ShapeFusion 0.6

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Feb 21st '12, 02:16

ShapeFusion 0.6 is up on SourceForge: http://sf.net/projects/shapefusion

ShapeFusion 0.6 requires Mac OS X 10.4, Windows XP, or Linux with wxWidgets 2.8

Changes since 0.5:
  • Copy and paste support for bitmaps
  • New frames have sane default bitmaps associated
  • Support for importing and deleting sound permutations, editing many more sound fields, and editing sound codes. Just like in Anvil, it's still your responsibility to make sure they're multiples of 5!
  • Support for creating and applying Anvil format shapes patches
  • Fixed loading/saving minimum light intensities less than 100%
  • ShapeFusion can now automatically detect files based on file extension or contents; it is no longer necessary to choose the correct file type from the menu before opening
  • ShapeFusion can now edit physics files, including copy/paste of elements between files
  • ShapeFusion now uses Anvil's names by default. You can still customize for scenarios by using a DefaultNames.txt file, but i have not generated one with the new names yet.
  • Some Windows fixes from Hopper: better window appearance; less flicker in sequence view; special characters in sequence names work now
  • ShapeFusion can copy and paste entire collections, including between files. Click on the 8-bit or True color version to copy/paste
  • Got rid of the New command, since it didn't do anything useful
  • Double click on a frame in sequence view to quickly type in a new frame index
  • New configure system thanks to Hopper
  • A beautiful new icon from Goran Svensson

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Feb 21st '12, 05:43

Awesome! Great work, guys.

Ares Ex Machina

Post Feb 22nd '12, 00:11

Hurray!
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny

Destiny
USA

Post Feb 22nd '12, 01:33

Thanks to all the developers that put their hard work into it.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Feb 22nd '12, 14:52

Wicked. This is much easier to use than the previous version of ShapeFusion, not to mention the Physics functionality means I don't have to use Physics Editor One anymore *shudders*. Not that I've actually done any shapes/Physics work worth mentioning, however.
Last edited by nonstab on Feb 22nd '12, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
http://electricsheep.org/ Wicked Custom Screen Saver. It actually evolves over time, thanks to some internet-y crap.

nonstab
Chicago

Post Feb 23rd '12, 04:51

Zott wrote:Thanks to all the developers that put their hard work into it.

ditto. cheers!
â?¢musicâ?¢sfxâ?¢texturesâ?¢bullsh*t

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Feb 24th '12, 07:56

Zott wrote:Thanks to all the developers that put their hard work into it.

Yes, thank you! Also great job on the icon, Goran. I love it!
"My advise: V" - g pack

brilliant

Post Feb 25th '12, 03:20

I've modified sourceã??code for Japanese Translation.
This was implemented using WxLocale.

Enclose of the string, was a mix of () _T and _ ()ã??amd wxT().
Therefore, I have to _() seems to be a place for text display.

Then, will not work properly in my environment is wx2.8.x, has been modified so that it can build with wx2.9.3.

http://git.sourceforge.jp/view?p=marathon/ShapeFusion.git
Last edited by logue on Feb 25th '12, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.

logue

Post Feb 25th '12, 03:27

logue wrote:Enclose of the string, was a mix of () _T and _ ()ã??amd wxT().
Therefore, I have to _() seems to be a place for text display.

I tried my best to get those right, but I may have mixed some up. Some definitely should stay wxT() though.

Can you post a diff against SVN? I can't read the Japanese at that git repo
Last edited by treellama on Feb 25th '12, 03:27, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Feb 26th '12, 06:27

Treellama wrote:I tried my best to get those right, but I may have mixed some up. Some definitely should stay wxT() though.

Yes.ã??Such as file extention and Template name is still wxT().
I've changed the string that use for display to _().

I did is as follows.
  • Because the error occurs in the wxFlexGridSizer, made â??â??two arguments.
  • Modify FindTemplate() to ::FindTemplate() in ShapeFusionDocManager.cpp.
  • Fixed not resource error in shape window. (add #include <wx/msw/wx.rc> in to shapefusion.rc and modify makefile.am)

Treellama wrote:Can you post a diff against SVN? I can't read the Japanese at that git repo

I'm not sure how to use the Diff.
Is that what you want?
[attachment=5527:shapefus...2.9patch.zip]
Attachments
shapefusion_i18n_wx2.9patch.zip
(46.49 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

logue

Post Feb 27th '12, 18:56

ShapeFusion crashed when I tried to save after applying a Shapes Patch to my Phoenix Shapes file. It appeared to apply just fine, but it will crash whether I try to Save or Save Asâ?¦ The Patch consisted of one bitmap and three very minor frame changes, and was created using the Phoenix 1.2.0 Shapes as the base.

Be sure to use a copy of your Phoenix Shapes file!
[attachment=5534:Broken_P...ix_Patch.zip]

On a side note, when you copy a collection to another shapes file, the Interface collection disappears, leaving its 8-Bit and True Color sub-collections visible at the top of the list. Reloading the file brings it back, however, even after saving.
Attachments
Broken_Phoenix_Patch.zip
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by President People on Mar 28th '12, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
irons wrote:-sigh- How often idiots get elected.
xenmedomaniac (Spambot) wrote:Hallo all, Just
cool

President People
You are Destiny

Post Mar 28th '12, 18:56

Wasn't there a field for horizontal bob in the Weapon Definition settings of the physics model? Though that feature may have been unearthed in Hakvil. I'm also hoping tooltips will be implemented at some point?
Last edited by President People on Mar 28th '12, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
irons wrote:-sigh- How often idiots get elected.
xenmedomaniac (Spambot) wrote:Hallo all, Just
cool

President People
You are Destiny

Post Mar 30th '12, 04:10

Horizontal bob still works, too, although I think you'd have a hard time tuning it to give a nice feeling. The motion isn't very natural, the horizontal and vertical end up bobbing weapons in a line rather than a sweeping curve.

[attachment=5604:Bobby.phyA.zip]
Attachments
Bobby.phyA.zip
(2.8 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Aleph One:  Download 1.0.2         Plugins:  Marathon Classic HUD  ·  System Se7en  ·  more

Hopper

Post Aug 24th '12, 18:43

I'm trying to create a shapes patch that only has a couple new color tables and sequences for a couple of aliens -- no new graphics. However, the patch it generates seems to be garbage. The shapes file itself works fine, but launching a test map with the patch merged in causes problems; the color tables aren't loaded at all, and the sequences seem glitchy.

I can upload the map and shapes file if necessary, but I'm mostly wondering if exporting a patch without any new actual bitmaps is even supported by SF at this time. It seems Anvil isn't capable of doing this either.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Aug 24th '12, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Minneapolis, MN, USA

Post Aug 24th '12, 18:48

I've tested it with shapes patches containing only a color table. What happens if you try to apply the patch in SF to a Marathon Infinity shapes file?

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Aug 24th '12, 18:51

Color tables were imported, sequences were not. However, then when I tried to save the modified shapes file, SF crashed and the new file was trashed.

RyokoTK
Minneapolis, MN, USA

Post Aug 24th '12, 19:06

RyokoTK wrote:Color tables were imported, sequences were not. However, then when I tried to save the modified shapes file, SF crashed and the new file was trashed.

Fail.

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera