Marathon:4 Pathways into Time

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
jojo
Born on Board

Marathon Durandal Vs Tycho is getting a new facelift with new concepts of the guns ect., which will be shown later in the post but first I'd like to talk about the games new features. First I'll talk about the pfhor. So, the pfhor will first of all be getting a revision of there look while also getting new guns/weapons ect. they will aslo be getting stronger and have more devisions for example a trooper,assualt trooper,genaral,ect.
Oh, and also zombie pfhor wich tycho may have something to do with 'hint'. As for the gameplay we hope to include jumping/crouching and a tad faster paced gameplay. And we will be creating a whole new line up of guns for Marathon Durandal Vs Tycho. As for the graphics in the game we are going to replace most if not all of the sprites textures ect. in the game if possible.
We hope this is most badass Marathon game ever! Here is some of the gun concepts so far we should be able to update soon.

Marathon Durandal vs Tycho Art Concepts
http://s1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg640/Lolman1171/
Last edited by jojo on Jun 2nd '12, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
Switch
Vidmaster

Hey USMC-MC [MSmile] Welcome to the Pfhroums.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

wow thats really bad said the cyborg i see your taking requests so you should put
ellio7t
Cyborg

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:a title witch we made in a couple hours
The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:we are hoping we will get it done in 1 to 2 years
accurate deadlines at this pace
words
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

Can you tell me anything about the storyline other than "zombie pfhor"?
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Will it include [gay] clan support?
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:Sorry i can not tell you that its for you to speculate and for me to know (:
I might be interested in helping out, but not if I don't know what i'm getting into.
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:on the unreal engine 3 it will feature fully 3d modles a full 3d enviroment
I think that if you put it into the Aleph One engine you could do just as much with a whole lot less work (I'm just thinking how much time it would take to make good 3D sprites). The only things you'd really lose are bridges/ balconies, but look how much other scenarios have done wthout them, they're not really necessary. The same goes for the weapons- as far as I can tell, the A1 engine only supports ten weapons, but you shouldn't need more than that. It'd also be easier to distribute to people because everyone on here already has the engine, and it has terminals built-in to many of the several level editors out there.

Other than that, if you decide to use the aleph one engine then I'd be happy to help out with the physics, and possibly story design/ terminals if there's room.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:you start by being trapped on a jajaro station and then you get a message from durandal saying that somehow the universe survived and that tycho is single handedly ruining the universe
haha, ok, who are you really
dude, seriously. dude.
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:what do i say you are right but i do not wont the same stuff thats in marathon 1..2 and 3 and i do not no how to use the aleph one?
Since the application is completely dependent on the support files (shapes, map, etc.), it's just a matter of changing those. The only one I don't know how to change is the theme, but I use forge for maps and anvil for shapes/sounds/physics.

And there is a lot you can change. Compare Eternal to M1 or Phoenix to infinity- they're just so different.
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:you tell me were to get the stuff and i will consider it if you help me Master Chief (:
Haha, okay!

Assuming you have marathon infinity, just go into the folder where the application is and you should see different files: shapes, map, sounds, theme, standard (physics). Say you download a map file and want to play it, you just drag it into that folder and select it under preferences-environment-map.

In the same way, you can make a map/scenario file with whatever utility you use, and just drag it into the folder and play it from there. Same goes for all the others. In my experience, though, the hardest part is finding the right programs to edit those files, but that depends on what computer you have.

If you want, I can PM you some of my stuff, which is mostly physics models. For examples of really good scenarios, I'd suggest Marathon Rubicon, Phoenix, and (or) Eternal.
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:ok man you got me so lets make this game on the aleph one engine were can i get a utility to make the maps and shapes and ect
The engine is here, as are the files for the three original games. I'd recommend using Infinity, just because it has another weapon slot (SMG)

You can also get them here at trilogyrelease, along with the programs Anvil and Forge. They both run only on mac os 10.3 or earlier, but they're really good (the ones I use).

In the very likely event that you don't own a Mac from the 90's, you can look at this very helpful topic about emulators and other editors.
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

thermoplyae wrote:haha, ok, who are you really
He's also got a legit metaserver presence.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

Asylum wrote:Don't know if you guys missed this, he edited his post to have this.
Why do none of the images work?
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

Asylum wrote:Just click on them on the first post, you'll see.
Oh, okay. they look pretty interesting, I especially like the idea of a laser-powered SMG.
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:ok i have a map maker if you wont to help please contact me at uescmasterchief@yahoo.com. Master Cheif (:
Wouldn't it just be easier to use the pfhorums' Private Message (pm) system?
interion
Cyborg

AttilaGeek wrote:Wouldn't it just be easier to use the pfhorums' Private Message (pm) system?
Be careful, the private message system is an unsecured communications channel. Admins like Steve can read all of your secret plans and forward them to the clique who are secretly laughing behind your back.
Image Image
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Tim wrote:Be careful, the private message system is an unsecured communications channel. Admins like Steve can read all of your secret plans and forward them to the clique who are secretly laughing behind your back.
Hey, come on. Anyone can join #alephone, if they want to be laughed at to their faces.
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

W wrote:Hey, come on. Anyone can join #alephone, if they want to be laughed at to their faces.
That's certainly optimistic.
AttilaGeek
Born on Board

Up in the header of every pfhorums page, under the marathon logo on the right side, there are four labels: Calendar, Members, Search, and Help. Under "search" and "help", there is another link that should read "0 New Messages". Click it.
TBCR
Mjolnir Mark IV

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:Marathon Durandal Vs. Tycho is the title of the game that I and a team of 2 will be creating on the aleph one it will have new guns story and new graphics this is a title we made these were made with gimp here is the first screen and what it should look like when its done http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa462/...ychoscreen1.jpg after a few seconds it will fade into this one http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa462/...ychoscreen2.jpg when just setting there it will fuzz up like a corrupted computer as it shows here http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa462/...ychoscreen3.jpg we will be putting the zombie pfhor and some other concepts from the game that did not make it we will also be tacking requests from anybody who wants something in the game if you want something in the game just post it here or if you have any questions just post it here on this topic. here is some gun concepts http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa462/.../shotgun001.jpg
and here http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa462/...lazersmg001.jpg and here http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa462/...tlancher001.jpg i will upload more later. i switched it to the aleph one because most of you can probably not run the unreal engine 3 well.
run on
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:44 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - PB
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 13:22 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB
Twitch
ellio7t
Cyborg

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:tycho is single handedly ruining the universe
Only the clique can truley single handedly ruin the marathon universe.
words
jojo
Born on Board

Were back and we hope you like the new concept art.
jojo
Born on Board

I have just uploaded a new prototype title screen in my photobucket album we would appreciate some feedback on all concept art and the brand new title screen if possible thanks.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

Calling it "Marathon 4" kind of exudes a lot of hubris, don't you think?