Latest ver. of Physics Editor One J ("ammo type" fix)

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Oct 8th '11, 19:15

So I drew a quick, bastardized version of the M2/Infinity shotgun to mess around with in a few M1A1 scenarios I had concocted. I was editing the default M1A1 physics model to accommodate the weapon when I noticed that I could not modify the "Projectile type" or "Ammunition type" in Physics Editor One J; not properly at least. Putting ammo all over a map doesn't mean much if the weapon isn't set to use it, but I digress.

In the last post of the locked Physics Editor One J thread, HogePyio writes:

HogePyio wrote:BTW, I fixed "projectiles" and "using ammo" in [weapon]-[trigger]tab

http://fileball.bungie.org/index.php?optio...nfo&id=3414

Of course fileball is no longer up so the provided link is useless. I'm using version 1.1.6, which I downloaded from Simplici7y, but apparently this version doesn't include HogePyio's updates. Does anyone have and can post the version HogePyio uploaded on the last post of the Physic Editor One thread? I've searched for it extensively on the web but haven't found anything more current than what I'm presently using. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I tried a long work-around by manually editing a default (Infinity) physics model to match the M1A1 model while leaving the shotgun ammo type in place. Not only was this extremely time consuming but I also discovered that "Monster > Intelligence" is another field that cannot be properly modified by Physics Editor One J. Unfortunately, many of the Infinity monsters' intelligence differ from the Original monsters' intelligence.
Last edited by tgiggz on Oct 8th '11, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
tgiggz

Post Oct 9th '11, 05:19

Update:
Well, I solved my shotgun ammo dilemma through the use of a hex editor (just for reference, the address of the shotgun's ammunition type is 0000AB7E). That being said, if there is a newer version of Physic Editor One J where the issue with editing ammunition types has been resolved, I would still be extremely grateful if someone could post a link for it. Thanks again.
tgiggz

Post Oct 9th '11, 08:44

I'd like to help, but I have no experience with Physics Editor One J. I just use Anvil, via SheepShaver. I'm glad you found a work around.

Crater Creator

Post Oct 9th '11, 09:24

Have you tried messaging HogePyio? While it may take a while/forever for him to respond, at least it notifies him he should upload it to Simplici7y when he has a chance.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Oct 9th '11, 16:03

Crater Creator wrote:I'd like to help, but I have no experience with Physics Editor One J. I just use Anvil, via SheepShaver. I'm glad you found a work around.

I very much prefer Anvil as well. I can't even count the hours I spent tinkering with it on my old Performa 6300 many, many years ago. While physics models created with Anvil can be used in Aleph One, unfortunately, Anvil cannot edit the M1A1 physics file. Again, I could create a physics model from scratch in Anvil, but being that my M1 shotgun mod is a rather small addition, it doesn't seem like it's worth the effort. I would rather just start with Raul Bonilla's M1A1 file and go from there.

Zott wrote:Have you tried messaging HogePyio? While it may take a while/forever for him to respond, at least it notifies him he should upload it to Simplici7y when he has a chance.

Good point. I'm sure HogePyio would want his latest version on Simplici7y, not to mention anyone else who encountered the same issue I did. I'll try sending him a message.

Thanks for the responses guys.
tgiggz

Post Oct 9th '11, 18:12

tgiggz wrote:While physics models created with Anvil can be used in Aleph One, unfortunately, Anvil cannot edit the M1A1 physics file.

The M1A1 physics were created in Anvil. Of course it can edit them.

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Oct 9th '11, 22:31

Well, you're very right Treellama. I just discovered that Anvil can in fact edit the physics model that comes with the M1A1 map making kit. This discovery leaves me with a question though: why can Anvil edit that particular model but not the physics models embedded in the M1A1 scenario? The base physics model I used for the shotgun mod was the physics model from "Arrival." I split the M1A1 map file using Atque and copied the physics model from "Arrival" but when I tried to open it in Anvil, no cigar - hence why I started using Physic Editor One. J It wasn't until you're post that I even thought of trying to find/open another M1A1 physics model in Anvil. If I had known that it worked, I probably would have used Anvil all along (via Basilisk II).

So, yea... why can Anvil open the physics model in the map making kit, but not the physics models in a split map file? Is there a difference in the file structure after it's been embedded?
Last edited by tgiggz on Oct 10th '11, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
tgiggz

Post Oct 9th '11, 23:12

Nope just set the right Mac OS file type code.

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Oct 11th '11, 21:11

Treellama wrote:Nope just set the right Mac OS file type code.

Correct me if I'm wrong (again), but I don't think I'm able to set a Mac OS file type code while running system 7.x in Basilisk II, no? My personal computer is a Windows XP rig so I only have access to a Mac OS via emulation... unless I move it over to my work computer--a MacBook Pro running Leopard--but I'd really prefer to avoid that. Once again, feel free to tell me otherwise.

Either way, I'm just happy to know that I can use Anvil with the right physics file. Thank you again for your help.
Last edited by tgiggz on Oct 11th '11, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
tgiggz

Post Oct 12th '11, 00:17

tgiggz wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong (again), but I don't think I'm able to set a Mac OS file type code while running system 7.x in Basilisk II, no? My personal computer is a Windows XP rig so I only have access to a Mac OS via emulation... unless I move it over to my work computer--a MacBook Pro running Leopard--but I'd really prefer to avoid that. Once again, feel free to tell me otherwise.

Either way, I'm just happy to know that I can use Anvil with the right physics file. Thank you again for your help.

You can do it in Basilisk using ResEdit. Dismiss the open file dialog box that appears, and instead select Get File/Folder Info from the File menu. Choose the physics file you want to edit, and assign it the file type code phyâ??

You get the infinity symbol in Mac OS by typing alt-5.

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Oct 12th '11, 15:50

You never fail to impress Treellama. Thanks for all your help. Now I just need an excuse to mess around in Anvil again.
tgiggz

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera