who needs sh*t done?

Introduce yourself here!

Post Feb 12th '12, 23:11

Not new, just back from the dead (unemployed again) So who needs stuff?

â?¢ music / sfx
â?¢ textures
â?¢ 3D
â?¢ BS
â?¢ story ideas (more BS)
â?¢ chicken sandwich?

Oh, I also have printer's ink.
Last edited by jessenator on Feb 12th '12, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
â?¢musicâ?¢sfxâ?¢texturesâ?¢bullsh*t

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Feb 12th '12, 23:20

I still need someone to extract the EXO weapon models from CryoS, finish them if necessary and render out the frames so I can actually import them into AO.

Someone to import them into AO for me would be nice to...
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."

Pfhorrest
California

Post Feb 12th '12, 23:28

Do you think you could write a comprehensive tutorial on how to make terminals in marathon for the modern user? the old documentation is vague, and no longer meets the needs of the new map creators.

Just a suggestion.
Marathon D.R.E.A.M. copyright � 2008-2011- Is a future and ongoing SECRET project by Yours truly and Jjarandal productions � 2011- :
most patents pending and accepted. any and all material conceived by ME is property of me and gives no one a right to lay claim to my imagined stuff

***INCOMING MESSAGE***
Check out my blog, I've developed a little game pfhor you to play...

>> http://thedurpartment.blogspot.com/ <<

***END MESSAGE***
???Durandal???

Post Feb 12th '12, 23:43

@ Pfhorrest
to clarify, by EXO, you mean the weapon models for Eternal? I've got EternalX on my drive and can see what I can do about building them myself- if it's a matter of convincing CyroS to hand the models off, that might work, too, although I'm picky about trying to figure out someone else's poly construction :P might be faster to start from scratch. PM me

@ Durandal347
Not one to turn down an offer, but there might be more enlightened folks on here to take that on, but still, I could try.

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Feb 13th '12, 00:05

jessenator wrote:Not new, just back from the dead (unemployed again) So who needs stuff?

â?¢ music / sfx
â?¢ textures
â?¢ 3D
â?¢ BS
â?¢ chicken sandwich?

My new project is also somewhat understaffed, some printer's ink would be nice!

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Feb 13th '12, 00:19

Shadowbreaker wrote:My new project is also somewhat understaffed, some printer's ink would be nice!

700 gallons of PMS 582 - it's all yours!

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Feb 13th '12, 02:24

jessenator wrote:700 gallons of PMS 582 - it's all yours!

That's quite a color, gives Agent Orange a run for its money.
Aleph One:  Download 1.1         Plugins:  Vasara  ·  more

Hopper

Post Feb 13th '12, 16:40

I like Durandals Idea!
Escape From Marathon Roleplayer. *Scott-Karen-Loner*
[color=#ffffff]I wanted to live-Scott
[/color]
Scanning...just dust and echoes. We're all that's left. We did what we had to do! For Earth. An entire Covenant armada obliterated and the Flood! We had no choice. Halo-it's finished.
No. I think we're just getting started.
listener

Post Feb 13th '12, 18:43

Make 3D scenery plugins for marathon infinity. Ignore all other requests. :D

goran

Post Feb 13th '12, 19:32

goran wrote:Make 3D scenery plugins for marathon infinity. Ignore all other requests. :D

I thought you could do that alreadyâ?¦ maybe it's just items. I replaced the grenades with a simple, custom-made, low-poly belt. The max poly count for 3D objects in AO is low (at least the last time I looked at the specs).
Last edited by jessenator on Feb 13th '12, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Feb 13th '12, 21:53

If your not to busy with other things I could use a few textures.

Nordevai

Post Feb 13th '12, 22:26

jessenator wrote:I thought you could do that alreadyâ?¦ maybe it's just items. I replaced the grenades with a simple, custom-made, low-poly belt. The max poly count for 3D objects in AO is low (at least the last time I looked at the specs).

If aleph one was a business market, 3D scenery sets is an unexplored niche with high payback.

- high usage
- good longevity
- fills the unspoken demand for 3D scenery.

Helping people with project X is a more risky business. The fail rate is high, and you only get a percentage of the glory. Say 10%.

:D
Last edited by goran on Feb 13th '12, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Feb 14th '12, 00:19

goran wrote:If aleph one was a business market, 3D scenery sets is an unexplored niche with high payback.

- high usage
- good longevity
- fills the unspoken demand for 3D scenery.

Helping people with project X is a more risky business. The fail rate is high, and you only get a percentage of the glory. Say 10%.

The problem I saw with 3d scenery is that in maps made prior to Weland or Pfhorge, all of the scenery objects (and items) will be pointing the same way. I suppose you could make some lua script that randomly rotates everything at init() though.

Also, the more high res and 3d stuff we put in, the worse the monsters feel about themselves :P

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Feb 14th '12, 02:10

Hopper wrote:That's quite a color, gives Agent Orange a run for its money.

Shit green, for when black stops being cool.
Last edited by Dis on Feb 14th '12, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post Feb 14th '12, 02:56

goran wrote:Helping people with project X is a more risky business. The fail rate is high, and you only get a percentage of the glory. Say 10%.

At this point, glory isn't in my sights- I just want to help out- as implausibly altruistic as that sounds.

Eventually my own project will get to a better point to be reintroduced and I will gladly welcome volunteers in return, not grunts to "do my dirty work."

As far as additional 3D elements, I think there's obviously a threshold, but why not?

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Feb 14th '12, 05:06

jessenator wrote:The max poly count for 3D objects in AO is low (at least the last time I looked at the specs).

Maybe not... have you seen what thedoctor45 is doing with Halathon? I believe he's using 3D models at the full level of detail.

Crater Creator

Post Feb 14th '12, 09:29

Scenery objects pointing the same way is not an issue, it is a blessing. Finally we may see a pfhor ship that is not on a crash collision course with the player.

goran

Post Feb 14th '12, 13:49

Crater Creator wrote:Maybe not... have you seen what thedoctor45 is doing with Halathon? I believe he's using 3D models at the full level of detail.

Indeed, Aleph One on modern hardware should be able to handle 3D models with the "full level" of detail of an eleven year old game :)
Last edited by treellama on Feb 14th '12, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Feb 27th '12, 22:08

are you still volunteering to create custom chapter artwork? I'm looking for someone who can make Chapter screens
Marathon D.R.E.A.M. copyright � 2008-2011- Is a future and ongoing SECRET project by Yours truly and Jjarandal productions � 2011- :
most patents pending and accepted. any and all material conceived by ME is property of me and gives no one a right to lay claim to my imagined stuff

***INCOMING MESSAGE***
Check out my blog, I've developed a little game pfhor you to play...

>> http://thedurpartment.blogspot.com/ <<

***END MESSAGE***
???Durandal???

Post Mar 1st '12, 14:40

Well, there is one thing you could help me out with, if you have the time ;)

President People got me all interested in the S'pht last month about what the S'pht actually look like (link), so I got all excited about making full sets of sprites for the unmasked S'pht. I got about as far as a couple pages of sketches before I had to move away :(
Still, if you want to take a crack at them, that'd be super duper cool.

http://www.rising-studios.com/Marathon/Exp...ites/S'pht/

mchief111

Post Mar 19th '12, 00:02

jessenator wrote:Not new, just back from the dead (unemployed again) So who needs stuff?

â?¢ music / sfx
â?¢ textures
â?¢ 3D
â?¢ BS
â?¢ chicken sandwich?

Sorry but I don't need any help. [MFrown]
Overlord Brinkly

Return to Welcome