Doctor Who

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Oct 15th '11, 02:46

( :D I want a Calvin & Hobbes T-Shirt!!!! )

Anyway, Pfhorrest, I also thought that the Doctor who died in the Impossible Astronaut was a ganger Doctor.

But River and the Doctor touch making time move forward... I still can't figure that out.

The Doctor said in the Pandorica episode, "The Universe is big, bizzare, rediculous, and sometimes impossible things just happen and we call them miracles..." Of course that's not the case since everyone knew why time moved forward when they touch.

ODST276
USA

Post Oct 15th '11, 16:52

ODST276 wrote:( :D I want a Calvin & Hobbes T-Shirt!!!! )

What?
Escape From Marathon Roleplayer. *Scott-Karen-Loner*
[color=#ffffff]I wanted to live-Scott
[/color]
Scanning...just dust and echoes. We're all that's left. We did what we had to do! For Earth. An entire Covenant armada obliterated and the Flood! We had no choice. Halo-it's finished.
No. I think we're just getting started.
listener

Post Oct 15th '11, 23:20

listener wrote:What?

The link Pfhorrest posted. link

The guy is wearing a Calvin & Hobbes t-shirt. I was just stating that I wanted it...

ODST276
USA

Post Oct 16th '11, 00:35

ODST276 wrote:The link Pfhorrest posted. link

The guy is wearing a Calvin & Hobbes t-shirt. I was just stating that I wanted it...

Do you also want to be killed, meet Death in the afterlife, find out it was you from the future who killed you, become the Death of Going Back In Time And Murdering Yourself, be sent back in time by Death to kill yourself, instead warn yourself about you coming back to kill yourself, causing several universes to be destroyed simultaneously at several different times, then go on the run from Death, eventually have Death catch up to you, only to send you back in time to 1943 Berlin with Sir Isaac Newton in his personal TARDIS, so you can kill yourself and set things right, only to be killed by yourself instead, so that Hitler's disembodied brain can be put into your body in order for him to die properly by choking on a giant frog, thus setting history back to normalcy?

Cause that's what comes with that shirt.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."

Pfhorrest
California

Post Oct 16th '11, 21:18

[MLaugh] Totally missed that link. Nice one.

What about this?

It came out of nowhere!
Last edited by listener on Oct 16th '11, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
[/color]
Scanning...just dust and echoes. We're all that's left. We did what we had to do! For Earth. An entire Covenant armada obliterated and the Flood! We had no choice. Halo-it's finished.
listener

Post Oct 18th '11, 16:23

[post="http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-d2xxfH7/0/L/i-d2xxfH7-M.jpg"]this is you[/post]
words

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Oct 18th '11, 20:47

» Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

Please fix
[/color]
listener

Post Oct 19th '11, 06:14

listener wrote: [MLaugh] Totally missed that link. Nice one.

What about this?

It came out of nowhere!

That reminds me of an odd dream I had a year or two ago.

I dreamt I was walking through the parking lot of the nearby shopping center when the Back to the Future music swelled and a DeLorean appeared in a bright flash of light, drifting to a stop next to me trailing fire. The passenger door opened and Christopher Lloyd in character as Doctor Emmett Brown leaned over and shouted "Get in!" I stood there stunned and stammered with surprise, "Christopher Lloyd!?" He replied "I stole it off the Universal Studios back lot! GET IN!"

I did so, and the DeLorean took off into the air, attracting stares from all the other shopping center patrons in the lot. Then it engaged its cloaking field, and apparently also it's Somebody Else's Problem field, as everyone in the parking lot suddenly shrugged and went about their business.

Meanwhile we rushed in the flying DeLorean out over the ocean, almost skimming the surface of the water. I looked between the seats and saw that in place of an ordinary back seat or a Flux Capacitor, there was the interior of the alien timeship from Flight of The Navigator, which you will note is much larger than a car. I did a double-take between that and the front of the car, confirming that we actually were still in a DeLorean as far as you could tell looking forward.

I stared, mouth agape, at Christopher Lloyd, as though to ask for an explanation. He explained, "It's bigger on the inside." I replied, after a pause, "Which 'Doctor' are you supposed to be again?"
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."

