Marathon scenario master list?

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Sphting Distance
Born on Board

To my knowledge there isn't a place where all the links for Marathon scenarios are available. I'd love any and all help compiling that list of links. If one already exists please let me know.

EDIT: Okay I did some poking and here's what I have found

Acephalosity
Apotheosis
Durandal's Son
Killing Time
Sigma Blue
Excalibur: Morgana's Revenge
Marathon: Eternal
Marathon Phoenix
List of 55 Aleph One scenarios @ Traxus
Last edited by Sphting Distance on Nov 12th '11, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Nordevai
Born on Board

S wrote:To my knowledge there isn't a place where all the links for Marathon scenarios are available. I'd love any and all help compiling that list of links. If one already exists please let me know.
Closest thing that I can think of would be the Traxus Wikia, but its not quite a complete collective of whats all out there.

What follows is a small list of both Semi-playable demo's and fully completed scenarios:

Incomplete but playable Scenario's: Warning: Some of these are more playable than othersCodename Marathon CMarathon SundancerMarathon AeonMarathon: VictumJack HammerMarathon Dave (M1A1 Scenario)Deus Vault!Marathon: Pathways into DarknessAcephalosityApotheosisDurandal's SonLeviathanMarathon and BeyondRamesesRy'adaRye CatcherSigma BlueWhat If Revenge Was A Virtue?AlexienthWhere Monsters are in DreamsArx ImmanisMarathon CerberusReturn to Marathon (For Infinity) (Unimap version Here)CopShot (For Infinity)Erodrome (For Infinity, Mature themes)
Completed Scenario's:Marathon Phoenix Marathon: W'rkncacnterMarathon SquadronBlue Fingers (if anyone has a working link or upload of this, please inform me as I am interested in playing this)Los DisneysEternal XExcalibur: Morgana's RevengeThe Grey IncidentKill Them All III: The Complete MasterworksWinter I - The VenomKill Them All!Where Angels Fear to TreadKill Them All II Trojan (For Marathon 1)Marathon Dissent (For Infinity) Blood of Bin LadenAn AI Called WandaHarkozynx9Keeping the Home Fires BurningOperation VengeancePfh'Joueur(For Infinity) (Unimap version here)The Black Series (For Infinity)The Classified 19 (For Infinity)Marathon Red (For Infinity) (Aleph One version Here)Trojan M2 (For Windows Durandal)Portal of SigmaSiege of Nor'KorhTempus IraeVacation in VilcabambaXmas - IcecaveXmas SubmarineMarathon EvilRubicon XRubicon - Xariim (for original Rubicon)Devil in a Blue Dress (For Marathon)Exalibur: Morgana's Revenge (For Marathon)Noah's Ark (For Marathon)Operation Tantalus (For Marathon)The Burning of Eden (For Marathon)Phoenix Falling (For Marathon)Marathon Cyle Returns (For Durandal) Operation Wormwood (For Durandal)Dark Rose (For Infinity)
As for what they work with (Marathon, Infinity, Aleph One, etc) I'm just remembering off the top of my head, so they may be off a bit. This in no way represents a complete list of all Marathon Scenarios, this is just all I had time for to type up. I will continue to add to this at a later time (and clean it up a bit) if there is interest in it.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Last edited by listener on Mar 28th '16, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

Nordevai wrote:Completed Scenario's:Blue Fingers (if anyone has a working link or upload of this, please inform me as I am interested in playing this)
There was actually a thread for Blauwe Vingers (that's Blue Fingers in Dutch apparently) right here on the Pfhorums that I stumbled upon a few months ago.

You can download the scenario here. The site is in Dutch; I've heard the scenario is in Dutch as well. It's also 698MB large, so you might consider finishing a couple other scenarios on the list while you wait. ;)

I haven't downloaded it yet. :P
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

698 Megabytes might be the biggest scenario I've seen.
Last edited by listener on Mar 28th '16, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Zott
Vidmaster

There was actually a thread for Blauwe Vingers
You reminded me how technically awesome that mod was. I went back to the website to check it out, and it looks like it has been updated to 1.2 with bump mapping and rain. The limits it pushes on the engine are intense. The 698 megs is compressed, you'll find it is over a Gig when installed. (High resolution sprites, Movies and 3D buildings.)
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Movies?

