Writing sugestions

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Aug 28th '11, 00:36

How would you suggest writing a marathon story? Include terminals with 1st person view, terminals with 3rd person view, without terminals, or whatever you think would be best.
Marathon:Recharge

xdedge

Post Aug 28th '11, 08:46

I go for "whatever you think would be best"
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt
Belgium

Post Aug 28th '11, 09:43

xdedge wrote:How would you suggest writing a marathon story? Include terminals with 1st person view, terminals with 3rd person view, without terminals, or whatever you think would be best.

I made mine up as a went along. In hindsight, perhaps that wasn't such a good idea, but hey. It's working out fine. Ish.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Aug 28th '11, 16:32

I'm not writing a scenario plot...yet (possibly never)

i mean a short story writing in a marathonish way.

xdedge

Post Aug 28th '11, 19:43

Well, I guess if it was Marathonish way, you could try writing out the entire plot in a very linear sense. Then you could look for cultural items that slightly relate to your plot and write those in liu of one of those linear events. (Separate Paragraphs perhaps). Or you could do an Owen Meany any jump around chronologically, but still tell a linear story. Like Drictelt said, anything that works.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Aug 28th '11, 20:57

You're this dude, and there are these aliens. Kill them before they kill you. The number 7. Find a way into the next level.

There's your story.

ukimalefu

Post Aug 29th '11, 22:21

Ummm...sure....

Should He talk?

Btw what do you think of my avatar?

xdedge

Post Oct 3rd '11, 15:25

xdedge wrote:Ummm...sure....

Should He talk?

Btw what do you think of my avatar?

the lightning bolt?
i like it.

maybe you can run with that. what if the character is revived after X years to do a very very short (or what is intended to be)
fix of some appendage on the ship that the s'pht can't do themselves. they need a humanoid.
almost like a representation of the process of revival, if you'd be informed as to what happened for the past X years,
while still being reminded you, although fate, are still a pawn, etc.
Vahouzn

Return to Artwork and Music