Pfhorrest
California

Post Oct 19th '11, 21:51

[MLaugh] [MLaugh] [MLaugh]

Bahbahbahbah BAH i'm loving it!
[/color]
listener

Post Oct 21st '11, 01:21

Somebody Else's Problem Field. That's quite funny (all of it is)... did you happen by chance to see Slartibartfast?

ODST276
USA

Post Dec 3rd '11, 22:51

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but a new Christmas special is coming out soon.

The Doctor, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.
[/color]
listener

Post Dec 4th '11, 01:18

listener wrote:Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but a new Christmas special is coming out soon.

The Doctor, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

I've heard that also, but I don't want anybody to quote me on that.

I't would be logical to assume that the Christmas Special is quiet literally "The Doctor, The Witch, & the Wardrobe,"
but then again... when has Doctor Who been logical...

ODST276
USA

Post Dec 24th '11, 16:20

Realized that it was the doctor, the widow, and the wardrobe.

Today is a doctor who Christmas special marathon, with the new one tomorrow.

135 on dish.
[/color]
listener

Post Dec 25th '11, 21:04

I know what I'm watching in a few hours!

ODST276
USA

Post Dec 26th '11, 16:15

Discuss.
[/color]
listener

Post Dec 26th '11, 17:12

It was quite simple, nor was it truly a spin-off of The Lion, The Which, and the Wardrobe, but I thought it was okay. I wasn't disappointed by it not being like C.S. Lewis's book, I'm no fan of his stuff.

ODST276
USA

Post Feb 3rd '12, 04:55

Doctor Who rules all. Too bad the newer ones are so... fanciful. I always liked the episodes from the 60's and 70's better. [MGrin]
http://electricsheep.org/ Wicked Custom Screen Saver. It actually evolves over time, thanks to some internet-y crap.

nonstab
Chicago

Post Feb 3rd '12, 21:41

Fanciful? [MFrown]
[/color]
listener

Post Feb 3rd '12, 23:19

listener wrote:Fanciful? [MFrown]

Overimaginative.

The problem with new Doctor Who is it's producer, Stephen Moffat. He was a Whovian back in his boyhood, so all the new episodes are rather... fan fiction-ish. They seem to portray the Doctor as a omniscient being who's only agenda is to save the universe. In the good old days, the Doctor was a flawed, eccentric outlaw, who used his superior wit to deceive and defeat his adversaries. It was implied that the TARDIS guided him towards potential disasters, and the only thing that prevented him from immediately leaving was his curiosity and sense of moral justice. He wasn't a TV genius action hero, he was just some 750 year old college dropout who stole a Time machine.

Sorry if I went off on a tangent there.
http://electricsheep.org/ Wicked Custom Screen Saver. It actually evolves over time, thanks to some internet-y crap.

nonstab
Chicago

Post Feb 4th '12, 17:51

Not at all. Isn't this a thread about doctor who?

but about the post, it explained a lot of things, and It is right, now that i think about it.
[/color]
listener

Post Feb 4th '12, 17:59

There used to be a guy on youtube with every episode from the 70's, but I think the BBC got to him.

nonstab
Chicago

Post Feb 5th '12, 19:27

Yeah, ive been seeing more and more of that dreaded "Youtube has taken of this video due to the producers asking"

[MFrown]
[/color]
listener

Post Feb 5th '12, 22:10

listener wrote:Yeah, ive been seeing more and more of that dreaded "Youtube has taken of this video due to the producers asking"

[MFrown]

Yes, it's very unfortunate.

nonstab
Chicago

Post Feb 6th '12, 21:03

xdedge wrote:ODST... you just don't appreciate the way that it shows the difficulties of time travel.
Cathunter.... How old ARE you?
Ive been watching since the guy before David Tenet.

Creepest episode ever... David Tenet Weeping Angels.

Help if you could spell his name right.
David Tenant.
The guy before hims was Christopher Eccleston.

Fishman92
UK

Post Feb 6th '12, 21:42

Fishman92 wrote:Help if you could spell his name right.
David Tenant.

*Tennant.

Derp.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Chat