Why is the last update on marathon.bungie.org dated 2009?

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Post Jan 9th '12, 16:08

What about the release of Phoenix? And the new Aleph One releases? This doesn't deserve a tiny blurb?
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jan 9th '12, 20:43

VikingBoyBilly wrote:What about the release of Phoenix? And the new Aleph One releases? This doesn't deserve a tiny blurb?

Many of the sites in the marathon fandom have fallen into disrepair, stagnation or have even disappeared completely.

Nordevai

Post Jan 9th '12, 22:57

VikingBoyBilly wrote:This doesn't deserve a tiny blurb?

why don't you update it then
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Feb 3rd '12, 00:54

VikingBoyBilly wrote:What about the release of Phoenix? And the new Aleph One releases? This doesn't deserve a tiny blurb?

Considering that Marathon's an obscure game from 17 years ago, that's pretty damn good.
http://electricsheep.org/ Wicked Custom Screen Saver. It actually evolves over time, thanks to some internet-y crap.

nonstab
Chicago

Post Feb 3rd '12, 11:08

The reason for there being no news post on marathon.bungie.org is simply because of the fact that the news posters there have moved on to other things. If anyone is interested in posting news to marathon.bungie.org (or doing anything about it) then I recommend contacting the people responsible for bungie.org now a days. (I haven't been active for the past years, but I assume Claude is still keepings things together at bungie.org)

JohannesG

Post Feb 6th '12, 01:33

On Joho's note, if anybody is actually interested in running the place, or maybe even redesigning it, I can probably hook you up. He probably could too, but he didn't offer...
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."

Pfhorrest
California

Post Feb 6th '12, 19:49

Pfhorrest wrote:On Joho's note, if anybody is actually interested in running the place, or maybe even redesigning it, I can probably hook you up. He probably could too, but he didn't offer...

It was an idea some time ago that was discussed between various people to redesign marathon.bungie.org and I did even make a sketch or two for that design if i remember correctly but it never went further than that. I think one of the main ideas (or maybe it was just the one that was most dominant in my head) was to make the news "semi-automatic". Basically, it would pull RSS feeds from all over the place.

Although I personally long to redesign m.borg, but I really am not able to sacrifice any of my time now a days. Sadly.

JohannesG

Post Mar 2nd '12, 02:37

Holy cow new updates!
VikingBoyBilly

Post Mar 26th '12, 03:09

http://marathon.bungie.org/ has been updated with a new look, and some updated links. That should give it some momentum, but you can help the revival by sending in your Marathon news! The link is at the bottom of the page.

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Mar 26th '12, 03:14

Treellama wrote:http://marathon.bungie.org/ has been updated with a new look, and some updated links. That should give it some momentum, but you can help the revival by sending in your Marathon news! The link is at the bottom of the page.

RSS feed of the news would be super awesome.
Image Image

interion

Return to The Pfhorums