Is this Alephone?
Last edited by listener on Mar 28th '16, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
Nordevai
Born on Board

President People wrote:There was actually a thread for Blauwe Vingers (that's Blue Fingers in Dutch apparently) right here on the Pfhorums that I stumbled upon a few months ago.
Ah, so its back up there then. I swear I went there once and the download was down for awhile.

listener wrote:Movies?

I s this Aleph one?
That it is. As Zott said, this TC pushed the engine to its absolute limits. I remember when I watched the trailer for it the first time and I was completely blown away by what they where able to do with the Aleph One engine.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Nordevai wrote:Ah, so its back up there then. I swear I went there once and the download was down for awhile.
That it is. As Zott said, this TC pushed the engine to its absolute limits. I remember when I watched the trailer for it the first time and I was completely blown away by what they where able to do with the Aleph One engine.
But... But... How!?!?!

I was told by a certain somebody.,Cough*Treellama*Cough* that cut-scenes were impossible

Sorry about that double post.
Last edited by listener on Nov 19th '11, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

listener wrote:I was told by a certain somebody.,Cough*Treellama*Cough* that cut-scenes were impossible
What? Leave your imaginary conversations with me out of this.
L'howon
Vidmaster

listener wrote:But... But... How!?!?!

I was told by a certain somebody.,Cough*Treellama*Cough* that cut-scenes were impossible
Go play Excalibur: Morgana's Revenge. They do it to.

I'd forgotten about Blauwe Vingers, but damn was it sexy. And surprisingly easy to follow even if it was in another language. The first time I saw that reflected scenery in the river water = mind blown.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

kk. Sorry treellama. Thought it was you. I asked someone through PM and the answered me with a no. Thought it was you.

Wish I hadn't deleted it.
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

Nordevai wrote:Closest thing that I can think of would be the Traxus Wiki, but its not quite a complete collective of whats all out there.
Anyone who can contribute anything at all to the articles for these scenarios, please do!
Sphting Distance
Born on Board

It would be great if this could be made a pinned or sticky thread to make it easy for others to find.
Cathunter
Cyborg

Nordevai wrote:Incomplete but playable Scenario's: AcephalosityApotheosisDurandal's SonLeviathanMarathon and BeyondRamesesRy'adaRye CatcherSigma BlueWhat If Revenge Was A Virtue?
Warning: Some of these are more playable than others
You can say that again. I think that Apotheosis is the only one that is properly playable with only the finer points lacking; the remainder are collections of maps with different degrees of compilation, if any. The purpose of the Orphanage is to supply material for people to use in their own maps & scenarios not playable games. Where appropriate, some of the material has also been separated and put on other pages as maps, textures, monsters etc.

Cathunter
Sphting Distance
Born on Board

Now will most of these work with the most recent version A1?

I gotta say I started playing Morgana's Revenge and I'm having trouble getting into it.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Most of these should work with A1, but I think Morgana's revenge uses its own version of A1.

Check the site.

edit:here!
Last edited by listener on Mar 24th '12, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

S wrote:It would be great if this could be made a pinned or sticky thread to make it easy for others to find.
It is posted on the source-forge page, just noticed.

Also here is a topic started by RyokoTK and includes some not included here, like the missed islands.
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

Some of the links don't seem to work - at least, I couldn't get the Unimap version of Pfh'Joueur to download, or Siege of Nor'Korh.
Balapoel
Born on Board

The Master list (as of 2000) can be found here:
http://archives2.bungie.org/info/marath ... .guide.hqx
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

Added all these to the list at Traxus. Feel free to create articles for those that don't have one.
Balapoel
Born on Board

There's probably 600 solo maps and scenarios that the traxus list doesn't have... Did you download the master scenario guide?
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Woah, Dave is there. Now that's awesome. O_O

KTA IV is missing from the list.

Christ, I'm the only one who really knows anything about Dave, so I should be the one to write the article. I would also like to help out with the others if possible. The problem: I can't do the confirmation code for registering!!! There's no math problem!!! Fix this please!!
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

Balapoel wrote:There's probably 600 solo maps and scenarios that the traxus list doesn't have... Did you download the master scenario guide?
No. I'm not that insane. :D Anyone can edit a wiki, so jump in and help out.
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

Destiny wrote:I would also like to help out with the others if possible. The problem: I can't do the confirmation code for registering!!! There's no math problem!!! Fix this please!!
I'll try to look into this. I wasn't aware there was a problem with registering new users.