How do you install/play Marathon/Marathon2/Marathon Infinite??????

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Post Dec 9th '11, 20:14

I went to the sourceforge page for the Aleph 1 engine and downloaded it, mounted the disk image (Mac OSX 10.5.8) and copied the Aleph 1 Engine to Applications (it says I am suppose to copy it to the "scenarios" folder, what is that?)

I then downloaded the three games from sourceforge and mounted the disk images and copied the games to the Applications folder as well.

When I launch any of the games (double click their icons in the Applications folder) they immediately crash and I am told to relaunch, which never works.

I then tried launching the Aleph 1 Engine (double click the Aleph 1 icon in the Applications folder) and it tells me to choose a scenario. I assumed this meant I was suppose to select the game I wanted to play, but this was not possible since all the games were gray, meaning I could not select/click on them to choose them.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help me soon because I REALLY want to try out the games!!!!
thesirchelios

Post Dec 10th '11, 13:49

There might be a problem with 10.5.8, this is the second report we've seen now.

Can you right click the game in the Finder, and choose "Get Info". Then enable the "Open in 32-bit Mode" check box. Please let me know if this works!
Last edited by treellama on Dec 10th '11, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Dec 11th '11, 01:18

Yes that worked for all three of them :) Thank you for the help!
I am a big fan of the Halo series and have always wanted to try out the Marathon games since they are kind of the origin of the Halo franchise and Bungie. Thank you so much for giving me and all the other fans this opportunity!
thesirchelios

Post Dec 11th '11, 01:22

Yes that worked for all three games :) Thank you for your help!

I also wanted to say thank you for the great work all of you have done on this game. I am a HUGE Halo fan and I have always wanted to try the Marathon games since they are kind of the origin of the Halo franchise and Bungie. So thank you so much for giving me and everyone else this opportunity!
thesirchelios

Post Dec 11th '11, 12:46

thesirchelios wrote:Yes that worked for all three of them :) Thank you for the help!

Great! We will make sure that is fixed in the next release!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jan 7th '12, 23:12

I'd been having this exact same issue. Nice, easy fix. Cheers Treellama.
Arclight

Return to Aleph One Discussion