Marathon DS

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Post Jan 9th '10, 02:11

sgraff wrote:Not quite, you do not need to modify the DS at all. From the homebrew that I have tried, it requires a piece of hardware that adapts and bypasses the DSi's firmware and allows access to information stored in a micro SD card. The newest hardware that I am aware of is called an R4i. A normal DS or DSlite has no real firmware so it's easier to play homebrew on it.

Hm, interesting.
"Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one."
Formerly Felldoh93
My Deviantart

Caleb
Pennsylvania

Post Jan 19th '10, 11:20

dude, thats fucking awesome, I would seriously want that on my DS.

There's a doom port to the DS as well, just an interesting fact.
riserobotrise

Post Jan 30th '10, 17:43

infestedsmith wrote:Very interesting. I don't own a DS, but it looks very cool. I don't think Marathon is "dead" or "dying". Games don't just die even if the community is small or lacking. People are able to play Marathon, there's a UT marathon mod, my game (the only stand-alone) there's the XBLA game, Marathon: Durandal. The lack of activity in the Pfhorums and Story Forums areas are not an indication of a dying game. I highly doubt most people who play Marathon are going to be posting a lot here, or the SF.

You might do us the favor of rotating the image though, haha. :P

I have 24/7 accesss to a ds, I wouldn't say the marathon is dead, but the community is harder to find then other games in some cases. Anyway, if this game went on the shelves, I would certianly purchase it.
Exodus2002

Post Jan 30th '10, 21:10

Why purchase it if you can download it?
It's this revolutionary new thing called... 'freeware'.
jks
I probably would buy it, if i could be bothered. I haven't bought a DS game for months.
Fishman92

Post Jan 31st '10, 03:27

Fishman92 wrote:Why purchase it if you can download it?
It's this revolutionary new thing called... 'freeware'.
jks
I probably would buy it, if i could be bothered. I haven't bought a DS game for months.

I know you were just kidding, I say Purchase because I don't see why he would go through all that programing, buy all the DS game chips and not charge anything, though that would be nice. I wonder if he will finish and distribute it.
Exodus2002

Post Jan 31st '10, 15:15

I am pretty confident such DS marathon port would be released as "Homebrew" game and not in the official circuit. It would require using "linker" devices sgraff talked about, there are no available "blank chips".
irons wrote:
QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM)
LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS

Vladtepes
Nantes, France

Post May 31st '10, 22:48

This may be grave diggin but if anyone had links to the place where i could download any of the roms i would be much obliged. if you cant post them plz email them to me thx.
I'm am a nobody, and since nobody is perfect I'm perfect.
C0NFU53D2
your imagaination

Post Jun 1st '10, 00:12

http://postpose.com/dbarrie/MDS/

He said it was really slow or something, though.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 2nd '10, 00:54

thx i really appreciate it, even if it is slow
I'm am a nobody, and since nobody is perfect I'm perfect.
C0NFU53D2
your imagaination

Post Aug 17th '10, 00:08

great project this guy is doing

(spitballing moment)
what if someone at bungie saw this, and suggested it to bungie......we could have a frickin official marathon ds game
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:57 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - WR
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 15:42 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB

TBCR
Raleigh,NC

Post Aug 17th '10, 01:14

There might even be a book spinoff series.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post Aug 17th '10, 01:23

dont forget the action figures!
Last edited by CryoS on Aug 17th '10, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 17th '10, 20:32

or the cartoon. dont forget the cartoon!
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:57 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - WR
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 15:42 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB

TBCR
Raleigh,NC

Post Aug 31st '10, 13:36

Don't forget the appearance of a Pfhor Juggernaut assist trophy in the next Super Smash Bros.
EwoudCP

Post Aug 31st '10, 14:56

EwoudCP wrote:Don't forget the appearance of a Pfhor Juggernaut assist trophy in the next Super Smash Bros.

Dude, that would be awesome!
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!

President People

Previous

Return to Marathon Discussion