what are the aleph one limits and what can it do

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Post Mar 3rd '12, 20:15

Hello I want to know what is the good and bad about aleph one and what can it do and what the limits of the engine. [MErr] like can I make levels like halo, half life, or unreal tournment 2007.Well i'm trying to make the grahpics like half life, halo, and doom 3. What are some good editors to use to make physics and levels.Can i make it render a city like grand theft auto sa.Please reply to this topic [MSmile] .
anonreclaimer

Post Mar 5th '12, 21:59

I would have to say my favourite aspect of Aleph One is its telepathic user interface. But its spatiotemporal prediction system and rhythmic beat are pretty good too.
Enzan

Post Mar 6th '12, 02:17

You should at the very least download Marathon Infinity, which will give you a good idea of what the engine is like.
Last edited by L'howon on Mar 6th '12, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Mar 6th '12, 02:30

yeah i have downloaded marathon infinity and i played the marathon 2 port But since the halo ce engine isnt opensource i was thinking about using aleph one engine could i make a good modern game with it and other good stuff.
anonreclaimer

Post Mar 6th '12, 02:36

Thanks to the maturity of the marathon editors (thanks Treellama!), you could probably completely recreate GTA in about a month if you worked hard.
The perfect amount of douche.

lochnits.com ||| The Pfhorums Game ||| Lochball (Fileball Archive)

Wrkncacnter

Post Mar 6th '12, 02:36

[attachment=5556:yourself.jpg]
Attachments
yourself.jpg
yourself.jpg (14.7 KiB) Viewed 366 times
patrick
末法

Post Mar 6th '12, 02:43

Ok but no has answer my question what are the limits of the engine.ARE there ploygon limits.Can i render 3d HUD gun other then 2d guns.What i'm trying to say is can i make it look and feel like halo or half life. like can I make big citys in marathon like gta Because i want to make a full 3d fps like halo.
anonreclaimer

Post Mar 6th '12, 03:06

anonreclaimer wrote:Ok but no has answer my question what are the limits of the engine.ARE there ploygon limits.Can i render 3d HUD gun other then 2d guns.What i'm trying to say is can i make it look and feel like halo or half life. like can I make big citys in marathon like gta Because i want to make a full 3d fps like halo.

NOPE
Image Image

interion

Post Mar 6th '12, 03:23

patrick wrote:
[attachment=5556:yourself.jpg]

Welcome to Zombo.com. This is Zombo.com.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

RyokoTK
Minneapolis, MN, USA

Post Mar 6th '12, 03:28

Tim wrote:NOPE

Well thanks for the reply [MFrown]
anonreclaimer

Post Mar 6th '12, 03:37

anonreclaimer wrote:Well thanks for the reply [MFrown]

Well what the hell did you expect, kid? If you want to make Halo maps, go make Halo maps, don't waste your time (or the time of anyone else) by trying to make Halo maps with a game, what, eight years its senior.

RyokoTK
Minneapolis, MN, USA

Post Mar 6th '12, 03:44

RyokoTK wrote:Well what the hell did you expect, kid? If you want to make Halo maps, go make Halo maps, don't waste your time (or the time of anyone else) by trying to make Halo maps with a game, what, eight years its senior.

I just want to make a badass game of a badass game engine you know.I was thinking that I can progarm the engine to that because marathon was awesome and the mutiplayer was to thats all really. [spnkr]
Last edited by anonreclaimer on Mar 6th '12, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.
anonreclaimer

Post Mar 6th '12, 03:56

anonreclaimer wrote:I just want to make a baass game
patrick
末法

Post Mar 6th '12, 04:00

dude screw off i'm being surious here so dont mock me
anonreclaimer

Post Mar 6th '12, 04:07

anonreclaimer wrote:dude screw off i'm being surious here so dont mock me

look, I can be Patrick too!

RyokoTK
Minneapolis, MN, USA

Post Mar 6th '12, 04:23

RyokoTK wrote:[attachment=5559:virat.jpg]

[attachment=5560:viv.jpg]
Attachments
viv.jpg
viv.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 362 times
virat.jpg
virat.jpg (21.33 KiB) Viewed 362 times
patrick
末法

Post Mar 6th '12, 04:43

I get the feeling we are being trolled.

[attachment=5561:fry.jpg]
Attachments
fry.jpg
fry.jpg (16.66 KiB) Viewed 363 times

mchief111

Post Mar 6th '12, 18:20

Anyone hear this track before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eNjdKVqJyg

It sounds AWESOME!!!

@Anonreclaimer: If you want to make Halo maps, just go ahead. Make them till your heart's content. The likelyhood of everybody playing them online over netmaps made by TK is slim though.
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny

Destiny
USA

Post Mar 6th '12, 21:08

Anonreclaimer, if you want to see examples of ways the engine is pushed, I recommend checking out BlauweVingers, and also Halathon (since you mentioned your interest in Halo).

Ares Ex Machina

Post Mar 6th '12, 21:38

Any further posts in this topic that do not consist exclusively of Kindergarten Cop quotes should be ostracized from our community forever.

RyokoTK
Minneapolis, MN, USA

Post Mar 6th '12, 22:01

Ares Ex Machina wrote:BlauweVingers

Lol is there an English version of that? I installed it but couldn't read any of the instructions.

mchief111

Post Mar 7th '12, 01:23

â?¢musicâ?¢sfxâ?¢texturesâ?¢bullsh*t

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Mar 7th '12, 02:13

RyokoTK wrote:Any further posts in this topic that do not consist exclusively of Kindergarten Cop quotes should be ostracized from our community forever.

Yeah, what he said.

Not Invented Here

Post Mar 9th '12, 00:39

Diogenes wrote:Lol is there an English version of that? I installed it but couldn't read any of the instructions.

You shoot the guys shooting at you. Also flip some switches, occasionally. Honestly, I spent an evening running the loading screens through Google Translate, it's really not much more complex than that. Unless you really like Dutch history.
Enzan

Next

Return to Aleph One Discussion