald wastes one of his two rounds on killing it. They go ammo hunting and get a couple more people with them shortly.

Jodoc Paol - Goarn
Hates people in general; a rough guy. Apparently has a rep of being hated as well. First eavesdrops on the group (at that point composed of Gerald and Simon), then joins it. He lies and tells them that his name is Sid in case they have heard of him.

Harley Daniels - Marathoner325
Although usually a courageous and calm (but physically weak) man, recent conditions nearly forced him to suicide with his ancient revolver with only one bullet left (apparently the pfhor killed "Angelica", possibly his former girlfriend). Fortunately, he hears Simon and joins up with the group (then consisting of Gerald, Simon and Jodoc aka Sid). Has no hearing in his left ear due to an injury during the attack.

Samuel Fattman - W'rkncacnter
Character currently not associated with the group who is in his room with his slightly stupid pet defense drone, which nearly kills him trying to shoot aliens. Not much is known about him yet other than his splitting headache and distain for his pet.

Marty MacLeary - effigy
A doctor on the ship who just watched one of his nurses die at the hands of an alien. Took some drugs to help cope. Crawled into an overhead air vent to inspect the situation outside the medical room in the hallway and found nobody. Although we don't know too much about his personality, he has an interesting backstory about his life as a child, and wanting to grow up to be a doctor. Currently is not part of the group.

Matt Drovic - Dis
Matt shot his friend David to buy him some time running away from the "enforcer" attacking them. While running away, he got to a dead end at "Sector 3A crewman's mess". Unable to find a weapon, he picks up a shock staff, which shatters, leaving him with only the large crystal piece lodged in his leg to defend himself with. He pulls it out and prepares to fight. Obviously, he is not part of the group.

MoppyPuppy and Envy have both fouled. Ignore their first comments.

I'll probably add a character later, but for now, I need to get to bed.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

I was fouled?
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
ellio7t
Cyborg

Envy wrote:I was fouled?
You used another players character.
words
ellio7t
Cyborg

gmanyo wrote:Gerald Perkins - irons
Junior engineer who is currently part of a group going ammo hunting. Seems a bit helpless compared to the other characters, being just an engineer.
is also now a zombie
words
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:Hey guys, I suddenly have to take care of a bunch of stuff other than this. Feel free to go on without me, as it looks like you are doing, and if anyone wants a ready-made character, he can take Gerald Perkins. Or perhaps he can be a communal player-character! Anyway, have fun!
:'-(

I hope you [?find] more time for this..
goran
Vidmaster

So gerald perkins is up for Godmoding?
Marathoner325
Cyborg

Goran wrote:So gerald perkins is up for Godmoding?
Yes, I guess he is. One of us will most likely have to take control of Gerald eventually.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

ellio7t wrote:You used another players character.
W'rk's character is fattman but interestingly envy's post is centered on his defense drone.
Marathoner325
Cyborg

VikingBoyBilly wrote:W'rk's character is fattman but interestingly envy's post is centered on his defense drone.
Which is another one of W'rk's characters, actually.
$lave

I've moved the recent OOC/Support comments from the Escape From Marathon thread to here, as I'm pretty sure that's what this thread is for.