Checklist for Making Netmaps

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

Get your shoes on, we're going for a troll stroll.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

I think that what people need to do more often is make more original, not necessarily gimmicky, maps and map-packs. Merged physics, shape files, and MML/LUA were invented for a reason. Even if it was crude, my Zombies! mod was pretty fun to play with friends, and all you needed to play was... Nothing. The whole mod was merged into a single map file, no major changes to the engine, just some different weapons, zombie BOBs, and carnage.

I'm thinking about reinstating weekly map as a Bi-Weekly map event (gives me more time) even if my 1st week M1A1 maps were not necessarily bad. (according to the little amount of response I got for it)
I also think that shuttling some of the map traffic to other scenarios is good for the community, nobody feels left out because they can play the online experience with any scenario, for example, Rubicon is dead for multiplayer practically, and it's like pulling teeth to get an M1A1 game going, even if you pre-inform the community.
"Escape will make me God"
treellama
Vidmaster

DADDY Z3RO wrote:Rubicon is dead for multiplayer practically, and it's like pulling teeth to get an M1A1 game going, even if you pre-inform the community.
That's because the net play in those games sucks, even if you pre-inform the community.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:That's because the net play in those games sucks, even if you pre-inform the community.
I had a lot of fun in M1A1. It sucks that nobody makes maps for it, but I like it. The guns are all powerful but they aren't so imbalanced that there's any unexpected god gun, all of them are a case of "at least this powerful".
As far as Rubicon goes, once someone has a Maser, Carpet Mortar, and SPNKr, any faith in religion can be stripped from even the pope.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

DADDY Z3RO wrote:[attachment=5272:excathedra.jpg]
Attachments
excathedra.jpg
excathedra.jpg (46.82 KiB) Viewed 10813 times
Last edited by patrick on Oct 1st '11, 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ohhh Kaaayyy.
treellama
Vidmaster

DADDY Z3RO wrote:Ohhh Kaaayyy.
That was one of patrick's more overt (but still awesome) responses. He's trying to help you out, but can only go so far.
Last edited by treellama on Oct 1st '11, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:That was one of patrick's more overt (but still awesome) responses. He's trying to help you out, but can only go so far.
OH I SEE IT! Wow, a dude is pointing a Maser at the pope, I barely recognized it.
Thanks patrick.
Last edited by zero on Oct 1st '11, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

[attachment=5273:come_at_me_bob.jpg]
Attachments
come_at_me_bob.jpg
come_at_me_bob.jpg (153.12 KiB) Viewed 10816 times
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Okei U can haz hugz nao